• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Real Unova: Mistralton City Airport (Episode 4 Up!)

SuperTrainStationH

East Unova Resident
Reaction score
Perhaps not the typical video fanwork, but a unique one I'm sure!

I got positive responses to the Unova/NYC comparison/tour videos I did in the past so I decided to take it to the next level. Thanks in advance just for reading this post and more so if you choose to watch!

So....

The Pokémon worlds Nacrene City is our worlds DUMBO in Brooklyn! Let me take you on a video tour of this artsy district!

Real Unova: An IRL Tour of Nacrene City

Real Unova: Crossing the IRL Skyarrow Bridge

Real Unova: Exploring Our World's Castelia City

Real Unova: Mistralton City Airport

Last edited:
Re: Real Unova: An IRL Tour of Nacrene City

Pretty clever. It would be cool if you did more of these.

By the way, I love your hair!

Thanks! I really didn't intend to "be" in the video, but the reflection kinda gave me away. Glad you liked!

It was a great documentary, I really hope you do more. I "liked" and subscribed on Youtube.

Please do more of these videos, they are very entertaining and informative, I really liked them :D

Re: Real Unova: Crossing the IRL Skyarrow Bridge (episode 2 up!)

These are very interesting and informative videos! Thanks for taking the time to do these comparisons. I liked learning about how the landscape of the Unova region correlates to certain areas of New York.

The park in your first video that you were saying part of Pinwheel Forest was based off of looks quite pleasant. Also, I liked how you used specific game music for the locations that inspired certain areas of the game (i.e. when you were crossing the bridge, you used the music from when you cross Skyarrow in the games). It sounds kinda scary thinking you're suspended in the air due to steel wires only as thick as garden hoses. >.>

Keep up the great work!

Re: Real Unova: Crossing the IRL Skyarrow Bridge (episode 2 up!)

This kind of makes me want to do a tour of New York sometime. I really like the historical facts you give too.

Re: Real Unova: Exploring Our World's Castelia City (Episode 3 Up!)

Again, thanks for taking the time to do these videos. In your latest one, I especially liked how you added those annotations that appear in the games. xD The fountain was also cool to see. The games seemed to have captured the business of the city quite well from the looks of your video.

Keep up the great work! :)

Awww, the games in Gen VI should be based on UK locations (there'll be a BW remake and then a Ruby/Sapphire remake in Gen V).

Then maybe you won't get to them so easily! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wow I am really impressed with your videos! You did a lot of research when putting these together. They are really educational, I learned so much! In the Skyarrow bridge video, I didn’t realize how long of a walk it really is, since I never traveled the bridge on foot. It’s cool how you put a historic photograph in the video, it added a lot to the video. Also, the music in the background of your videos was a great addition.

I haven’t been to lower Manhattan in awhile, but your video made me aware of all the parallels from the game to the city. Keep up the good work!

Really interesting video! Too bad you couldn’t take video at Tetero airport. It’s really cool how the game creators paralleled the airport with the garden in the game. I didn’t know that they drew so much inspiration from NY. I like how you keep switching between the game images and the actual footage of the garden. It illustrates your point well. Hope you update soon.

Wow, I never realized there were vegetable gardens in the Mistralton City airport. XD That's awesome you stumbled across them; it's so weird thinking they were right next to the airport. You wouldn't think the games would include something so obscure in the design.

Thanks for posting that; keep up the awesome work!

I must say that your are really dedicated fan to look for these real life landmarks. :)

Back
Top Bottom