• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

My name prior to this one, Sins of the Father, was chosen because of a particularly fantastic song in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

I chose this current name because I'm trans and it's snowing outside.

Random Punster is because I'm just a random guy who likes to make a lot of bad puns.
It represents the creative side of me. The more literary, artistic, and linguistic side. The one that doesn't get to shine as often beneath the veneer of metal and steel that is Maniacal Engineer.
Maniacal Engineer is the more math and science oriented side of me. The man ruled by numbers, formulas, equations, and technology. The more prevalent side of me, that's for sure.

To put it simply, while both Random Punster and Maniacal Engineer love cooking, Punster enjoys it as an expression of creativity, while Engie enjoys it as an exercise following a formula. Punster will be more creative when it comes to improvising, but Engie will Gear Grind to a halt if something is amiss, and will go into problem solving mode, using analytical skills to determine the best course of action.

However, I cannot have one without the other.
Maniacal Engineer is a pun off of Mechanical Engineer, which is the degree I hold. It's also a play on words with the first person, as I can refer to myself as me or ME.

At the same token, mathematically, the concept of true randomness does not actually exist, so Random Punster follows a pseudorandom mathematical pattern instead.

That's why both of my usernames mean a lot to me.

just wanted something simple and ‘slate’ was the first word that came to mind

It's an acronym, given by KM in the Random Messages thread, which means: "The One Who Spams Pictures Of Korean Idols" because that's what I('m supposed to) do there XD

I just got it from Chikorita, since I signed up for a lot of websites with that as my username about 9 years ago. I just gave myself the nickname Chika, sorta based off what Chikorita sounds like in the anime, and it stuck. When possible, I like using it as my username since that's what I prefer being called.

I've never been able to have a solid username that remained consistent across anything I did (partly because "This username is already taken"). All other names I had were just phases that eventually petered out... Until I re-watched series 1 (the Japanese version, I just can't take the dub seriously) and remembered why I loved Digimon so much. Garurumon is my favourite Digimon, mostly because it is the wolf Digimon, and I just love wolves. They're such majestic animals and even their social structure is awesome. When I first used the name, I knew I couldn't just use "Garurumon", that would be too generic and probably taken on so many sites. Eventually my brain made the pun on "lone wolf" = Lone Garurumon (the wolf Digimon). When I played Minecraft with a few friends I noticed that the game wouldn't display anything past the space above my head. I then discovered that an underscore fixed that issue and it just became part of the name. This one's stuck for years now and I don't see it going anywhere... Wow that got long.

I always choose a smash theme username normally and the return of was a tack on originally before people remembered me as romch due to me having it for so long.
now for my current username, I was going to do a IGN ORAS review joke theme, but I decided not to since I genuinely like IGN.

It's based on my favorite pairing. It was the first name I had thought of when I was trying to come up with a good username and I have stuck with it ever since then.

I started when I was so hyped about Z I just had to join and start posting to share in the excitement, I love speculating and getting others to speculate. Also there is a Z in my name quite prominently so it kinda fits. Although I didn't realise I could never change it, so in like 5 years time when Gen 8 are about to be released I will stil be called Z lol

I want to have a cool-sounding username that can also be used as a person's name in a fictional world, like pokemon. Well, I know that I like the alphabet R, the username should have an "ey" part somewhere, I sort of also like the Z sound and I want the name to end with -en.

Mix it all up, and you get Reyzadren.

Not much importance on mine, I have my usernames for fun.
I just mix stuff I like - the 'Heroic' part I got from Aussie Eevee's previous name of HeroicPooch
After that, I just keep my various Eeveelution or Fox theme, so something related to them.
I have 'Sylveon' for the previous version 25 of the UvD game - now wish I could change Sylvy to Flare

nothing important - but this makes my 5,000th post count!
I must have over 9,000 by now but the fun and games area don't count for post counts

My username dates to at least ten years. A long time ago when I was still in Kindergarten, I was nicknamed "leet" (that was before 133t was a thing). So, when I created my first online account (I think it was on something silly like Webkinz), I named it "leet" plus my middle and last initial. That was around 2006. I still use this username because it's unique, quick to type in, and I feel it accurately represents my entire history online.

I love Kill La Kill, so my username is always Life Fiber Infused, but it was too long for this forum so i shortened it to Life FIber

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom