• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RBY-exclusive TM's in Sun/Moon

MissingNo. 1

Reaction score
For TM's that have long been extinct (until now, thanks to the VC), can they be utilized in Sun/Moon in a way that cannot be done otherwise? For example, Machamp with Fissure, which can only be done in Gen I. So if I were to teach a RBY Machamp Fissure and then transfer it to SM, could the Machamp be a means of passing down its move to other Pokemon that cannot learn Fissure otherwise? (Through a means independent of Egg Moves)

No. TM moves can only be inherited in the generations where they are actually TMs (or, failing that, are explicitly available as an egg move for the child).

Examples:
- Snorlax can learn Fissure through breeding.
Fissure (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

- Roost was not a TM in Gen V. This meant that to breed Hoothoot knowing Roost in Unova, both parents had to know the move (where in Gen IV only the father needed to know it, and in Gen VI+ only one parent needs to know it).

Last edited:
Everyone's talking about Fissure Machamp, but I'm more interested in Reflect's much wider distribution coming to us from Gen I. We now have Reflect Chansey, people.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom