• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: What does your name mean?

"A variant form of John (God is gracious)."

For me, either modesty or calm, I've seen both. And my younger brother's means *drumroll* younger brother!! lol

My name is Melissa and it means bumblebee xD Greek origin

Mine mens "he who is strong," which is funny because I'm doing strength training.

My first name is Greek for "crown" or "laurel wreath" (remember, that was what a crown was back in the day), and my middle name is Hebrew for "who is like God?" (using the "el" root from Elohim, by the way). Furthermore, I was named after a Christian martyr and one of the few angels to actually appear in the Bible--and fewer still to appear in both the Old and New Testaments. Symbolic much, huh?

Re: The etymology of your username.

My user name is ShinyDrapion because, well, I have one. It was given to me by Siburke as a lv. 1 skorupi and now it's over lv. 60.

Zexion as in the organization member from kingdom hearts.

my initials are actually cm, but I like calling myself cmd. By habit the numbers I add at the end are always multiples of 12.

Its a short version of my Bulbapedia name, DeadUniverse. Thats all

:spin:

Jugon? That's Dewgong in Japanese. You know, the Pokemon...? Why Dewgong, you ask? It's my Birth-Pokemon or whatever :D

Why are people explaining their real names here too? o_O My name's Roosa. It comes from the word "rosa", which is Latin for a rose. In Finnish (yup, I live in Finland) Roosa is a pinkish color.

Jugon? That's Dewgong in Japanese. You know, the Pokemon...? Why Dewgong, you ask? It's my Birth-Pokemon or whatever :D

Why are people explaining their real names here too? o_O My name's Roosa. It comes from the word "rosa", which is Latin for a rose. In Finnish (yup, I live in Finland) Roosa is a pinkish color.

Curious, in Spanish, rosa means both "rose" and "pink". BTW my real name is Jonathan.

On-topic: Veggie's been my internet nickname ever since the first time I went online many, many years ago, but lately I've been added variations to it (like in Veggietable, my previous nickname). Popper is on the other hand, my real-life nickname since I was 9 years (currently I'm 24), so I just put my two nicknames together and that's it.

Originally it was meant to be "Popper Veggie" because Popper, being a nickname given by my friends I thought would better fit as a given name, and Veggie, coming from my real last name (Vega) would better fit as my cyber-last name, but when I was a teenager lots of people said I resembled actor Daniel Radcliffe (a resemblance I fail to find even to this day), so eventually some friends started calling me "Veggie Potter". Then with Potter and Popper sounding and looking similar, I decided to substitute one for the other and invert the order of my nicknames, thus Veggie Popper.

Infinity is all-it amazes me. Infinity is everything around us....everything we do....it is waht we do to strive.iit is....Inifnite..

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom