• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Rayquaza vs Giratina

Bladewing

The Slashing Skarmory
Reaction score
is there anywhere where Giratina COULD win? seriously. Rayquaza is my fave pokemon (despite my profile pic ad name) and OWNS ALL. EMERALD FTW!!!!!

revolvingscott

Reaction score
Rayquaza. Together, we raeped the Elite 4 in Emerald and Sapphire and I shall forever look back upon him with fond, fond memories because of that.
Also, design-wise, Rayquaza wins, sorry.

Enzap

radical
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
They're both really cool. I have to go with Rayquaza. I never really liked Giratina nearly as much for some reason. Maybe it's the color scheme. Rayquaza would probably win in a battle too.

Thebettercake

Ouch, my pelvis.
Reaction score
Rayquaza, hands down. It's design is spectacular. Giratina looks too jumbled up, like it was made in a rush...

Catzeye

Sky Battler!
Reaction score
you should have put a 'both' option.

Yea they should have. I really like both these. I especially love Giratina's typing. Ghost/Dragon? Oh yeah!!! Crazy screech at the beginning of Platinum? Bada**! Jumps at the screen? Awesomesauce

But in all honesty I have to give it to Rayquaza. Rayquaza was my first ever legendary and it's been really helpful in sweeping. They should have used him in the TA/TM arc finale thing in the anime.

I love both. But green snake-like dragon from Emerald wins it for me.

Drake.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE
Reaction score
I think Rayquaza would win in a fight, Giratina may be good at defense, but Rayquaza has just too much attack power.

I also like Rayquaza better. I never liked Giratina, and Rayquaza is one of my favorite Pokemon.

League

MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr!
Reaction score
Meh... Giratina. It's Origin Form Shadow Sneak is basically Extremespeed. It has 3 immunities.

^And none of the above has affected my decision. In reality, I've just thought about Giratina more.

EpicScizor

Nuzlocke Challenger
Reaction score
Which do you prefer?
I prefer Rayquaza because of his fantastic design.

Which is more useful?
I think that Rayquaza is more useful because of its sheer offensive power. It can easily beat down opponents with its powerful attacks.

Who would win in a battle?
I think that Rayquaza would win in a battle with its awesome offensive stats and moves.

Rayquaza > Giratina
Rayquaza > Giratina
Rayquaza > Giratina

Rayquaza wins hands down.

The Darkraidude

Custom Spriter & Animator
Reaction score
Honestly, while rayquaza might win in gmaes, in the anime, Girantina's control of antimatter, signiture move (Shadow Force) and Type combination, is much better!

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
I choose Giratina because of its cooler design and its ability to change forme.

Librarium

Negatively Awesome
Reaction score
Dammit! Its a really though choice! But well, I guess I pick giratina. I prefer defense than attack. That's why. Giratina is also more useful in battle because its form. And, because its defense, I'm positive that giratina will win in battle. And the type is dragon/GHOST! Ghost dude, ghost!! So yeah, vote goes to giratina