• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

9/10 best track in the duology imo. Though out of the MegaTen games I've played, DDS has always had my favorite soundtracks within the franchise. Added bonus that it reminds me of the Metal Gear series OST's as well. (still hoping that one day this duology gets a Switch port, along with the Raiden Kuzunoha duology, really want to replay them with portability)

Another MegaTen track as well, since I've been doing another run of SMTV to get the chaos ending:

10/10
Holy shit this is actually really fucking good? Incredibly mysterious energy throughout, and able to feel both kinda subdued and energetic at the same time thanks to that little percussion track in the background. Absolutely love the bell, too.

It’s arguably a tad short for the kind of emotion that it’s apparently trying to invoke, but it’s overall a very interesting and pleasant track to listen to that does indeed invoke many emotions, especially with the title in mind. And although they’re both obviously not completely identical in style, it’s not too far removed from something you might hear in one of the movies. So, a solid 7/10.

@Lone_Garurumon
Did someone say Klonoa? Haha… that song above reminds me: the remakes are the perfect excuse for me to break out some of the series’ excellent pieces of OST here, which I often forget about. Here’s a particular favorite of mine, played on one of the earlier, more relaxing levels of the game:

(Never mind the raging waves in the thumbnail, haha. Full title is “Path to Goddess Claire”.)

Last edited:
Klonoa is one of those series in that I liked the games well enough (the Wii and two GBA games being my personal favorites), but I can never remember the music all that well. Anyway, this is a harmonious and beautiful track that has a very nice calming feel to it, 8/10.

(Reviewed above: “Battle! Vs. Moebius” from Xenoblade Chronicles 3, in case that link isn’t long for this world.)

In all honesty, I thought that the ominous chorus at the beginning was actually chanting a certain expletive, as if it were a chant to ward away Nintendo’s copyright enforcers. And yes, I say that completely unironically. In any case, it’s Xenoblade Chronicles battle music; what can you say? At this point, its mere presence is statement enough, and if you’re actually playing the game, the music is practically one with the act of battling itself. The composers have pretty much mastered the style at this point, one that represents a perfect example of two different expressions of art coming together to form a superior, awesome whole. A familiar whole at this point, but an awesome one indeed. 8/10.

(Posted below: “Whisper of Silence” from Tales of Destiny 2 (the actual one, not Tales of Eternia as those of us in North America got it). Please forgive the audio glitches, as this is the only version I could find.)

(Reviewed above: “Legend of the Divine Dragon A” from Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem)

That’s quite some lovely sampled violin there from the Super Famicom, I must say. It really makes the piece, even if this probably isn’t my favorite as far as “legend from long ago” themes go from a sheer compositional standpoint. But it’s a solid listen nonetheless, again thanks to the very good arrangement. 7/10.

(Or not, oops. Actually reviewed above: “The Weight of Life (Full Version)” from Xenoblade Chronicles 3)

A weighty-sounding song, indeed. The signature Xenoblade sound is once again in full force here, and once again it sounds lovely if familiar. The little things add up to make up a strong whole here: the flutes, the piano, those guitars… you know! I think that it’s almost impossible for these guys to create an objectively bad track at this point, really. So with that said, 8/10.

(Posted below: “Phenac City” from Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)

Last edited:
10/10 Oh, where to even begin with this one. :giggle: As one of my favorite pieces of music in two of my most dearly cherised and favorite Pokemon games ever (and Colosseum was my very first,) I love this track to pieces. Such a beautiful and melodious track that perfectly complements the lush, watery oasis in a desert that is Phenac City. Takes me right back to when I was 9 years old again. :bulbaLove:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom