• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: The Etymology of Your username

Shroomish cause I LOVE THE POKEMON SHROOMISH!!! I can't say it enough!! im so happy now!!

FaintSoul: Ghost >translated to Japanese> 幽霊(Yurei) >literal English translation> Faint Soul

Mine's from Killer 7, named after an enemy called the "Galactic Tomahawk Smile" which you fight once near the end of the game and then never see again.

It wasn't anything spectacular besides being one of the harder Smiles you fight, but the name always stuck with me so I eventually started using it as a handle.

It's "Robotz" spelled backwards. 'Nuff said.

Because the mental image of a Yanmega flying at Mach 5+, sending trees flying left and right without even touching them, is totally awesome. I could've gone with something like CandiceFan, but if for some (illogical) reason I decided to stop liking Candice...well, duh. That, and my mom asked me what I chose for my username, so that would've been embarassing. :dodgy:

In order to cheer my girlfriend up one day, I decided to take one of her novels and run it through an online translator. I translated it into Japanese and then back into English, creating Engrish. Somehow, the name Miller was included in the Engrish version, along with references to a male character that didn't actually exist in the story. Thus, Miller was born. :3

one of my main character's name is Ivory, it wasn't available so i put the 'r' at the end, which makes it simular to the name Ivysuar, which is a pokemon and im on a pokemon site.

I went by soaringdragon on Neopets when I was really young. When I returned to the interwebs (quite a bit wiser than before), I decided to change my name to something new - thus, I chose "Azure Butterfly" because I like the color blue and butterflies are awesome.

Then I combined the two for "Azure Dragon" because I'm finicky and like changing my name.

I think I was trying to type 'aerial' or something and it wound up as Aiere. There you go.

I like Zelda. I like it more than Pokemon. (Pokemon is a new thing for me) It is also my username on WiiOperaSDK.

Justin Romero is my name. Take out the ro at the end, put underscores, and we get Just_in_Rome

When I join a website, I normally use a username containing Shadow, and I stick a word or name relevant to whatever website I'm joining.

I remember discussing how disastrous it would be if Cipher managed to turn Arceus into an XD. Hence, my avatar, and why I stuck Arceus after Shadow.

Dunno where my name came from, but I became a MegaMan fan shortly before I made up the name, so... It makes sense, eh?

Well, now that I've changed my username, I feel like I should post the etymology of it.

...ain't it obvious. Just look at my avatar.

Actually, no. It's not obvious why I stuck the "u" in there, since it wasn't taken when I changed it. It's because I wanted a name that was a small variation on the real name. And what better way to do that than to use the name I had confused it for in the first place? XD

PsychoArmor comes from the most powerful armor in one of the best NES games ever, GODSLAYERCrystalis. It's called the Psycho Armor.

OH HO HO I AM SO CREATIVE.

My names on other sites tend to be more creative, really.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom