• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

- some moves' animations like Sacred Fire are INCREDIBLY underwhelming.

Not to mention Aeroblast and Roar of Time, which they never seem to get right. Aeroblast still looks too weak, and Roar of Time is a glowing ball..? They changed Judgment's animation to resemble its movie incarnation more, so why not do the same for these? Dialga's Roar of Time in the movies felt like it was packed with so much power and Lugia's Aeroblast was this destructive laser beam of doom. I just think these moves have the potential to be so awesome, but oh well.

I think XY's legendary movie animations where rather underwhelming in general, though there were some cool ones, like Magma Storm, Seed Flare and Blue Flare.

2) The lack of some sort of text-based communication in trade rooms. It's pretty hard to determine what the heck most passerby want in a trade; with the exception of some Vivillon trades. Preset text options would be nice.

Oh good God, this, please. So many people have asked to trade with me over the PSS, and I have no idea what they want. They keep offering me Event Pokémon in Cherish Balls and Legendaries and stuff, but I have nothing I'd be willing to trade for (since I already have all the Event Legendaries, and all the Legendaries, as well as a bunch of spares on Bank). I show them a Vivillon to try and get across that I'm trying to collect their forms; they don't seem interested and keep showing more Legendaries and stuff. I need a button for "It looks like you don't have anything I'm interested in" and "I want to trade for [Pokemon name]. Do you have one?"

2) The lack of some sort of text-based communication in trade rooms. It's pretty hard to determine what the heck most passerby want in a trade; with the exception of some Vivillon trades. Preset text options would be nice.

Oh good God, this, please. So many people have asked to trade with me over the PSS, and I have no idea what they want. They keep offering me Event Pokémon in Cherish Balls and Legendaries and stuff, but I have nothing I'd be willing to trade for (since I already have all the Event Legendaries, and all the Legendaries, as well as a bunch of spares on Bank). I show them a Vivillon to try and get across that I'm trying to collect their forms; they don't seem interested and keep showing more Legendaries and stuff. I need a button for "It looks like you don't have anything I'm interested in" and "I want to trade for [Pokemon name]. Do you have one?"

I thought the smiley faces were useless in Gen5, but I really miss them A LOT. At least with the smiley faces we could determine if they want the pokemon (Happy face/Heart) or don't want the pokemon (Frown face). Why Gen6 doesn't even have smileys for trade language is beyond me...

I thought the smiley faces were useless in Gen5, but I really miss them A LOT. At least with the smiley faces we could determine if they want the pokemon (Happy face/Heart) or don't want the pokemon (Frown face). Why Gen6 doesn't even have smileys for trade language is beyond me...

If you're trading with an English speaker, use some Scatterbug with nicknames like "I NEED:", "GOT SHINY?" and "YES" and "NO THNX!"

They should prohibit you from trading Pokemon in your active party. Boxed PC Pokemon only.

Because in G5 they updated the trading interface to trade Pokemon directly from PC boxes (save the Battle Box) or the active party, but in G6 since you can trade from literally anywhere, we have a new Box Trick: Trade a party member to a secondary game and back again -- free healing even in areas where you aren't supposed to!

They should prohibit you from trading Pokemon in your active party. Boxed PC Pokemon only.

Because in G5 they updated the trading interface to trade Pokemon directly from PC boxes (save the Battle Box) or the active party, but in G6 since you can trade from literally anywhere, we have a new Box Trick: Trade a party member to a secondary game and back again -- free healing even in areas where you aren't supposed to!

I realized there were some cases where simply trading/GTSing/battling online will heal you completely instantly. I dunno if it's supposed to be a good thing or not, but it kinda takes out the fun of adventure.

- some moves' animations like Sacred Fire are INCREDIBLY underwhelming.

Not to mention Aeroblast and Roar of Time, which they never seem to get right. Aeroblast still looks too weak, and Roar of Time is a glowing ball..? They changed Judgment's animation to resemble its movie incarnation more, so why not do the same for these? Dialga's Roar of Time in the movies felt like it was packed with so much power and Lugia's Aeroblast was this destructive laser beam of doom. I just think these moves have the potential to be so awesome, but oh well.

I think XY's legendary movie animations where rather underwhelming in general, though there were some cool ones, like Magma Storm, Seed Flare and Blue Flare.

The anime takes information and looks to the games as references not the other way around...

The anime takes information and looks to the games as references not the other way around...

Judgment looked nothing like its in-game version. Its move descriptions also says it "releases countless shots of light at the target", whereas in the movie Arceus shoots a glowing orb into the sky that explodes and releases countless of meteors that falls to the ground.

Artistic liberties? Sure, but even then it's still not close. It seems clear to me that Judgment's XY animation was inspired by its 12th movie incarnation, with Arceus sending a glowing orb into the sky and the falling rain after it explodes. Now, XY's move description also mentions "countless shots of light", which may very well be true because those streaks doesn't exactly look like meteors, but my point still stands about its animation.

- That most pokemon's in-battle animations are far shorter and sub-par compared to their Battle Revolution/Col/XD ones.

- That Xatu and many other flying pokemon are permanently flying. For goodness' sake, was it too hard for them to just program them with a "Flying" and "Non-Flying" model for the Sky Battles? Xatu looks TERRIBLE.

- That most pokemon's in-battle animations are far shorter and sub-par compared to their Battle Revolution/Col/XD ones.
My guess is that they made the awesome animation for Brave Bird but then saw it took much work to do it so they decided to make crappy animations for most of the other moves to save effort.

- That Xatu and many other flying pokemon are permanently flying. For goodness' sake, was it too hard for them to just program them with a "Flying" and "Non-Flying" model for the Sky Battles? Xatu looks TERRIBLE.
It's not just the models, but the animations too. All Pokemon have at least four animations (enter, idle, hurt, faint) plus additional attack animations. Still, I agree that for a number of Pokemon it looks awkward when you've only ever seen them on the ground before.

It's not just the models, but the animations too. All Pokemon have at least four animations (enter, idle, hurt, faint) plus additional attack animations. Still, I agree that for a number of Pokemon it looks awkward when you've only ever seen them on the ground before.

The 'gliding' forms of the birds look a bit weird to me when they're just a few feet above the ground. Some of the big birds like Braviary and Staraptor flap their wings so it looks like they are actually trying to stay in the air, so why not for other birds? :/

They needed to finally make every type combo. I mean there are how many pokemon. I can think of 12 Flying/Normal pokemon for example

Re: The Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Cheaters, cheaters and more cheaters because the hacking/cloning detection doesn't "catch'em all". Is hacking being done in this game or is it all from poketransfer? I dunno. I do know about the cloning trick and it's no better than hacking a pokemon into existence.

Why the he'll play a competitive online game if you can't play by the rules?

- Every time you're online on the PSS, if you put the system in sleep/standby you get a connection error the moment you return to the game. Why? The odd part is this only seems to happen with the PSS, it does NOT happen when searching the GTS.
Oh my god this. I thought it was just my stupid internet...

Cheaters, cheaters and more cheaters because the hacking/cloning detection doesn't "catch'em all". Is hacking being done in this game or is it all from poketransfer? I dunno. I do know about the cloning trick and it's no better than hacking a pokemon into existence.

Why the he'll play a competitive online game if you can't play by the rules?

Someone's being a tad butthurt...

There is virtually nothing in the competitive scene that is hacked. You might be doing free battles, and those are unregulated. But what's the difference between a team that was hacked and a team that was IV bred and EV trained?
Well, based on the Bank's parameters, nothing. Absolutely nothing. So quit whining.
Why the heck play a competitive game WITHOUT expecting people to cheat? :p

Anyone else have a better argument as to why cheating is "ok"? Sounds like a press argument as to why it's ok to use steroids in sports by a steroid user.

Anyone else have a better argument as to why cheating is "ok"? Sounds like a press argument as to why it's ok to use steroids in sports by a steroid user.
No, that's not what he's saying. As far as we know the game automatically detects and blocks obvious types of cheating (illegal move/ability, etc., like Nasty Plot Gengar or Wonder Guard Spiritomb) and the more subtle types of 'cheating' (rare egg moves, flawless IVs, shiny) are actually something you can reproduce legitimately, therefore they are not cheating.

If you're going to claim someone is cheating then the burden of proof is yours, and keep in mind there's a difference between 'improbable' and 'impossible'. For example, if I run into an opponent with six shiny (non legendary) Pokemon, how can I prove they didn't just breed/trade for shininess?

I think the cheat detection also detects things such as pokeballs, though I'm not sure on this. Had a friend spam trade requests one day and when I accepted he offered a free Dialga. Figured I'd offer him a bred Dream Ball Vulpix, didn't really need Dialga nor use legendaries anyway, but I saw the message that one pokemon in the traders party could not be traded. This happened twice. I noticed the Dialga was caught in a Friend Ball so figured it was hacked, but if it's stats/moves/abilities were ok and it wasn't shiny could the system have recognized it being caught in a Friend Ball as being hacked?

THe ball is one of the most superficial things in the game; purely cosmetic after a capture is complete. So as far as a hack check would go...why would you bother checking something so insignificant? Keep in mind that prior to Gen VI where we can breed down the balls, the ball was nothing more than a pretty graphic. The only time it'll flag a ball in the hack check is for a bred pokemon being in a non-standard one or a cherish ball on something which was never an event (also for Dream Ball pokemon that are not Dream World pokemon, but I doubt they even check that). Point being, it's really unnecessary to check something like that.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom