• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

7.5/10 the slow and somber tone is very fitting for the sinister title; and the faint male chorus in the background gives it a slightly more creepy feel to it, very nice.

Current favorite track in the game after I got to this part last night, mainly cause it has a Devilman Crybaby vibe to it (and as an aside, the original first theme for the school has a bit of a P2: Innocent Sin feel). Unfortunately I can only find an hour long version of the theme, so apologies for that:

7/10 it's nice, but as an opening theme it's kind of meh. It sounds more like a track you'd hear in an emotional part of the game.

I know quite a few fans dislike Harmony of Dissonance's soundtrack due to it's low quality chiptune, but I think it's OST (and the game itself) is underrated, so I'm going to post two versions (one a fan rearrangement) of my favorite track:

Fan rearrangement, which imo shows how great the OST is if it wasn't held back:

9/10

It sets the pace and intensity of a battle very well, assuming that's what it's for. I'm not sure what kind of game it is, but I have high expectations for the rest of the soundtrack now.

8/10 P4's OST is my second favorite from the Persona games after the P2 duology; so I've always pretty much liked the whole OST for P4 due to how funky most of the beats are, and it's vocals are pretty much top tier imo. Anyway, this specific track is great, but I still prefer Reach Out To The Truth a bit more.

8.5/10 I know you posted a pub theme from a different game a while back and I really liked that one, but this one might actually beat it out in adding actual sounds of a pub (conversations, bottles popping, burping); it also adds in to the ambience with the music playing which makes it realistic, so I do enjoy this one.

10/10
Oh. Oh damn. Funky. I'll be honest after bouncing off of Astral Chain so hard after just a couple missions I entirely forgot the soundtrack was this legitimately boppin'.

Uh, video unavailable. Zero out of Zero?
What!? Curse you Square Enix copyright division!!
Hopefully this lives at least long enough for people to watch it.

9/10 it's FFIV, I have very fond memories of this game as it was my very first video game I played with my father, so a lot of it is indeed bias on that part. That said, I refrain from giving it a full ten as I still prefer the original SNES version, the chorus in this version doesn't really mesh that well with the more intense parts of the track imo; but it's still a really clean remaster, and I still think this one is better than the DS version at least.

I'm guessing that this is sequenced? It certainly has that MIDI-like sound to it (and the GameCube didn't exactly have oodles of space on its tiny discs for a lot of streamed audio, so... yeah). Nonetheless, this is a very entertaining track overall that goes to a lot of interesting places musically and thematically, even if it's not actually that spectacular compositionally compared to other tracks of its type. I have a weakness for "epic" orchestral tracks like this, and the geek in me enjoys seeing how far the GameCube's audio hardware can be pushed with such a track (if, again, this is actually sequenced). 7.5/10.

Speaking of epic orchestral tracks, sequenced music, and Fire Emblem (or not):

Last edited:
8/10 - You mostly hit the nail on the head when saying it's epic and similar to Fire Emblem, because that's the feeling I get from this. All-round epic piece.

...which I'm now going to ruin the mood of with this!

An arrangement of this would probably be amazing, but as it is, the lower fidelity of the DS sound hardware actually gives it an almost rustic kind of charm that more sophisticated instrumentation wouldn't necessarily be able to replicate, I think. The song itself is pretty catchy, too; not amazing, but certainly fun to listen to. 7/10.

A slightly wintery-sounding track for the season (that's presumably not really a winter track, but who knows what it was originally written for):

7.5/10 not sure why, but I get a bit of a Spyro (specifically the original games) and oddly enough KH 3D vibe from this track; not that it's a bad thing, though. I am curious as to what this track was intended for in this specific installment, but I quite enjoy it as wintry type themes are actually my favorites when it comes to video games, so it's unfortunate that this didn't make it in the final product.

Just started this game for the first time and already I love the OST so far, too bad there really isn't many uploads for the remake version's OST; so have one with added gameplay:

I'm not familiar with either the original or remake OST of this game (but the former apparently has a reputation). I therefore don't have any emotional attachment to any of its compositions, including this one which is just OK along with the more modern arrangement of it featured here. It's pretty standard (if well-accomplished) action stage music, and that's perfectly fine. That said, my favorite part was the rather funky synth breakdown section about halfway through, which also surprisingly made the main part of the song a bit more appealing when it repeated itself afterwards. 6.5/10.

Vocal track ahead (with an instrumental available for the interested):

Back
Top Bottom