• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

THe ball is one of the most superficial things in the game; purely cosmetic after a capture is complete. So as far as a hack check would go...why would you bother checking something so insignificant? Keep in mind that prior to Gen VI where we can breed down the balls, the ball was nothing more than a pretty graphic. The only time it'll flag a ball in the hack check is for a bred pokemon being in a non-standard one or a cherish ball on something which was never an event (also for Dream Ball pokemon that are not Dream World pokemon, but I doubt they even check that). Point being, it's really unnecessary to check something like that.
Or a Pokemon in a Dream Ball having other than the species's Hidden Ability (you can catch/breed down hidden abilities in any G5 ball, but the Dream Ball is not available outside Entree Forest).

I think the cheat detection also detects things such as pokeballs, though I'm not sure on this. Had a friend spam trade requests one day and when I accepted he offered a free Dialga. Figured I'd offer him a bred Dream Ball Vulpix, didn't really need Dialga nor use legendaries anyway, but I saw the message that one pokemon in the traders party could not be traded. This happened twice. I noticed the Dialga was caught in a Friend Ball so figured it was hacked, but if it's stats/moves/abilities were ok and it wasn't shiny could the system have recognized it being caught in a Friend Ball as being hacked?
Was it holding an Adamant Orb? I don't think you're allowed to trade the Orbs.

I just noticed that Pokeballs no longer have a release effect like they did in BW. They have unique capture graphics, but releasing them into battle uses a generic graphic. :(

I love how most Pokemon look in 3D, but...

Typhlosion, what have they done to you!? I get what they're trying to do with the fire effect only appearing when it attacks, but without it, it just looks silly.

Typhlosion, what have they done to you!? I get what they're trying to do with the fire effect only appearing when it attacks, but without it, it just looks silly.
The entire Cyndaquil line is like that, ever since Stadium in G2. That's what we get for having static Pokemon sprites four generations in a row....

The entire Cyndaquil line is like that, ever since Stadium in G2. That's what we get for having static Pokemon sprites four generations in a row....

I've never played any of those games, only the main series handheld games, so this was a bit of a surprise.

Cyndaquil and Quilava don't look so bad without the fire visible at all times, but Typhlosion... perhaps because it's much larger, it looks ridiculous. I was hoping it'd have a fire effect like Rapidash or Moltres, but alas, it is not to be.

After transferring the previous Legendaries to my X Version, I was particularly intrigued about what would be said about the DNA Splicers. Unfortunately, the punk girl who gives you them said absolutely nothing besides how the item works. I expected there would be at the very least some generic text of where or how she got them, considering that this item was the Mac Guffin of Black 2/White 2. It kinda makes the previous story pointless too. Now I had the theory there's more than one pair of DNA Splicers in the world, which would allow the three Dragons to fuse back together (Kyurem's two forms keep the same spikes it used to absorb the first dragon after the Splicers are used in the BW2 cutscene), and this kinda confirms it, but... yeah. Lack of backstory in this punk girl and why she even has DNA Splicers was really discouraging.

I mean come on, even the guy who gave you Genesect's Drives explained why, even if briefly. He even gave some trivia that Genesect was found in Glittering Cave, which is a place of fossils. The scientist who gives you the Reveal Glass also says a little bit about it and how this crystal also exists outside Unova. Not a lot but it's something. With the DNA Splicers, arguably the most unlikely item to have many, if any duplicates at all given the BW2 backstory, we got nothing at all. Good job keeping 'verse consistency, Game Freak. -__-

After transferring the previous Legendaries to my X Version, I was particularly intrigued about what would be said about the DNA Splicers. Unfortunately, the punk girl who gives you them said absolutely nothing besides how the item works. I expected there would be at the very least some generic text of where or how she got them, considering that this item was the Mac Guffin of Black 2/White 2. It kinda makes the previous story pointless too. Now I had the theory there's more than one pair of DNA Splicers in the world, which would allow the three Dragons to fuse back together (Kyurem's two forms keep the same spikes it used to absorb the first dragon after the Splicers are used in the BW2 cutscene), and this kinda confirms it, but... yeah. Lack of backstory in this punk girl and why she even has DNA Splicers was really discouraging.

"I used to work for Team Plasma"

One sentence would have sufficed.

Electric types cant be paralyzed....i love t wave :(

Knock off way too OP

Azumarril with aqua jet and belly drum

Very few new attacking moves have been introduced

Powering down of aegislash...um..um..i mean steel types

Fighting types are getting less usgae(my fav type)

Annoying mandibuzz.....and so much more

I am now disappoint in the extent of XY's Streetpass functionality. You get 1 Poke Mile and that's it? If I'm missing something please let me know.

How about this instead? Add a StreetPass box to the PC. It'd be the StreetPass version of Wonder Trading -- each player deposits a Pokemon (up to #) they're willing to trade, and every time they tag someone in StreetPass it trades Pokemon.

Now, obviously the problem is how to make sure that the Pokemon are successfully traded between systems and not just 'copied' from system A to B....

It's also just a little sad the number of Lv.32 male Steadfast Lucarios (Hasty with flawless Speed) that are out there. At the least, one of the two I'm trading back out their owner actually used (he's Lv.71 and ribboned for beating the Kalos Champion), but....

Electric types cant be paralyzed....i love t wave :(
I don't see a problem (disclaimer: favorite type bias).

Knock off way too OP
What? It's always been the item equivalent of Gastro Acid.

Last edited:
The fact that they still haven't patched it so we can NOT wear hats. My hair looks beautiful, why must I cover it!? Calem/Serena get to go without one!

Really, my only main issue is the lack of a decent Post-Game. I think only Gen 1's was worse, and that was almost 2 decades ago. Simply put, I was hoping for some post-game adventures rather than a 10 minute thing with Looker (albeit, I did enjoy it. But it was over too quickly), like how RSE had things like the Regi quest (which was far more complex than simply "find the end of the cave and catch a legendary"), FRLG had the Sevii Isles, HGSS had Kanto, DPPt had that large island in the north, etc

I am now disappoint in the extent of XY's Streetpass functionality. You get 1 Poke Mile and that's it? If I'm missing something please let me know.

It actually depends on their location. People whose 3DS' location is registered further away from you gives you more Poke Miles.

Knock off way too OP
What? It's always been the item equivalent of Gastro Acid.

Gastro Acid doesn't do damage, and Knock Off has been modified from 20 BP to 65 BP with an additional effect of doing 50% more damage if the opponent is holding an item....basically all of them guaranteeing a 97 BP move that removes held items.

The increase in base power is nice, but the extra effect may be a bit too much. Goodbye defensive Psychic types (i.e., Reuniclus and Cresselia), not only do you lose your item, but a good chunk of your HP. Thanks to Gen V move tutors, its distributed far too widely. If Move tutors return, Knock Off should be knocked off that list.

I mean come on, even the guy who gave you Genesect's Drives explained why, even if briefly. He even gave some trivia that Genesect was found in Glittering Cave, which is a place of fossils. The scientist who gives you the Reveal Glass also says a little bit about it and how this crystal also exists outside Unova. Not a lot but it's something. With the DNA Splicers, arguably the most unlikely item to have many, if any duplicates at all given the BW2 backstory, we got nothing at all. Good job keeping 'verse consistency, Game Freak. -__-
At this point I've just been ignoring any game mechanic that gives you these game and event relevant items (and moves) as game-play-and-story segregation. I doubt this is evidence to the theory of multiple DNA splicers since it'll happen every generation. Besides, I prefer the idea that the Original Dragon is something that will never be seen in its true form, but we'd get to see what it looks like in the form of Mega Kyurem.

Last edited:
Really, my only main issue is the lack of a decent Post-Game. I think only Gen 1's was worse, and that was almost 2 decades ago. Simply put, I was hoping for some post-game adventures rather than a 10 minute thing with Looker (albeit, I did enjoy it. But it was over too quickly), like how RSE had things like the Regi quest (which was far more complex than simply "find the end of the cave and catch a legendary"), FRLG had the Sevii Isles, HGSS had Kanto, DPPt had that large island in the north, etc

The Regi quest wasn't post game in RSE. RSE's post game is actually roughly on par with XY's, they didn't have any post game areas like the other games did.

I did find the lack of a transfer sysyem besides bank annoying. Having to pay to get pokemon from a game I paid money for and worked hard at to my new game makes me mad.

Lack of true challenge. The Ace Trainers were kinda good, why not make the E4 twice as hard?

I would like to say, I like the Kanto references. It's kinda showing the evolution of the series. Some of us that first played Red or Blue kind of appreciated not just ignoring the first games.

Farfetch'd still has some of the crappiest stats. Smogon didn't even try. Just look at his Red Blue strategy page.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom