• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rayquaza/an Emerald sequel?

You realize I specified Mt. Chimney, right?

Except we saw Groudon rise out of Seafloor Cavern, so that obviously can't happen.

The "new location" refers to a new location for Kyogre. I'm suggesting they rewrite the story to include both of them, but given that Groudon is already at Seafloor Cavern in OR, Kyogre will be the one that needs a new location unless you think finding Kyogre in a volcano makes even more sense (at least Groudon was in a cave)

It would be redundant to have two areas and make one of them inaccessible.

Mt. Chimney is either too far away from where the game currently is or Team Magma would be dispatched too early in OR if we were to follow Emerald's plot too closely. AS would have absolutely no problem as Team Aqua takes the stage for a lot of the major plot points (maybe because the majority of the encounters in RS was leading up to the stealing of a submarine?). I'm all for Emerald's plot elements, but it fits more for AS than it does for OR--that's why they need to change the plot if they want both villains' goals established (which I've explained multiple times already why they should).

They could've simply written the storyline so that you go to Magma Hideout before going to Aqua Hideout, then Groudon and Team Magma could make their way to Sootopolis City while you're trying to stop Team Aqua in Aqua Hideout and Seafloor Cavern.

On a side note--at least change Groudon's area into an undersea volcano.

Also out the window because Groudon and Kyogre appear in the same spot.

Hm. It's almost certainly Seafloor Cavern. There's open sea in every direction, except for an island that is presumably Sootopolis City. Also, the cutscenes are completely identical in terms of location and camera angle. All that changes is the weather and the pokemon. That means we can say quite confidently in one version, Kyogre will burst out of Seafloor Cavern and in the other, Groudon will.

At the moment, there seems to be no change from Ruby and Sapphire's plot. Very uninspiring, but I guess it's what we should have expected.

Except we saw Groudon rise out of Seafloor Cavern, so that obviously can't happen.

It's getting tiring having to explain this to you over and over again. Please read more carefully before responding.

Perhaps in Groudon and Kyogre will be in Seafloor Cavern in their RESPECTIVE versions,but the other legendary would be in a different place (Mt. Chimney and a new location).

See the first part in bold? It's saying Groudon will be found in Seafloor Cavern in Omega Ruby, as evidenced by the video. See the second part underlined? It's saying that Groudon will be seen in Mt. Chimney in Alpha Sapphire and Kyogre obviously needing a new location (personally, I'd like it to be under that sunken ship near Dewford; it would be interesting if the accident were related to that)

It would be redundant to have two areas and make one of them inaccessible
So all those version exclusive places in BW were what? Is redundant the new buzzword around here?

Something is redundant if it serves no purpose. The purpose of creating these secondary locations is to maintain the flow of the plot given that Game Freak has chosen the final battle against your version's main team to be in Seafloor Cavern (which I explained below why it makes sense). And if they're both caves, they could literally have the exact same layout (minus aesthetic changes) even if their entrance is in different places.

They could've simply written the storyline so that you go to Magma Hideout before going to Aqua Hideout, then Groudon and Team Magma could make their way to Sootopolis City while you're trying to stop Team Aqua in Aqua Hideout and Seafloor Cavern.

Rewritten? You mean exactly what happened in Emerald?

Now if you mean the other way around in OR, where we beat Team Aqua first in Lilycove and then go all the way to Seafloor Cavern, you're still backtracking to get back to Mt. Chimney. That's why I said Emerald favors Team Aqua. You backtrack to beat Team Magma, but you progress through your badge quest to beat Team Aqua.

This is why its crucial for Groudon to be in Seafloor Cavern in OR--this way you are still moving the badge quest plot forward. That's why we need Kyogre to be in a different location in OR (whereas Groudon can stay in Mt. Chimney in AS), so that the progression of the story is maintained:

1) Go to Mt. Pyre and get the orbs only to learn the opposing organization has beaten you to it.

2) Backtrack to beat your non-main evil team. In AS, this would mean going back to Mt. Chimney. In OR, I would guess somewhere in the southern oceans of Hoenn given that's the only place with a large enough body of water. Perhaps the old sunken ship or expand the cave in Dewford.

3) Progress through your main badge quest as you defeat the main team

4) Final fight in Sootopolis.

The way this is set up allows for an optimal flow in the game, compared to keeping Groudon at Mt. Chimney in OR and having either Team Magma beaten way before Team Aqua (which makes no sense in a Ruby remake) or you'll have to backtrack so far to get to them considering you'd have already passed Seafloor Cavern if it was given exclusively to Kyogre.

Also out the window because Groudon and Kyogre appear in the same spot.

Ignoring the fact that we see them appear on the surface of the ocean and not what Seafloor Cavern looks like in these games...you mean to tell me its impossible for the exact same location to differ aesthetically based on what version you're playing?

I'm not saying this is what's going to happen--I do not give Game Freak enough credit for that. But it is disconcerning that I could think of a scenario that maintains Emerald's general story progression and yet people are not even stopping to think about it but instead throwing a fit over Groudon not being at Mt. Chimney, rather than entertaining the possibility that...hey, maybe having it at Seafloor Cavern serves OR's plot better and be open minded about the creation of a version exclusive location (that by all means, if its yet another cave, would have the exact same layout as Mt. Chimney's cave minus the lava theme)

Last edited:
However, we know from other game releases that both Aqua and Magma were seen as criminal organizations so I can still see a plot rewrite that involves the "good team" (the one allied with you) trying to wake their own legendary.
That would be an interesting twist indeed ... note that GSC/HGSS are the only games where you can catch both your version mascot AND the opposite-version legendary.

I just want to point out that EVEN IF only one of Kyogre/Groudon will appear in each game (i.e. the mascot legendary), it doesn't exclude the possibility of Rayquaza appearing anyway, especially considering the Legendary has a new form/mega evo. It could go like this:

1. The plot is mainly the same for each respective team, up to the point you have to battle the mascot.
2. When you battle the mascot, it's like when you battle Black/White Kyurem in B2/W2; it is un-catchable. (The excuse: the orb that the team leader uses gives him full control over the Pokemon, hence not allowing other people to catch it and control it. Or whatever.)
3. You battle the version mascot, and defeat it. However, another one of the team's admins (or something like that), appears with a mega stone/and item that changes said mascots form.
4. The mascot mega evolves/changes form and becomes more powerful. Steven (or someone) tells you it is now too powerful to defeat by yourself, so he tells you to go summon Rayquaza
5. Rayquaza appears AND BEATS THE CRAP out of Kyogre/Groudon.
6. And the evil team is defeated.... (Or some more stuff can happen as well....)

Well, Rayquaza's role is to break up Kyogre and Groudon when they fight, but then if they're version exclusive, it can't do that and still appear in the game.

Well, Rayquaza's role is to break up Kyogre and Groudon when they fight, but then if they're version exclusive, it can't do that and still appear in the game.
It is possable i mean in black/white N has the other legendary pokemon and you battle him using your box mascot in a way both zekrom and reshirham were in the games one just wasn't catchable. So here's another theory Unlike the original ruby and sapphire you're helping the team who has your box legend for example in AS you team up with team aqua instead of team magma They awaken groudon so Aqua sends you to get kyogre And you battle groudon using kyogre only ( feels like something GF would do infact they have done it with B/W) And After the battles done we enter a cutsence of them fighting and rayquaza appears on his own to end the battle.

edit: and we can assume their mega evos/new formes will play a role in some way shape or forme so something new will probably take place in the plot either way

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom