• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: The Etymology of Your username

tokawase: Name I made up in 6th grade, use that for everything: YOUTUBE account, BMGF account, PAWN GAME account and almost everything

A bunch of my friends used to listen to this dumb song: Baba O'Riley I never heard of it so they kept on calling me Baba O'Riley, now I'm pretty used to it.

Blasphemy! if you like classic rock, you must listen to this song.

On topic -
I'm terrible when it comes to making up names, and I was watching house when I made this account.

Simple, I named mine after the Greek Titan Prometheus because I like the name and it express's my concern for mankind.

Within a month, so it's not dead yet! And it's about to get better.

Fusenger - Admittedly, I've been getting into Super Sentai quite a bit, which kind of inspired me to come up with a sort of a Sentai team of my own: Konton Sentai Fusenger (roughly translated Chaos Squadron Fusion Ranger).

Shadow - Short for Shadowbird, a long-established nickname of mine from my e-wrestling days. Shadowbird itself is derived from "The Dark Firebird", which is derived from "Dark Phoenix" (as phoenixes are my favorite mythological creature; despite this, I don't like Ho-oh).

Though what my name's backstory is obvious I'll explain anyways. It's based on Jirachi's wishing abilities, and Jirachi's own wish. Pretty deep huh? XD But the reason I chose it was because not only is it nice but it reminds me of when I was younger and even now, I still wish for things whether it be when I blow my birthday cake candles or just randomly.

White: Reflects which Gen V game I want.

Savior: Fits the stereotype of the color white.

Giygas: The final boss in the legendary SNES RPG EarthBound.

Quest was a spur-of-the-moment pick because the previous name I chose sounded too girly and otaku-ish to me. It was a favorite name at the time, and is traditionally the name I picked for RPG's until recently.

That's all there is to it, really ;-)

Black Cat - The obvious reason being because I like cats, I've always had a love for the midnight colored feline. But it has more to do with, while black cats are popularly known as being 'bringers of misfortune or bad luck' there are some cultures and people who believe they are 'bringers of prosperity or good luck' myself included.

320 - Its my lucky number

So feline bringer of good luck plus my lucky number and ya get Black_Cat320

Mine's pretty short and, once you hear the story, has almost nothing to do about music at all.

I was 10 going on 11 when I got myself an Xbox Live account. My Dad helped me pick out names. I liked Halo a lot, so I wanted to be something like Masterchief238 (I wasn't as creative at that age. Lol.). Dad said that really wasn't a good idea, since I also liked Forza Motorsport and a few other games. He said, "Let's make it a rather generic name."

So after about 3 minutes of just thinking names, I burst out, "Rocker". It had nothing to do with music, I just liked the way it sounded as a 10 year old. My Dad was fine with it, but he wanted to make it easier to distinguish from possible other "Rockers". So we used our Florida Zipcode address. (I live in Texas now, so it's outdated.) It made a rather unique name, Rocker32703.

The way I pronounce it is Rock-er-3-2-7-o-3. From that day forth, I made a few accounts on some free online MMOGs, with the username Rocker32703. It stuck, and I used it for everything. I'm officially just "Rocker" to some; they don't know my real name or anything else, I'm just Rocker.

And there ya go. I probably overexplained it, but whatever.

My username origin is suprisingly complicated. See, when I was eleven, I joined up at a Zelda forum with the dorky username "zeldas cousin". Yeah, I know. Anyways, I stayed there for several years, making it kind of impossible to change my name since people would know me as ZC. Then I got the great idea of shortening my actual username to "ZC", then people would still recognise me yet newbies wouldn't know what it actually stood for XD.

Anyways, I was talking about this with Dany36, and she was just like "yeah! You can say it stands for something else, like Zesty Cactus or something." and I thought that was sooo funny and unique so I ended up using it as my legit username in other places, haha. (i'm still just "ZC" at the Zelda forum, though.)

A lot of people tend to think my name is derived from Scyther or Scythe especially how there used to be someone from the UK on the IRC named Scythe. It's not pronounced like it either, by the by. More like... "Smmy-thuh" or "Smieth".

I got it from an episode of Screenwipe where Vinnie Jones was offhandedly mocked for this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik7bDGQ4uO8
"Mr. Vinward Jonesington Smythe". I like the name because it's a fun exaggeration of the royal types and I like to act like a narcissist most of the time.

I picked it because it got stuck in my head and as a result, couldn't think of anything else.

Eh, I've always been pretty bad at thinking up usernames. Basically, during the Team Rocket takeover my avatar was the Caterpie waving it's sucker cups around, the one that you will likely see to your left, and I decided to change my name to fit with the theme of the takeover. In the end, I decided on 'Apollo's Caterpie', and I haven't bothered to change my name back yet.

My name is a corruption of my real name. I got the idea when I asked someone on youtube for a gif. He was nicknamed Dezz, which came out a seemingle dorky name, which made do the same, and I ended up with Zurr. Pronounced Zer. Kinda rhymes with "Fur".

Last year, I made origami horses to sell at relay for life to raise money for my team.

I didn't like the look of Origamihorse so I decided to go with Paperhorse. And I added 108 because that number is significant on one of my favorite shows, Lost.

Oh hey; this topic exists. So I kinda explained it in passing for the topic about what your name means, but... there's kind of a story behind it!

So, short end of it is, Nevando is the spanish word for snowing. And I think it's a cool sounding word. But originally I had no intention for it to be my username.

I used to play this game called Phantasy Star Online. Which is irrelevant because I'm talking about its sequel game, Phantasy Star Universe. Before the game came out, someone had gotten the beta or whatever and made a patch that allowed you to use the character creator without logging onto the game so that you could try it out. And try it I did. I can't remember how I decided upon using the spanish word translator as I did, except that I know I really like the spanish language, but I just wanted a name for a robot character I know I wanted to be evil. Nevando covered it perfectly for me; I mean, snowing is cold and it just sounds dark and rich. I really like the word.

Originally when I was like,10 or 11? Whenever I initially discovered the internet, my internet handle was SUPAH CHAO. Based on um... these short flash animations called Supah Fly, and the Sonic Adventure series' Chao. Yeah. I was on a few forums [a lot with criss-crossing members], and eventually I just became known by my real name, PJ. Which then became my username. Then I got banned from one of my big time forums for uh... excessive trolling, I guess, but it was kinda someone elses fault >_> Hard to explain that one.

So yeah, Nevando has stuck. And even though it's just a word, I've yet to have to put silly numbers behind it or corrupt it in any way. It's both my XBox Live account and Playstation Network tag.

For a bit I kinda felt dumb about using it, since I disliked people who used random japanese words in their usernames because they liked the japaneseyness of it, but then I realised; a lot of people use things like the weather as names [Rain? Snow? Sunny? Ok that last one isn't really a weather but you get it], and mine does kinda have meaning. It just became a cool name, I think it's been my username for over 2 years now.

I was ambushed by a green zubat in granite cave like a month ago and actually managed to capture it with the ONLY pokéball in my bag. I've been obsessed with it ever since.

I learned the word "Tabula Rasa" a few days ago in my Etymology class. It's a good defination for me, since sometimes I am a "Blank Slate". I wish to say the word in real life often, so to start, I changed "Ino-chan" to this epic word.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom