• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Real Life Achievements

LauriJ

Reaction score
Same as titles. Events in your life that would be worthy of an achievement were it a video game. Anything from your first love to graduating from School. It could also be something surprising such as... waking up from your bed?

- Got my Bachelor's in psychology
- Returned to school at the age of 32 to try to get into medical school
- Got a job in a lab (wheeee)
- March will mark four years with my boyfriend, which is 4x longer than any other relationship I've ever had
- Took my first trip by myself to somewhere where there wasn't anyone waiting for me on the other side, to a country I'd never been to before and only have a beginner's grasp on the language, and still managed to live there by myself in an apartment for a week (lots of firsts in this one)

- Surving my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years of High School to be able to graduate. I was fighting for my life medically all three years, but was able to pull through and graduate
- Receiving my first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. My first master said I would never become a black belt, but I proved him wrong that day.
- Passing my 4th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do on my 2nd try. I failed my first 4th Dan testing, and worked even harder to pass the 2nd time around.
- Receiving my first degree black belt in Hap Ki Do. For years, I had fears of being a partner for other students due to getting badly hurt a few times. I had to put aside this fear to be able to pass, and I did.
- Composing my first Symphonic band music, and my band class in high school playing it in rehearsal.
- Getting first place in a mile run competition when I was 13.
- Getting first place for the first time ever in a Martial arts tournament when I was 18.

Being me because I'm awesome beyond awesome. Plus it would have been a very long essay.

Most of mine are academic awards/titles that I've received (for my extracurricular classes, since I'm not actually smart) but I also consider my weight loss to be a big personal achievement for myself.

I have a career doing what I love most (freelance artist) and I make a good living off of it. Going to school is just an obligation that I would like to fulfill for my parents who want to see me graduate college, but I doubt I'll change anything career-wise. Very lucrative and I am my own boss.

Earning my high school diploma, AA and bachelor's degrees.
Being employed for half of my life (I just turned 32).
Getting my driver's license and owning car.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom