• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Realization

Reaction score
So it's been a hot minute since I've been here. I joined this place back in 2012 and I'm not sure how many of my buddies from back then are still on here. But I digress.

Anyways, Latias has been one of my favorite Pokemon for as long as I can remember. Back in the day for you newbies, Bulba represented gender through Pokemon sprites. (Latios being male and Latias being female, for example) So I remember maybe back in 2013 I changed my icon to Latias just because I figured everyone knew I was a dude, right? Well, I got a PM from someone being like "congratulations on figuring yourself out!" and then I had to explain the situation.

What's the point of this anecdote, you ask? Well I just recently came to the realization that I am, in fact, a trans woman. It's going to be an uphill battle from here for sure, but I'd been questioning for years and I feel like a huge weight's been lifted off my shoulders.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom