• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Location-Specific Events Log and Discussion

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Welcome to the Location-Specific Events Log and Discussion thread. HERE you will find all the latest information on events in your area and may discuss about them. What are your thoughts in these events? Will you attend them, and what do you think they'll accomplish?

More information on upcoming events can be found here:

Pokémon GO Events - Pokémon GO

Europe:
Pokémon GO Safari Zone details announced - Bulbanews

Schedule of Safari Zones sorted per date, location, city and country:
7 October 2017 Fisketorvet Copenhagen Denmark
7 October 2017 Centrum Cerny Most Prague Czech Republic
14 October 2017 Mall of Scandinavia Stockholm Sweden
14 October 2017 Stadshart Amstelveen Amstelveen The Netherlands

United States:

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 28th):
Philly Free Streets

Last edited:
A new announcement was made about the real world events, the most prominent of which is the Pokémon GO Fest Chicago:

Pokémon GO events around the world! - Pokémon GO

The choices of the players in Chicago's event will determine what bonuses the entire world will be getting after it, so this is of importance to all players worldwide.

Is there anyone in BMGf who's planning to attend? What Pokémon type do you believe the people at the Fest should focus on, and why? What are your predictions on what the outcome of said event be? Any ideas on what the Challenges are about? Looking forward to your ideas!

My prediction is that the Chicago event is going to be a Legendary event (probably in the form of a raid battle). I think the Legendary birds are most likely, which will be split into three battles for each respective team. If the players win the battles, the Legendaries will be released around the world for everyone else.

Thread renamed and partially repurposed.
The opening post will now get updated with all the upcoming location-specific events.

As for my own thoughts on the latest news on the events, I'm glad region-specific Pokemon start being more widely available, unfortunately however I cannot attend any of the European events myself. Honestly though, if I could even do Raid Battles consistently here it would be eventful from my perspective :(

Last edited:
It is Mewtwo Coming to Exclusive Raid Battles Soon! - Pokémon GO

Sounds like a pain to get tho. And Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno will continue til the 31st.
Indeed, this was announced soon after the first Raid in Yokohama.

Exclusive Raid Battles will indeed be harder to participate in, and if the catch rate is low just like with all the other legendaries, it will indeed be quite a pain to get. At least the others are available for some more time :)

Oh look, another Raid Battle exclusive Legendary Pokemon to where it's impossible for anyone unable to enter Raid Battles in large groups to get it. And it's a limited event with a special pass to boot. Just what I always wanted. Ugh
Fair enough, I understand the frustration over the limited/special nature it will have. But there's one good thing (although I'm afraid it won't outweigh the bad). It gives you a lot of time beforehand to plan to get there, and it gives you a special invitation early enough, so people should be gathering. That said, in areas where you just can't get large groups for Raids at all because of how few people play in the area, it's still going to be a problem but so would be regular Raids :(

Fair enough, I understand the frustration over the limited/special nature it will have. But there's one good thing (although I'm afraid it won't outweigh the bad). It gives you a lot of time beforehand to plan to get there, and it gives you a special invitation early enough, so people should be gathering. That said, in areas where you just can't get large groups for Raids at all because of how few people play in the area, it's still going to be a problem but so would be regular Raids :(

Yeah, getting more time in advance does help, but if Legendary Pokemon being available didn't make it easier for me to get into Raid Battle groups, then I don't think that Mewtwo is going to do that either. It just kind of annoyed me too much to wake up to this update for some reason.

New events announced, plus some more information on the Safari Zones in Europe:
Pokémon GO Events - Pokémon GO

---
From what I've seen, the 3 USA events won't have any particularly major bonuses, but it'll still be something nice for the people in those areas to attend and it might have some sort of bonuses.

More details on the first bunch of Safari Zones have been announced:
Pokémon GO Safari Zone Event Updates, New Dates and More - Pokémon GO

Some locations and dates are:
  • October 7, 2017
    • Fisketorvet—Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Centrum Černý Most—Prague, The Czech Republic
  • October 14, 2017
    • Mall of Scandinavia—Stockholm, Sweden
    • Stadshart Amstelveen—Amstelveen, The Netherlands

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom