• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

8/10.

It sounds kind of like your typical "sad" theme at first (if a well-composed one); not in a bad way, but still. Then the pretty orchestral arrangement — which, as usual for this game's music, sounds more like something you'd hear in a movie than in most JRPGs — started to grow on me, and then the last few seconds went to a place that I didn't expect it would go to (presumably a plot- or character-relevant place). One of the surprisingly better tracks from this game that I've heard so far. 8/10.
Probably cause most of the Soundtrack is done by the Joe Hisaishi of Studio Ghibli fame, of course it will most likely sound more like a movie soundtrack than a videogame one.

Speaking of Joe Hisaishi, one of my favorite tracks from the game.

View: https://youtu.be/Pqy99Zm_eDI

It sounds kind of par for the course for SNES music if I have to be honest, on top of it becoming kind of repetitive to listen to after a while. But since SNES music in general is awesome to my ears, even "par for the course" isn't that bad at all, and on its own merits the song definitely sounds pumped-up enough to serve as a solid boss theme. 6.5/10.

I surprisingly rather liked the drums and percussion here, even with (or maybe even because of) its rather synth-y sound. And combined with the piano work, it makes for a song that's more than the sum of its parts, and is just catchy enough to my ears that I can listen to it for a while before I get tired of it. 7/10.

I don't have too much to say about this song given that it's kind of sparse and atmospheric in nature for most of its runtime. That said, it certainly sets the mood for what looks like a mysterious and perhaps rather creepy-looking game, and the last section of the song with the added instrumentation is a nice change of pace from the rest (even if I would've wanted it to be a bit longer). 7/10.

7.5/10

@InfiniteBakuphoon probably one of my favorite songs in II, the lullaby for "Luca" is even more beautiful when you find out that it's something like a keepsake from "Luca's" real mother.

Speaking of which, I'll post one of my favorite songs in the first game from my favorite Reyvateil in the series:

It sounds like your typical insert/ending vocal theme in a mostly good way: dramatic and ballad-heavy at the edge of being overly so at times, but still perfectly enjoyable to listen to. The effectiveness of songs like these really depends on when and where they play in-game, though. With that caveat noted, 7/10.

(It's the world map theme.)

Back
Top Bottom