• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

9/10 Even though it's not my favorite track in Legends: Arceus, it's still a good track and does a good job of conveying a vast, icy wilderness. (And to be fair, I like almost every music track in Arceus. I just like this one a little bit less than the others.)

(Reviewed above: “Tears Streaked (Ice)” from Fire Emblem Engage)

I have absolutely no idea what’s going on here, and the title doesn’t help, haha, being about as dramatic-sounding as the track itself. That said, as far as modern Fire Emblem fare goes, I’d consider this above-average, with its rather strange yet enchanting vocals mixing well with the series’ usual instrumental flair, all contributing to a rather dark tone overall. It didn’t blow me away — and I think I’m starting to realize that I probably prefer Super Famicom-era Fire Emblem music, or even the music from the “Kaga Saga” games, over the more modern stuff, great as the latter can often be — but nonetheless, 7/10.

Now for something much less dramatic than that, haha. Two versions of the song here, since I don’t think that I’ve done that for a while now:

(Posted below: “Graceful Time (Emi Tachibana’s Theme)” from Tokimeki Memorial 3 ~At the place of our promise~)

(Also posted below: “Graceful Time (Toki)” from Tokimeki Memorial 3: Moegino Piano Collection ~Tokimeki Memorial Sounds on Piano~)

As always, rate as little or as much as you’d like.

The only other side game, after Trozei, that I really wanted, but never got lol. Anyway, I give it a 7.5/10. It's got that feel that you're actually there in the stadium during a Pokemon battle, and not many tracks in the series (even mainline) gives off that feeling to me, except for SWSH. I would give it a full eight, but I think they could have added a bit more to the track, imo. But otherwise, I really like it.

(Reviewed above: “Death Wind” from F-ZERO (1992 Arrange Album))

I was somewhat at a loss of what to say about this for a while except that this really takes me back to the 90s with that sound there. I thought that this was a fan arrangement for a while — a really good one — except that it sounded a bit too professional and too genuinely 90s for that to be so; it didn’t take long for me to find the 1992 arrange album that it really belonged to. Anyway, this is clearly a very different version of “Death Wind” here with all of those instrument solos giving the track more of an actual “song” quality than the rather melodically muted original. It’s almost to the point where the two don’t sound like the same song, really. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, though! While this particular style of jazz arrangement isn’t something that I’d personally seek out, I can definitely say that I enjoyed the listen and how it, again, took me back in time a bit. 7/10.

(Posted below: “Desert Replay” from Sega Rally Championship)

Last edited:
8/10 sounds more like something you'd hear in a RPG, but it has that distinct Kirby flare with the trumpets and a few familiar level themes strewn within, not too bad!

FE finally having a desert map theme that I really like (and, finally, making desert maps actually fun and not limiting cavalry units):

(Reviewed above: “Battle! 1” from Dodgeball Academia)

That beginning there reminds me eerily of the Kanto wild Pokémon battle theme, haha. And I can even hear what almost seems to be chiptune sounds here and there… inspired! Meanwhile, the rest of the song is very energetic and quite fitting for a battle theme, yet at the same time it sometimes feels like it’s missing something… I don’t know. It’s kind of a light-sounding battle theme which I suppose is appropriate for the first one, and I’m sure it sounds quite fun in the middle of said battle! But it’s probably not the kind of song you’d want to listen to by itself, I think, unless you really like the kind of sound that’s there. Which I do, but not that much! If anything, it could probably do with some more of that chiptune… but in any case, 7/10.

8.5/10 It's a good melody, but without the context it sounds to me like it came from some platformer. Am I the only one?
If it’s just you and me, then I think it’s just you, haha. That said, this does actually vaguely remind me of “Forlock Twist” from Klonoa: Door to Phantomile but faster and with more flourishes (and significantly more strings), or even, to a lesser extent, “Deep Jungle” from the original Kingdom Hearts. And as such, I’m actually thinking more of a jungle theme than a desert theme here. It is a really good melody, though, which might remind me a bit of older platformers that really took music seriously, but perhaps not quite to the same extent that it does for you. It’s really interesting to hear a take like that, though!

(Posted below: “Recite” from Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku)

Back
Top Bottom