• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Team Flare's plotline was a huge disappointment to me. The "shocking" reveal of the boss came way too late for him to develop well as a villain, Flare's operations were too infrequent and compressed for them to be engaging or interesting, and overall they were incredibly weak villains compared to Plasma of last gen. I hope Z or Gen VII can do better, but as it is Team Flare is probably the least interesting team we've had yet. Yes, even less interesting than Gen II Rocket.

OK this is one of my only and by far my biggest complaint: I can NOT DO the super training regimens. I have tried switching hands to do them, and that does help slightly, but for some Pokemon who require you to get like 4000+ points to complete the training...NO. Cant do it. This in itself would not be the biggest issue, but being unable to complete these apparently is making me unable to get the evolution items that I need & that's really ticking me off.
In fact, I'm pissed. Cuz now what the hell am I supposed to do? Be at the mercy of trading? I've got friends who play & I am in groups, but you can only ask but so much of people.

Les Miserables is my all time favorite anything and I would like to bequeath thee 5000 coolness points for your quote & picture. To keep this on topic, I just want to add that although this did not bother me, it was kind of bizarre that the bad guys in X & Y seemed to kind of just .... ?? disappear for eons. Maybe I just was not focusing on them? I dunno but I didn't notice anyone for ever.

Other complaint, as I said is the exceptional difficulty of super training regimens, BUT... MY ALL TIME BIGGEST #1 complaint of any & all Pokemon games IS.... why the hell cant they do anything about the freakin crimes against humanity that are constantly being committed on the GTS? Why? Why. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

I noticed in Super Training that you can press Up/Down on the D-Pad to adjust the distance between your Pokemon and the Balloon Bot. Maybe that's part of the reason they didn't make a left-handed option?

BUT... MY ALL TIME BIGGEST #1 complaint of any & all Pokemon games IS.... why the hell cant they do anything about the freakin crimes against humanity that are constantly being committed on the GTS? Why? Why. Why?

It's at least 100x easier to filter out the junk this time around: 1 - hit your search options and disable people asking for "special Pokemon", this filters out trades demanding the XYZ legendaries in return. 2 - when the search results pop up hit the magnifying glass and filter it to "Pokemon I own", this literally means "Pokemon in my PC" (and thus doable trades).

What I notice about the GTS is that the junk trades aren't so much junk to begin with as they are "junk over time" - as more people keep depositing trades with unreasonable conditions on the GTS and those trades go unanswered (while the more reasonable trades getting completed and thus disappearing quickly), the junk trades pile up and start to dominate search results.

And GF won't necessarily delete junk trades from the server, because there's no way to tell for sure if the submitter actually wants that Pokemon back. Preventing them from happening in the first place (which doesn't solve the pre-existing clutter, btw) is . . . tricky. For example, I traded off one of my Pyroar (Lv.35) just for a Lv.1 female Vulpix. Why? Because I wasn't using him anyway and I wanted to know if that Vulpix had Drought (it did).

A problem I find is that the highest level pokemon you can find post game belonging to a trainer, is your rival's level 70 starter (please correct me if I'm wrong).

And while it's nice how high the champion's highest level pokemon is for the first time you beat her, I find it annoying how the E4 doesn't get a level boost after you've beaten them.

A problem I find is that the highest level pokemon you can find post game belonging to a trainer, is your rival's level 70 starter (please correct me if I'm wrong).

And while it's nice how high the champion's highest level pokemon is for the first time you beat her, I find it annoying how the E4 doesn't get a level boost after you've beaten them.

With a Black Writ of Challenge at the Battle Chateau, Diantha's Pokemon will be at Lv80. Though, I do agree; I wish Post E4 levels did get an increase.

With a Black Writ of Challenge at the Battle Chateau, Diantha's Pokemon will be at Lv80. Though, I do agree; I wish Post E4 levels did get an increase.

Does she still only use four Pokemon?

And don't Writs cost money?

Yes and Yes~

Like many, I'm not a fan of Mega Evolutions. They seem out of place and replace what I think would be interesting real evolutions.

My biggest irk so far, though, is the lack of evolutionary stones. One Shiny Stone? That's it? So I'm forced to wait until December to bring over my Togekiss from B2, or waste it on Floette>Florges for the Pokedex entry. Uuuuugh. I know I can buy Water/Fire/Leaf Stones, but what about the others?!

Also, this is minor, but I hate how the crack on Golurk's chest is just a flat color instead of an actual 'crack' in the 3D model. Drives me bonkers.

Like many, I'm not a fan of Mega Evolutions. They seem out of place and replace what I think would be interesting real evolutions.

My biggest irk so far, though, is the lack of evolutionary stones. One Shiny Stone? That's it? So I'm forced to wait until December to bring over my Togekiss from B2, or waste it on Floette>Florges for the Pokedex entry. Uuuuugh. I know I can buy Water/Fire/Leaf Stones, but what about the others?!

Also, this is minor, but I hate how the crack on Golurk's chest is just a flat color instead of an actual 'crack' in the 3D model. Drives me bonkers.

You can get Thunder, Shiny, Dusk, Dawn, Sun and Moon Stones if you do really well or are just lucky in the Super Secret Training for max-EV pokemon. However as I said, you need to be lucky =_=
However! All is not lost, Sun and Moonstones can be farmed off Solrock and Lunatone in Glittering Cave.

You can make that money back within the day easily....though if I were wasting money it would be on a Gold Writ.

You can get Thunder, Shiny, Dusk, Dawn, Sun and Moon Stones if you do really well or are just lucky in the Super Secret Training for max-EV pokemon. However as I said, you need to be lucky =_=
However! All is not lost, Sun and Moonstones can be farmed off Solrock and Lunatone in Glittering Cave.
Oh, wicked. Luck is rarely on my side when it comes to that, only took 13 years to find my first Shiny (through a wild encounter, not red Gyarados and the others that are available).

Well, a real disappointment would likely be that X and Y's pacing really killed the game's ability to keep me pulled in. I play occasionally to catch some more Pokemon, or EV train, but honestly I've moved onto newer games now (Bravely Default is a whole lot of fun).

My only complaint would be that some sprites like Scyther and Xatu are stuck flying all the time just so they can partake in Sky Battles. Because I remember that back in Stadium on the N64 the Pokémon that stood on the ground but could learn Fly like Charizard and Dodrio had two separate models. One that stood on the ground and then another that it would switch to when using Fly. I would have thought that would have been possible on the 3DS as well but anyway, it's definitely a completely minor thing but it still bothers me. Xatu looks especially awkward :/

The laziest model I've come across until now would be Sawsbuck. It just stands there and does nothing, even when attacking. Weird.

My only complaint would be that some sprites like Scyther and Xatu are stuck flying all the time just so they can partake in Sky Battles. Because I remember that back in Stadium on the N64 the Pokémon that stood on the ground but could learn Fly like Charizard and Dodrio had two separate models. One that stood on the ground and then another that it would switch to when using Fly. I would have thought that would have been possible on the 3DS as well but anyway, it's definitely a completely minor thing but it still bothers me. Xatu looks especially awkward :/
Yeah, a lot of attack animations don't match up at this point ("Charizard used Wing Attack!" *swings tail forward* wait wut?), and Sky Battles are determined more by whether the Pokemon has a hovering animation or a standing one (Fletching/Pidgey/Hawlucha/Gengar can't participate in Sky Battles either) than whether they are literally Flying type or Levitating. (Now I really wish I knew if Dustox/Beedrill are eligible for Sky Battles. Non Flying type but they have hovering animations....)

Yeah, a lot of attack animations don't match up at this point ("Charizard used Wing Attack!" *swings tail forward* wait wut?)

Another one is Floatzel. When it uses Aqua Jet it actually turns around and spins its tail and then flies towards your Pokemon, when I'd think that would actually make it fly in the opposite direction.

Yes, all my complaints about XY are minor nitpicks like these because the games are amazing.

How about Lucario and that Aura Sphere? A forward arm thrust and firing off a shot just doesn't look the same as rearing back and throwing out a two-handed Hadouken gesture. And it doesn't exactly match up with its depiction in ANY other Pokemon media (anime, manga, SSBB...).

A one-armed Aura Sphere is the issue? I don't find that particularly hard to believe, especially with well-trained Lucario.

Lucario sticking one arm out and not moving it to perform a Close Combat is much more ridiculous than seeing a Lucario fire a one-armed Aura Sphere.

Now that Ive finished the game, I feel this is the right time to share my problems with it, which were very few.

1. I know they only just included Character Customization and I am greatful for this, it is a very fun feature, but limited. Im disappointed mostly in the lack of hairstyles and colors. I also hate how they force you to wear a hat, I see really no reason for that at all, oh and they give you sunglasses but you can't wear them on your eyes, which really makes no sense to me. I hope this is improved in the next game with more options in general and fixing those two issues I just mentioned.

2. The Mega Evolution thing, while a nice idea, is boring to me, I dont like how the whole plot was about that and I felt absolutely no need to use any Mega Evolution in the main story. I do think some of them are great though, such as Mawile.

3. I dont really like so few Kalos Pokemon and the fact that Sylveon is the only Eeveelution, the latter is a personal nitpick though.

4. I dont like how the Fairy type was handled, I do like the concept though, so they make a type to counter Dragons, then include many Dragon types including the region's Pseudo Legendary and Mega Evolutions of Dragon types that really didnt need them(Garchomp) and from what I understand there are few very viable Fairy types to take them down. I dont understand Game Freak's logic. I also didnt like that they didnt retype some Pokemon that I feel could've used the retype.

5. I hate how they gave Ice type pretty much nothing at all to improve, and they seem to think the type chart doesnt need any more balancing >_>

Thats all for now really, I might have more thoughts to add later, but those are my main complaints.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom