• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: Explain your username

Cubone has always been my favorite Pokemon. "King" makes my username alliterative, and I love alliterations. I've always had a thing for CamelCase, too. So there you go. CuboneKing.

Re: Explain your username

My username really does require an explanation at this point. ._.; First off... "Crescent" comes from Happy Crescent, a song sung by the fictional idol singer Kanon Nakagawa, from the anime The World God Only Knows. Going with "Happy Crescent" wasn't exactly a username I'd actually use. ._.; So I made it a hybrid. "Sky" is part of my "default" username, Scarlet Sky. (Originally suggested by a user named Blazing Star long ago. Probably a year to two years.)
Not the most fancy sounding name, but I wanted it to be something I could actually use. =w=;

Re: The etymology of your username.

I wanted a username, I like chibis, and I'm kinda through a random phase lately ...
And ... that is that

Mix of 'Pyra', which means flame, and 'paradox.'

I missed this name too goddamn much.

One of my favorite animes of all time is Bleach, and I grew very fond of the character Renji. His flamboyant style and quick tempered attitude made me laugh, but he also has determination and deep down, a good heart. His sword is called Zabimaru. It's probably my second favorite character, and first favorite sword spirit. So yeah ^^

Kouzan is the name of my trainer OC, the first one I ever created. As for my "default username " AWsquared is a name I've been using on websites for several years now. AW are my initials and squared obviously is a math term for when you multiply an integer by itself.

Last edited:
caus·tic [kaw-stik]

adjective
1. capable of burning, corroding, or destroying living tissue.
2. severely critical or sarcastic: a caustic remark.

noun
3. a caustic substance.

Elected to use a "K" instead of the "C" for aesthetic purposes.

When I was younger, around 12, I used to be obsessed with graffiti and street art. One of my favorite street artists went by the name Chanoir and I remember wanting to emulate this artist so much that I kind of took their name and tweaked it a bit to use in my own art XD. Then I started using it for usernames and it just kinda stuck.

Well, 'Pyra' comes from 'pyre' (or the female form of 'Pyro'), and 'dox' comes from 'paradox'.

Out of the other names:

Pike Queen Scorpia - Pike Queen Lucy is awesome, and I've always kind of liked the name Scorpia.
Affliction - My favorite word at the time, a synonym for 'sickness'.
Arctura - Meant to be a feminine form of the star Arcturus. Later, I found out that there's a band called Arcturus, who I ended up quite liking.
Devized - 'Devised' was one of my favorite words. Thought it would sound cool with a Z.

Come to think of it, a lot of my usernames are derived from the feminine form of something, yet I keep getting mistaken for a guy.

When I joined, I was obsessed with Raichu. In fact, I wanted to use the username "Raichu" but that was already taken, so I replaced the "c" with a "z." It's awfully unoriginal, but it stuck and every time I change my username, I always end up reverting to Raizhu eventually.

It comes from the fact I love N infinitely, and I figured that if I want others to get that, then I should use a "pun" of it in my username. I like it.

I use my username because I want Cilan, Cress, and Chili to be the Shadow Triad, obviously. I LOVE the Striaton Trio and Shadow Triad and I would LOVE to see the Striaton Trio to actually be criminals. ^o^

My username is a combination of three different video game entities.
Can you guess which without viewing the spoiler?
Sephiroth, phazon, and Saturos.
Combined, I like to consider it meaning "power corrupts good intentions."
I use it because it's really unique and I rarely ever see somebody else using it.

Well, I use the name IRL also. I can't remember where the name comes from but it has nothing to do with the word "super" (nor is it swedish for "drinking" or japanese for... oh i forgot). It's not really my real name so I like using it on the internet too.

Well, I love Shaymin, and I didn't want to just use 'Shaymin' as my username, because I thought it would be too unoriginal (although I do use it on non-Pokémon forums now), and this was the best I could come up with.

My username is after the girl in The Hunger Games. She's my favourite tribute, so I chose her for my username! :)

Mine... It combines my inquisitive nature, my love for the nickname that Deoxys have been given, 'Deoxy', my love for Deoxys in general, and the fact that I have a Shiny, and therefore yellow Deoxys.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom