• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

One of these days I'll get an electric and dragon dual type that's not a box legend.

No Mega Ampharos love? (Granted it has to Mega-Evolve to get the Dragon type, but still.)

The online battles can be a headache. Everyone uses the same goddamn team. I swear I see Gardevoir, Charizard, and Aegislash every time I battle online. Plus, the legendaries. Dear lord, the legendaries. Does everyone have to use Yveltal and Zygarde?

The online battles can be a headache. Everyone uses the same goddamn team. I swear I see Gardevoir, Charizard, and Aegislash every time I battle online. Plus, the legendaries. Dear lord, the legendaries. Does everyone have to use Yveltal and Zygarde?
Ugh, I agree so much. I'm pretty sure everyone I've fought so far has a Swords Dance/Shadow Sneak Aegislash that proceeds to wreck my entire team. I hate to get salty about it, but I've just turned off requests from acquaintances/passerbys.

As bad as it sounds, I'm glad that some people are complaining about this Gen. It seems that, among my group of friends at least, there has been nothing but love for this generation.

Mega Pokemon - It seems too much. In making the move to 3D, they wanted to make a lot of changes and introduce more elements but making change for change sake, isn't always a good idea. Conceptually, it's great for starter pokemon but I do hate that the only starters who mega, for now, are the starters from Kanto

Kanto - I think it was after we had Unova which for most of the game play of Black/White you didn't have ANY pokemon from other regions, so we got used to that. However it seems like over kill and I do really dislike that the Kanto starters are available so soon, but not anyone else? When I saw the Mega Blaziken, I was PRAYING for Mega Empoleon.

Design - I love all the new pokemon but why did we only get one new continuation pokemon? I love eeveelution as much as the next but please there was a WHOLE mess of pokemon that this gaymer wanted to see some baby versions of.

One of these days I'll get an electric and dragon dual type that's not a box legend.

No Mega Ampharos love? (Granted it has to Mega-Evolve to get the Dragon type, but still.)

OH right I completely forgot about that.

One that doesn't need to mega evolve and one that actually looks like a dragon then.

Also I just caught Articuno today and can someone explain to me what was the point of forcing us to chase after it TEN times before we could actually catch it.

New complaint, I haven't found there to be ANY good trainers after the main game! I went back to the elite four and the only new things were the dialogue of TWO trainers! Let's not forget there isn't much post game besides looker and the super training :l

-Kalos Pokedex
-Weak storyline
-Mega Evolutions feel gimmicky
-Relies to much on catching Mega Evo Pokemon for post-game
-Unnecessary new Pokemon
-Too much older pokes not enough Kalos pokes

New complaint!
-Fairy Type: it was introduced to balance the metagame but I dont feel like its balanced, almost every fairy type is a Wall with its only weak points being Poison and Steel, two types that no one really uses unless you have a gyro ball or a venoshock team.
-69 New pokemon: just lameee.. the only pokemon i've liked so far are aegislash and goodra.
-Easier Everything: I have a dilemma on this one, it was hard to make a fully Iv/Ev trained pokemon on past games, making them really rare and really good but now it seems everyone can have a Perfect team! GOOD! now i dont have to go trough a 1209384 hours training regimen, but hey! that guy OHKO'ed me with his UBER Mega Blaziken and he doesn't know a shit of what he's doing!!
Also it seems you get shinies out of cereal boxes, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
-Weak moves: WHAT?! my Fire blast now deals 110? why should I use a 110 power/85 accuracy move when I have a 90 power/100 accuracy Move?

that guy OHKO'ed me with his UBER Mega Blaziken and he doesn't know a shit of what he's doing!!

You remind me of the guys who made me decide to stop playing Yu-Gi-Oh!.

"Hey, that card's easy to get now! Now the poor trash will be using good decks!"

Seriously, EV training isn't some secret art reserved for some sort of superior life form.

The fact that the Looker sidequest was infinitely, INFINITELY (yes, it needs to be said twice) better than the actual storyline is a bit of a problem. I ended up wanting more of Looker and Emma. The only part that kept me truly invested in the Team Flare story was AZ and the war 3000 years ago.

That's not to say the Team Flare story is bad (personally, I like it more than the BW1 storyline,) it's just that it pales in comparison to Looker's sidequest.

Also, Audino's sprite is ugly as fuck.

I newest complaint is Mr. Mime in 3D. He's nightmare fuel I tell you!

Oh, not enough Team Flare Grunts, too much Team Flare plot. Honestly, I didn't care for the story, but I looked forward to fighting the grunts because so many were positive and silly. They didn't have a sense of foreboding, which hurt their team's credibility and any intimidation they could ever have, but at least they were funny.

They might have worked better as a B-Team, playing a weaker and less comedic team to a bigger and scarier team. The Team Rocket Trio to the Team Galactic/Magma/Aqua.

Can't dye my hair my actual IRL hair color (red).

Can't do Inverse Battles online.

While I don't really have much complaints, I have to admit sincerely being letdown by Team Flare. I haven't seen that general level of incompetence since original Rocket and their plot just felt all weirdly staggered, nevermind just how unstable Lysandre was half the time. He's good friends with lots of people, tells you what he's doing, lets you do it then is all "Nah man, I'm gonna do this now..." - it just felt very tacked on and weird. The scientists weren't even as cool as they LOOKED. Still waiting for GF to REALLY generate a seriously interesting villain/team one of these days. Closest they got for me was Plasma/Plasma 2.0 and that is still a fair ways off from what I'd like to see.

Glameow isn't obtainable in this game and there's something I want to point out.

Someone at Game Freak must really hate that Cat because in the last 11 game versions Glameow has only been available in two of them!

One of them only available through special means meaning Glameow has barely been catchable since Pearl!

Seriously I think it's gotten to a point where most legendaries are more easily available then this freaking cat!

1.Not enough new Pokemon, 69 isn't enough, last gen introduced most Pokemon. Why stop at just 69?

2.No Mega Evolutions for Kalos Pokemon. Seriously, why introduce the concept of Mega Evolution in Gen VI if no Gen VI Pokemon will use it?! That's like making Gen VI Pokemon use moves introduced before Gen VI while Gen I-V Pokemon get access to those moves.

3.Certain parts are in 3D instead of the whole game.

4.Blatant Favoritism on Mega Evolutions. Gardevoir gets one but not Gallade. Charizard gets two but Blastoise and Venusaur get one, it's almost as if they want you to not pick the other two. Blaziken is the only non-Kanto starter to get a Mega Evolution, not one for Sceptile and Swampert. Most of Mega Evolutions are Kanto Pokemon, no Gen V Pokemon got Mega Evolutions. Good job at the Mega Evolution choice -_- *sarcasm*

Other than that. These games are still great.

My biggest rant with Gen VI is that Game Freak flopped on the concept of Fairy type:
- Fairy resisting Bug doesn't really make too much sense.
- Game Freak excluded certain pokemon like Cresselia as Fairy types even though doing so would have made sense (Moonblast and Moonlight are Fairy-type moves).
- Game Freak retyped certain pinkish pokemon as fairies (Granbull, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff) while others that are actually more fairy-like are still Normal type (Audino, Blissey).
- Almost every Fairy-type pokemon introduced in Gen VI is a special wall--having high Special Attack and Special Defense, but low everything else. Others can be mixed (Xerneas, Slurpuff). The only physically oriented Fairies are from past gens (Azumarill (w/ Huge Power), Mawile, and to a lesser extent, Granbull).

Rants based on other topics:
- Game Freak introducing new moves that can potentially give a pokemon a third type, yet no three-type pokemon have been introduced.
- The lack of dual attacks. Flying Press is the only one thus far, and Hawlucha only has it. It would have been interesting if Scald was changed into a Water and Fire attack, while other moves like Freeze Shock became Electric and Ice.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom