• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Rayquaza vs Giratina

Which do you prefer?
Rayquaza

Which is more useful?
Rayquaza

Who would win in a battle?
Rayquaza

Shit, I meant to say rayquasa. I picked Giratina on the poll. But, I go with Rayquasa. It';s original, cooler, and even though Giratina has a cooler backstory and stuff, I will say that I think Rayquasa is better.

Giratina is better to me. The typing of Dragon/Ghost is more interesting and it has another forme, while Rayquaza dosen't. ryquaza however is an awesome Pokemon with a nice ability, cancelling out Weather is quite useful in battle, but for me, I just prefer Giratina.

First of all, Platinum is NOT the best game ever made, imo, HG/SS is. Second, rayquaza and giratina is a really close battle. Extremespeed, one of ray's best attacks would be useless against gt, but then again, with rayquaza built more like an attacking pokemon, any of its moves would strike first given its speed adv. so if rayquaza were to use outrage, giratina would most likely be finished in 2 hits even given its amazing defense, trust me I just tried it out against a friend online. But for the record, shiny GT >>>> shiny ray.

Giratina all day every day. It's presentation was just so god damn badass. I mean, Rayquaza is cool and all that but he doesn't hit that sweet-spot with me.

He was just kind of "there" while Giratina just wrecks the main-antagonist of a whole series with one sweep, dragging him into it's domain, leaving a portal that, if unchecked, would swallow basically everything. Giratina, a Pokémon that was so brutal, that it had to be locked away in a different world... Yes, that's something I can roll with.

Def Rayquaza. I really love Giratina, but Rayquaza has a much cooler design in my opinion. Plus it's the original Dragon Legendary.

I prefer Giratina. Rayquaza is cool, but I prefer the design and colors of Giratina.

Definitely Giratina. Both designs are awesome, and it can fit the role of both an offensive and defensive Pokemon. For some reason, Rayquaza has never intimidated me like every other super legendary does. That could be because it kinda looks like a twig, and doesn't even have fully-formed teeth. Massive ice weakness certainly doesn't help.

Although I actually like Platinum more than Emerald (don't hurt me!), Rayquaza's been my favourite Pokemon ever since I can remember (excluding Absol).
So, yeah, Rayquaza>Every other Pokemon (including Giratina, but excluding Absol.)

I voted Rayquaza because I like it for some reason. Giratina is really cool too tho, it looks like a centipede 8D

As much as I agree that Emerald is the best Pokémon game to date, I have to go with Giratina. I like the Sinnoh Dragon Trio a whole lot on the fact they're largely unique Pokémon with astounding designs that control forces beyond anyone's comprehension. They also have a very intriguing relationship and backstory, which is the best made for every Legendary group as of yet in my opinion.

Though Dialga is my favorite of the three, Giratina comes very close. It's got an awesome and different design, has two Formes that change drastically in design and appearance, has an unique Type combination (One of the coolest and most unexpected, as well), and has a more interesting relationship with the other two. I loved all of its involvement in Platinum, too.

I like Rayquaza, don't get me wrong, but it's got a more generic design (Even if still awesome), a Type combination we've seen too much already, and is also one of two Ubers without a signature Move (Eruption and Water Spout aren't exactly signature for Groudon and Kyogre, but it always felt as if it belonged to them more than the other Pokémon that learn it, much like Meteor Mash for Metagross), which lets it down. It does have a much cooler Ability than Giratina's two Formes, but it still falls short.

Not sure who'd win a battle, but I think Rayquaza might be the most likely victor. Still, I gotta go with Giratina, as it's way more unique and interesting.
I know I'm late to the party, but I saw this and wanted to correct it- Rayquaza has Dragon Ascent. Plus, if Rayquaza could get an Outrage off, which it most likely could with it's high speed stat, Giratina would be as good as gone. You could also give Ray something like Weakness Policy to buff it even more, or something else to make sure it doesn't die straight-away. Overall, yes, I'd say Giratina has the better design, much as I hate to admit it(Go Rayquaza!), but Rayquaza would have a much better chance of defeating Giratina in a straight-up battle. Also, given Rayquaza's speed and power, it's better for going against most pokemon anyway. It's been on my Emerald team for a while, and absolutely destroys the Elite Four- Even the ice type leader, as I just give Ray a quick claw or weakness policy. This is just my opinion, don't think I'm discredition yours- I just wanted to point out that Ray learns Dragon Ascent, and it's turned into a rant- Sorry about that!

Rayquaza vs Giratina

rayquaza.png
VS
giratina.png
/
giratina_origin.png

Okay, this one's kinda obvious.

We have a Dialga/Palkia thread and a Kyogre/Groudon thread, but what about the third members of their trios?

What we have here are two Pokemon that aren't directly related to each other, but have enough in common so as to be compared. Both round off their Generation's "Über" legendary trio, both are third version mascots to their debut games, both have a base stat total of 680. Rayquaza is a fantastic offensive dragon whereas Giratina is a fantastic defensive one. Or conversely, it can go toe to toe with the big green Dragon in it's Origin forme.

Which do you prefer?

Which is more useful?

Who would win in a battle?

Giratina or Rayquaza...hmmm... this is a tough one for me. I'm tempted to choose Giratina because it was the mascot of one of the best Pokemon games to date, but design wise, I like Rayquaza more, so I guess I'll pick him.

Note that this matchup covers Giratina in both it's offensive and defensive formes.
Well let's use basic sense giratina is the king of the opposite realm and Rayquaza guards earth from meteorites now Rayquaza has mego evolution which is powerful and giratina has his primal form but who would win in a match? Giratina because giratina is 2 to 3 times bigger in his realm even with mega evolution giratina is known for his aggressiveness also those spike like arms he used to grab and pin down tho I love emerald and Rayquaza he won't stand any good against one of the creation trios especially one that rules an entire world

Back
Top Bottom