• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

It definitely sounds fitting for its title, although I'll admit that my preferred instrumentation for this kind of song isn't really the more synth-like sound found here, but probably rather some live electric guitar backed up by an orchestra or multi-piece band of some sort, à la the later Etrian Odyssey titles or something like that. It's not bad besides that, so... 7/10.

Below is an arrangement of this:

8.5/10 I love the SaGa series so hearing another track (even if it's an arrangement) in this thread is nice. Though I'm still going to have to say I like the original more, but this arrange isn't bad and still stays close to the original and not straying too far from it's roots.

Title is called Rainy Heart

5/10 I have a love-hate thing for this theme, and this is coming from someone that doesn't bash on the XIII trilogy like most of the FF fandom does (with XIII-2 being my second favorite in the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos but I digress). For the series it is indeed a great battle theme, but my bias for VIII and Type-0 always override that; and constantly hearing it as background music for most FF channels I have watched started lowering my opinion of said theme. The XIII games do have a great soundtrack, but my overall opinion of this specific track has now been "overrated theme is overrated".

Well, it's certainly a dark and edgy-sounding main theme to what (one might assume to be) a dark and edgy-looking game, haha. Not entirely so, though, as it does go in some different directions as it goes on, as one would expect from a main theme of its length. While it's definitely not my favorite main theme for a video game ever or anything (there are many other candidates I'd choose for that honor), I can appreciate what it tries to do, so... 7/10.

Also, @Tactician Karina, what's funny is that my opinion of that above FFXIII battle theme happens to be same as yours for almost the exact same reasoning as yours, except in my case it's constantly hearing it in the background while (watching someone else go through) waves and corridors of bad guys, which happens quite a bit in that game. That said, the game's other major frequently-heard battle theme — the boss battle theme — happens to be one of my all-time favorite battle themes no matter how many times I hear it; go figure (I think that it's just the superior song, though).

Speaking of battle themes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom