• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

I've almost never had a bad connection personally, but I do agree that it's odd to just dump the connection if you suspend the software (closing the 3DS lid also does this) rather than, say, trying to silently reconnect or something.

I wish I could get Team Flare's clothes. XD

Last edited:

Replying to my post from a couple of weeks ago - I had not tried since then because it really was ticking me off. Finally went back to it & used a Pokemon that apparently had faster speed or strength and went through the ball chucking with little to no effort at all. I guess I had been picking the wrong Pokemon all the other times. Its just that my best ones don't really need to be trained, but the ones that could use it can NOT do that balloon bot stuff!

Replying to my post from a couple of weeks ago - I had not tried since then because it really was ticking me off. Finally went back to it & used a Pokemon that apparently had faster speed or strength and went through the ball chucking with little to no effort at all. I guess I had been picking the wrong Pokemon all the other times. Its just that my best ones don't really need to be trained, but the ones that could use it can NOT do that balloon bot stuff!
Seeing how you don't understand the idea of "different balls", I'll explain,

Blue: single

Green: small, fast, single shot

Orange: multishot

Black: big, one shot

I got two complaints:

1 - Why the hell do Team Flare Admins carry only 1-2 pokemon? All the Admins from the other teams have 3-4 pokemon.

2 - Sky Battles are incredibly stupid and are also incredibly annoying when you have only one elligble pokemon for Sky Battles and it has to fight around 3 pokemon alone.

Last edited:

Practically nothing to do post-game. In Generation III, we had both contests and the Battle Frontier. Same for Gen IV. In BW/B2W2, we had the Musical and movies to make. In XY, all I can do now is train and buy clothes. Now there's nothing for me to do. Besides fill the Dex (I've seen 590 and caught 530-something).

Practically nothing to do post-game. In Generation III, we had both contests and the Battle Frontier. Same for Gen IV. In BW/B2W2, we had the Musical and movies to make. In XY, all I can do now is train and buy clothes. Now there's nothing for me to do. Besides fill the Dex (I've seen 590 and caught 530-something).

There is the Battle Maison. And all that stuff with Looker. Doesn't that count for anything?

Now there's nothing for me to do. Besides fill the Dex (I've seen 590 and caught 530-something).
- Catch Mewtwo and Zygarde.
- Battle Maison in Kiloude City
- Fight your rival in Kiloude City and get a Mega Stone
- Then talk to Professor Sycamore in Anistar and start a big ol' scavenger hunt for the other Mega Stones hidden throughout all of Kalos
- Then wander around in Lumiose until someone pages you on the Holo Caster

This is obviously a lot more than the original Red/Blue. Heck, it's still more than RSE.

Seeing how you don't understand the idea of "different balls", I'll explain...
Your colors are off. It's:

- Black: Average single shot
- Blue: Small and fast, but low power
- Green: Large and slow, but high power
- Orange: Charges energy fast (I think)
- Yellow: Low power but multishot

I'll have to verify this with some bred Lv.1 Pokemon sometime, but (at the risk of double entendres) it really doesn't matter what color your Pokemon's balls are, you just have to focus on training them. If a Lv.3 regimen is too tough for a given Pokemon, try a Lv.2 regimen, use extra bags that boost your power in regimens, or just have a stronger Pokemon challenge it and let the weaker one beat up the free training bag you get as a prize.

Last edited:

- Then talk to Professor Sycamore in Anistar and start a big ol' scavenger hunt for the other Mega Stones hidden throughout all of Kalos

This is obviously a lot more than the original Red/Blue. Heck, it's still more than RSE.
People keep forgetting that the games with the good postgames are the remakes, third versions and in case of Gen 5 B/W 2 but X and Y actualy have a decent post game when compared to other paired versions.

Last edited:

Stratelier:

I know about that stuff, I finished most of it in a couple hours... :( Now all I can do is get the Dex as complete as possible, try to get more shinies, and try the Battle Maison (which isn't very extensive as the Battle Frontiers, sadly). There's seriously almost nothing else to do now, after the (rather short) Looker missions, getting Max Style, catching everything, etc. Emerald had me playing for hours after in the Battle Frontier, as well as catching several other legendaries. I just feel like X/Y are really empty (sorry if it comes off wrong).

Seeing how you don't understand the idea of "different balls", I'll explain...
Your colors are off. It's:

- Black: Average single shot
- Blue: Small and fast, but low power
- Green: Large and slow, but high power
- Orange: Charges energy fast (I think)
- Yellow: Low power but multishot

I'll have to verify this with some bred Lv.1 Pokemon sometime, but (at the risk of double entendres) it really doesn't matter what color your Pokemon's balls are, you just have to focus on training them. If a Lv.3 regimen is too tough for a given Pokemon, try a Lv.2 regimen, use extra bags that boost your power in regimens, or just have a stronger Pokemon challenge it and let the weaker one beat up the free training bag you get as a prize.

COuld've sworn yellow was multishot.

Although I don't think this completely excuses the meager post-game, I try to remember that XY was a massive undertaking with both the transfer to 3D and the world-wide release, so I'm inclined to judge it a little less harshly. However, like Norzan said, third versions/sequels tend to improve on the post-game, so I think we won't be disappointed when Z or X2/Y2 comes comes around.

However, like Norzan said, third versions/sequels tend to improve on the post-game, so I think we won't be disappointed when Z or X2/Y2 comes comes around.
In which light Gold/Silver were the only games to be both a direct sequel and a debut of a new generation. They Kanto region had 8 extra badges and the bonus challenge with Red, but was lacking after that (and HGSS itself improved it with the readdition of Viridian Forest, Seafoam Islands, Mewtwo's cave and the legendary Kanto birds, plus all new areas like the Johto Safari Zone).

However, like Norzan said, third versions/sequels tend to improve on the post-game, so I think we won't be disappointed when Z or X2/Y2 comes comes around.
In which light Gold/Silver were the only games to be both a direct sequel and a debut of a new generation. They Kanto region had 8 extra badges and the bonus challenge with Red, but was lacking after that (and HGSS itself improved it with the readdition of Viridian Forest, Seafoam Islands, Mewtwo's cave and the legendary Kanto birds, plus all new areas like the Johto Safari Zone).

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was talking about, especially since the Johto games have (including Kanto) arguably the best post-game of the series. Generally, as most fans have probably noticed, the improved post-game is one of the selling points of the third versions/sequels. Gold/Silver were kind of odd in this regards as they were, like you said, connected to Kanto as they were made before the series started branching off of the originals to increase its longevity. I think XY were quite overwhelming to make what due to reasons I stated in my original post, so there wasn't as much time to spend on post-game as, say, BW2 (familiar console and mostly the same region, meaning Game Freak was able to focus more on improving other aspects of the game).

While the improved story and post-game in the third versions has been the selling points, why must it always be like that? Why must the paired versions always be improved in the form of another game, or rather, improved at all? Why can't the paired versions be left alone for once so whatever next game we get is just another game? Not an improved or expanded version of XY, but its very own game (that may or may not be connected to Kalos).

I'm just trying to question this approach, mostly cause I'd like to see something else.

Last edited:

I think the reason they're making mega evolution is that they're running out of ideas of making legendary Pokemon
and that's really really a big shame on Game Freak
I mean, I can think of 100 ideas of creating a legendary Pokemon already

I think the reason they're making mega evolution is that they're running out of ideas of making legendary Pokemon
and that's really really a big shame on Game Freak
I mean, I can think of 100 ideas of creating a legendary Pokemon already
Don't you think that Mega Evolutions are more comparable to cross-generational evolutions than to legendaries? I really don't see why we need more than six legendaries per generation, but I find it quite a shame that Sylveon is the only cross-generational evolution. Mega Evolution is a way to re-ignite interest in complete evolution lines, but I think that altering base stats and/or abilities (which they did to a very small extent) would have sufficed.

I have two things that have really been bugging me about the game:

First: game-exclusive Mega Stones. I'm not talking Charizardite X/Y, because you can still get Mega Charizard in either game. What bugs me is that I'm stuck without access to a lot of Megas altogether.

Second: Mega evos not being available in Amie. I'd love to pet Mewtwo Y or play with Charizard X, and since Mega evolution is about "bonds" I feel like allowing 'mons to access a Mega forme in Amie would make sense.
(Which also brings up other forme changes: will I not be able to play with Sunny Cherrim once I can transfer?)

Like they're really minor things and don't affect my gameplay, but it's still annoying.

Hmm, I loved X but a few complaints.

1) There really isn't much to do after the Elite Four. Gold I think will be my favourite because there was just so much to do on it.
2) As much as I hate to sound annoying, Wonder Trade at times! Don't get me wrong, I've got some really awesome Pokemon from it. And it's not really the makers' fault, but can people please stop putting up level 1 and 2 Fletchings expecting decent Pokemon in return? I honestly think they should do a reputation type of system to stop people from just abusing it for their own sake.
3) Be nice to catch all the three legendaries like in the old games.
4) Be great if they set up a messaging system so you can message acquaintances or passerbys. I have no idea what Pokemon you want, random! Guess there's the whole parental debate though...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom