• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Really long match at Wimbledon (No, really!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KojiroJames2006

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Has anyone caught Court 18 today (6/23) at Wimbledon? Nicolas Mahut and John Isner are playing their brains out in the fifth set where there's no tiebreakers!

I watched the entire thing, up until they suspended play AGAIN at 59 games apiece. I love tennis, and it's truly historic moments like this that I find really exciting (and hilarious). I wanted Big John to win at first, but I feel for both of those guys now--they are both true warriors. I can't even imagine an end to it anymore. Feels great to be witness to such an epic, amazing battle.

Tennis is awesome.

Sport is awesome in general...this is truly incredible. I really don't have any other words for it. Just absolutely incredible.

This is the match that never ends
It goes on and on my friends...:p

So who exactly forgot to mention ADV rules were in play when both Wobbs were sent out?

This is bonkers
im glad football matches dont last ten hours
im afriad to say i never watched any tennis as i have been watching the world cup

Its over! Isner Wins!

The score 6-4, 3-6, 6-7, 7-6, 70-68.

I saw it, I can't believe they ended it on only ONE mans call.

Holy moly, that's crazy.

Incidentally, I'm not familiar with tennis rules, so how was it possible for it to go on so long?

I believe the deciding set has to be won by at least two games (hence why when it goes to five sets you'll often see scores of 8-6). Neither could pull ahead by that margin so they just kept on going and going.

Ohh, I see. XD; I didn't know tennis worked that way...I thought there was a set number of games. Or something. It's been a while since I've cared to know about tennis rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom