• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

I would say it is the lack of post-game events. Even with the Locker, Battle Frontier and Legendarys the game seems kind empty. It will be way better after DLC/Events but it will take a while until the first one is released.

I can confirm that non the eeveelutions learn any new moves by level up. The level up moves are the same as BW2 as are the levels.
Are you certain? Flareon supposedly learns Flare Blitz unless this screenshot is fake.

Nope you're right. Flareon learns Flare Blitz now at lv45 instead of Fire Blast.

The games are amazing, the small amount of new pokes doesn't mock me in particular. I have almost no complains gamer-wise.

But as a software programmer, the Lumiose save crash hit me right in my feels. How the hell! It's arguably the worst development mistake since Gen I, or maybe the worst ever. The first Red and Green were plenty of glitches, but at least GameFreak was a group of rookie developers back then. And still, you had to make a series or non-intuitive steps to exploit a glitch and/or induce a crash. But now this happens just by saving game! Supposedly GameFreak has been in the business for at least seventeen years or more, how did they let it through?

I have an odd feeling it wasn't on purpose. As a QA tester,myself for at least one title, I know that, Bugs happen, big or small, even if you have all the money in the world to push into a game. Things can crop up that have never EVER been seen in playtesting, even if you test it into the ground, things can even appear soley on public releases, and it's really really weird. I also have a feeling it literally never cropped up for any of them, and I never heard of it happening in the demo (I think lumiose was in demo or something?), so out of the thousands that played that, not one had the issue.

So if they never witnessed or had the problem, period, despite extensive testing and retesting of the area, then I honestly think it's safe to say you can't fix something if you just don't know about it.

I've witnessed a bug in the game I played where, in the dev branch and ingame, an object appeared and was completely functional and nice, but when it went to the testing branch, the entire object was invisible and would launch you into the air if touched. We're talking about a whole garage,here.

Although, it does sound like a fix is coming, so there's that. If they were as terrible, lazy, bad, and incompetent as plenty of people made them out to be, they wouldn't even entertain the idea of issuing a patch to fix it.
On the topic of bugs, am i the only one here who cannot use their pokeradar in Y? I need to tell nintendo about it

I can confirm that non the eeveelutions learn any new moves by level up. The level up moves are the same as BW2 as are the levels.
Are you certain? Flareon supposedly learns Flare Blitz unless this screenshot is fake.

Nope you're right. Flareon learns Flare Blitz now at lv45 instead of Fire Blast.

IT'S ONE OF THE BEST NEWS I'VE EVER SEEN ABOUT GEN 6. And it's pretty ironical I discover this on a complaint thread

Little disappointed in the clothing options for the female character, and they won't allow you to buy the boy's clothes. Seems pretty sexist. Well at least I can customize my character to not be so girly like the other playable females in previous gens. But other than that, I'm enjoying this game so far.

Little disappointed in the clothing options for the female character, and they won't allow you to buy the boy's clothes. Seems pretty sexist. Well at least I can customize my character to not be so girly like the other playable females in previous gens. But other than that, I'm enjoying this game so far.

If GF decided to keep this feature in future installments, I hope they consider adding the previous PC's attire. Hilda (and maybe Rosa) broke that unbearable tend.

Last edited:

Little disappointed in the clothing options for the female character, and they won't allow you to buy the boy's clothes. Seems pretty sexist.

Don't bother with such a complaint, Japanese developers care little for the whole 'sexism' thing the west is so crazy about right now. Also, you COULD have just played as male character (like how I have played as a female character since Crystal).

It's actually likely that way because character models haven't been set up to be able to wear those clothes, with the Lumiose shop having both male and female oriented floors to keep up an aesthetic (in other words, they couldn't be arsed to make two different versions of that shop for male and female players, so they just shoved the male section on an upper floor).

Re: The Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

but everyone and every country knows pokemon (like super mario)
can you give a game company from the America a chance to make their own Pokemon game for once
....? yeah, everyone in the world knows Pokemon.

But Pokemon is still made in Japan by a Japanese game company, and therefore, a Japanese game. You can't deny that fact.

And you don't 'give a chance' for other gaming companies to make something popular. Other game companies have to try harder to create something that would be more popular than Pokemon, if that's what they're aiming for. GameFreak are simply better at making a game that appeals to more people than any other game - and that's all there is.

Although, it does sound like a fix is coming, so there's that.

I heard it's coming out the same time as BW023 and BW024 which they promised us. Which by a complete fluke happens to coincide with the grand reveal of what's in the GS Ball they promised us back in Gen 2. Nintendo/Game Freak whatever name you want to use for them don't keep their promises, they really don't care about the fanbase as they know we will buy regardless.

Nintendo are lazy, they've made a shoddy game as they've rushed it out to try and boost their falling profits, they've got your money now they don't care about your save files, just like they didn't care about your Pokes in Gen 2-3 or about your items that you collect and can't transfer between gens, or about features they know are popular and don't retain, VS Seeker, Pokemon Following you, Challenge Mode. If anything they hope the bug gets you so that you might buy a new game and line their pockets further, oh and don't forget to pay your Pokemon Bank subscription in January as well. Mr Masuda's pension plan needs a bit of an uplift after the Financial crisis and the disaster that are some of their recent spin offs.

If GF decided to keep this feature in future installments, I hope they will consider adding the previous PC's attire. Hilda (and maybe Rosa) broke that unbearable tend.

I can't make the girl look like a guy is a really strange criticism, if you wanted your character to dress like a guy, you could have chosen the guy. Guess you want the guy to be able to buy and wear skirts and stuff as well?

Well, I'm more of a tomboy. There's skinny jeans at least, but most of the tops are just too girly for me. I just want to be able to wear a plain T-shirt or a hoodie, and there's doesn't seem to be an option for that, though I still haven't seen all of the boutiques.

Nintendo updated Mario And Luigi: Dream Team Bros, fixing several game-breaking bugs. You can take your slander elsewhere Genwunner, it's not even criticism. Just slander.

If GF decided to keep this feature in future installments, I hope they will consider adding the previous PC's attire. Hilda (and maybe Rosa) broke that unbearable tend.

I can't make the girl look like a guy is a really strange criticism, if you wanted your character to dress like a guy, you could have chosen the guy. Guess you want the guy to be able to buy and wear skirts and stuff as well?

Naw more like I want some of the guy tops, or ones similar, the one's for the girls are just a little too girly for my taste.
I know I could've chosen the guy, but I thought there would be more options for the girl player too. It's not a huge deal, just kind of a disappointment. Doesn't affect gameplay or anything.

How is it X and Y on has 7 boxes in the PC. I realize GF wants people to use the Poke Bank, but this is ridiculous. I've already filled up 5 boxes, and unless my Pokedex is lying to me, I'm not even close to catching them all.

How is it X and Y on has 7 boxes in the PC. I realize GF wants people to use the Poke Bank, but this is ridiculous. I've already filled up 5 boxes, and unless my Pokedex is lying to me, I'm not even close to catching them all.
If all 7 of those boxes have at least one Pokemon, more boxes will appear. It's the same as it was in BW.

You get more later on. I think you have to fill them first. Try putting one in each box.

Edit: Just did it, I got 7 more boxes so I have 14 now.

I don't know why you keep insisting that "Nintendo falling profits" are involved with flaws (real or perceived) in the latest Pokemon games. Nintendo is merely a partner, the one who provides the dev. tools and system. GF is the software producer/franchise owner.

And there is a big difference between removing/adding features, and fixing a potential game-breaking bug. One is merely preference and the other is potentially harmful to the franchise, or at least the newest game. And still bitching about lack of access to the GS ball? Those games were remade almost five years ago. I think it's time to stop beating that particular dead horse, even the bones are dust by now.

I'm also disappointed in the lack of Pokemon this generation, but I feel that Game Freak could possibly release more Pokemon in an update. It feels wrong not having event legendaries, but since we can't hack X and Y yet it's possible there are event legendaries we don't know about. (And maybe even more mega-evolutions; blazikenite is event only so who's to say that other stones aren't event only.)

I'm seven badges into the game, and the Lumiose Station hasn't served a purpose yet. Unless it has a plot related function later, that HAS to be for events and event legendaries.

If all 7 of those boxes have at least one Pokemon, more boxes will appear. It's the same as it was in BW.

You get more later on. I think you have to fill them first. Try putting one in each box.

Edit: Just did it, I got 7 more boxes so I have 14 now.

Thank you both for that tidbit of information. I would have been so very sad if I had to start releasing random pokemon to make room.

Currently six badges in the game and this is my thoughts thus far:

- Having the customization for the Trainer Videos stay on your character. I want to keep my freckles damnit!
- Having Charizard as the only Kanto starter to get two mega evolutions. I chose Charmander sure since I always pick fire starters, but I think it's just a slap in the face for the fans that did pick Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
- Not being able to turn off the roller skates. I like to use my Circle Pad to walk around because DIAGONAL OMG. Even though I do like the roller skates for a faster mode of transport, I think it'd be nice to be able to turn them off in the Options menu.
- More bike colours!

I'm not upset at GF making less than 70 Pokemon for this gen since they had to create brand new 3D sprites for 600+ Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom