• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

My user name is pretty cool because I like Ness and he is the best character is Melee and Brawl...some people say that Fox is the best but they will never learn :p

I just mushed the first letters of my first name, with the first letters of my last name. It's like a shortend version of my name, plus it sounds cool (to me anyway xD).

The name is actually a name of a character i created in an rpg, which i later transfered the same character into a fanfiction of the same anime the rpg is of. I've been useing it for a few years now.

My first username, BlazikenEX, came from my favorite Pokemon, and the fact that I was a big TCG fan.

My current one, The Pig King, is my general internet name, because it's a cool name and I'm a Mother fan.

Everybody knows my former names. Both my former and current names are combinations of different words

Bio - referrence to Bionicle

Warrior - the Toa from Bionicle; Toa in Matoran can be translated into "warrior" or "hero/heroine".

3,000 - the origional number of Toa; now less then 50.

Dragon - a homage to not only the Dragon-types, but to the mythical creature as well.

Dracologist - a scientist who studies dragon; draco is dragon in Latin

As to why, for Bio_Warrior_3000, it was an (in my mind) honoring of the Bionicle series. For Dragon_Warrior_3000, it became that when I became absorbed into the world of Dragonology, though I think is misnamed. Hence why I rename myself Dracologist_3000. I decided to stay with the 3000 part heritage, to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
My user name stems back to a promise I made when I was a kid yet I wasn't on the forums when I was a kid. I wanted to make the strongest Pikachu ever and the whole world would see it.>=D

Though also it combines the title of my favourite pokemon movie at the time I joined " Pokemon the movie 2000, The Power of One."
Now replace one with Pika and illiminate all the first part about the movie ect. and imagine a Pikachu holding a lightball glowing in one hand showing that what it posesses brings out it's awsome power and that is how my username got made.XD

Just shows how late I joined the forums, my dad had a thing against the internet when I was a kid so we didn't have it at the time.=P

I started on serebii.net forums though and I've had this name for many years now.=P

Last edited:
I suppose I should go into detail about how I ended up as Felly. So allow me to start from the beginning.

I originally started my foruming reign as mistral on CheatingDome Forums, as I was a massive .hack// fan back in the day. xD Time passed by and my internet n00b-ness disappeared. [I was so glad. <3] Later, I changed my name to JamesBondMaster, as I became a James Bond fan. More time passes & my James Bond fangirl mode disappears. I switch to PokemonFireMaster or something along those lines. The thing for that slowly disappears and then my best friend evar irl sees my email & she's all like "Hey! Why don't you be Fire Element Lord & I'll be Dark Element Lord! FEL and DEL! Haha!" So I changed my name to Fire Element Lord, which was shortened to FEL by most people. [People still call me FEL too. <3] And then my last name change for now is Felly, which was given to me by a former clan member who now calls me Relish. xD [Which I admit, is mad awesome 'cause I <3 Relish.] And that brings me back to Felly. I believe this November will mark the one year anniversary of me being Felly.

And Felly has it's variations too. People call me Felz, Feller, & Felleh too. xD

A.T. was my marriland nickname. it also stands for "arceus thrasher" which was already taken so i used A.T.

Mooites is what my mom called some cows we passed on a road trip. so I liked the word, and now Im Mooites! (Pronounced Moo-aytes, NOT Moo-tees or Moo-tys)

samsa1979 was a name I composed from different things. The name Samsa I got from the Franz Kafka story, The Metamorphosis, in which "Gregor Samsa awakes one morning to find himself transformed into a large insect"
Also, I love bug Pokemon.
1979 is year Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures album was released, it is also a song by The Smashing Pumpkins (1979), and partially because of the Canadian musical duo, Death from Above 1979.

My username represents that i love charmander and charizard.

And blaze make me feel alive!

So put them together and make charmanders blaze!! FTW

The name 'Rishi' is my first name in the outside world. It is a Sanskrit word which basically means 'sage' and/or 'seer'. It also refers to a divinely inspired poet or singer. It generally refers to a knower of Brahman (God). According to Hindu mythology, 'rishi' is a title as well as a class of enlightened beings. 'Rishi' as a title is given to one who sings with excellence the sacred Vedic hymns and one who invokes devas through rhythmical speech or songs of a sacred character. 'Rishi' as a title can also mean 'spiritual scientist', which basically means one who explores and studies the inner (as opposed to the outer) universe. 'Rishi' as a title also refers to one who interprets Vedic mantras so that their esoteric meanings can be understood by ordinary people. As a particular class of beings, they are distinct from humans, devas and asuras. The saptarishi (seven sages) are the seven mind-born sons of Brahma (not to be confused with Brahman, the Supreme Absolute Truth) and they are born and live for a period of time known as a manvantar (306,720,000 Earth years). During this period of time, they serve as representatives of Brahma. At the end of a manvantar, mass-extinctions are said to occur throughout the numerous planetary systems of the universe and the saptarishi are assigned the task to fill the universe with progeny once more at the start of every manvantar. At the end of a manvantar, the saptarishi die. During each manvantar, there are different saptarishi and the saptarishi of this particular manvantar are:

* Atri
* Bharadvaja
* Gautam
* Jamadagni
* Kashyapa
* Vasishta
* Vishwamitra

They each occupy a position higher than that of all the devas (in fact, both the devas and asuras are children of Kashyapa). During the entire lifetime of 'our' Brahma, there are 504,000 distinct sets of saptarishi.
In addition to the saptarishi, there are other classifications of rishis. The major classifications are (in descending order of precedence): brahmarishi, maharishi and rajarishi.
All of the saptarishi are brahmarishis. The brahmarishis are the highest class of rishis and are rishis who have understood the meaning of Brahman. Usually, one cannot rise to the level of a brahmarishi through merit alone. Since the order was created divinely, and is appointed by Lord Brahma, it is considered impossible for Hindu priests and scholars, or contemporary society, to anoint a brahmarishi. However, Vishwamitra (one of the seven sages of the current manvantar) rose to the position of a brahmarishi through his own merit alone. He performed meditation and austerities (tapasya) for tens of thousands of years and, as a result, he was awarded the rank of brahmarishi by Brahma himself. The saptarishis created out of Brahma's thoughts are perfect brahmarishis. They are greater than even the devas in power and piety.
Brahmarishis are capable to defeating all human and magical weapons and dangerous phenomena. They are not influenced by the material world, the cycle of life and death or karma. They have understood the meaning of life and all the mysteries of creation. They are liberated beings.
In the Ramayana, Vasishta flayed all of King Kaushika's celestial weapons with a single wooden stick that imbibed the power of Brahman. Kaushika, who became Vishwamitra after tens of thousands of years of penance created an entire, separate universe for Trishanku and then sealed Trishanku inside it.
Maharishi means 'great sage' in Sanskrit and refers to one who has great, expanded and refined senses, including subtle forms of vision, hearing, smell, taste and touch. Their third eye is completely open and their intuition is used to its fullest capacity. Their attention and focus encompasses the entire universe and yet they can still maintain incredibly precise detail in actions and thoughts.
Rajarishi means 'royal sage' in Sanskrit. It refers to one who is simultaneously a king or a prince as well as a sage. A rajarishi may have left the kingship and became a rishi, such as Vishwamitra for example (who later advanced to becoming a brahmarishi) or may still be ruling the kingdom but has reached the rishi state and has attained self-realisation.
They still belong to the kshatriya caste, and remain below most rishis, maharishis and brahmarishis in their level of spiritual knowledge, but are superior to most kings. It is understandably difficult to be both a rishi as well as one who is in a royal position because it is difficult to be both in the world but not of the world, for you are placed directly in the midst of many temptations yet you must not succumb to such temptations. I take my hat off to any person who can be not only a king, but a divine one at that.
So there you have it, that's kinda the meaning of my name!

Mine's pretty simple. I go by 'Dark' on most forums since it was my original name on the first one I joined up on (A Warriors cat RP site, for you Warriors fans out there) though my full username was Darkstorm. DarkMaster just became one of my new users when I started integrating myself into the online Pokemon communities. Master = Pokemon Master. Hehe.

I like the word Shadow, and Star is put there as a leader's title. Hence, ShadowStar. My old username "Cloudskye" was my favorite FFVII Character and Skye, my nickname.

My username isn't necessarily... erm, original, in a way. As most may know, an infamous band "The Beach Boys" are commonly stereotyped as the reason I selected this username. When, in fact, it's far from it.

BeachBoy is technically the second username I've ever used in my "internet life" and it will stand as my permanent one unless it is taken. (like say when I join a forum)

Okay, I'm a Floridian, and I live on the coastline, near the beach in other words. I'm a guy as well. Now lets do some trial and error. BeachTeen (Doesn't fit well) BeachGuy (um, ew.) BeachMan. (Okay, who made that weird pedo hero?) >: So I eventually came to the conclusion BeachBoy fits me best. Huzzah alliteration. So it's really just that simple. Location + Gender, obviously wouldn't work for some people, but I think my username fits me overall and... works.

I've been known to not register on forums for days because I can't think of a suitable username. To me, a username is everything. I often find myself judging people by their usernames (then again, everyone else does that so it isn't that big) and I don't want people to think I'm an idiot just because I was too lazy to come up with a proper display name. A username defines one's character. So does posting, themes and profile customizations but most people will decide whether to talk to someone based on how comical, friendly or repelling the username seems to be.

For Bulbagarden, my original username was going to be God, but it was taken or disallowed by the administrators, according to a notification. I tried Devil, but that was also blocked from use. I settled on Rekhyt (which is my username on various forums) before I decided I was unhappy with it and changed my username to TeenageAngst.

I'm only TeenageAngst on two other forums. Why? It's a deadly username. I know that. I just think it should only be used in the right places at the right time. It totally outlines my life right now, 'cause I think I'm suffering from depression and I can't help but look at the negative aspects of life.

I came up with it a while back after reading a book and thinking of what I should change my username to on another forum. That story isn't really interesting.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom