• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

A slightly long and complicated one here...

Years ago I contemplated joining Bulbagarden and other Pokémon-related forums, so I needed a username. Typhlosion was/is my favorite Pokémon, and I preferred its Japanese name - Bakuphoon - because it somehow just sounded better as a username. But then I realized that there were other Bakuphoons floating around in the Pokémon community, so I needed a little twist for my version of the name.

So why InfiniteBakuphoon, then? Well, at the time, I was becoming acquainted with video game music from old systems such as the NES, Game Boy, etc. I was especially fascinated with 8-bit/chiptune remixes made with programs such as Famitracker, so I downloaded Famitracker myself and planned on making a YouTube account to post remixes of my own. Of course, I needed a name for that... and then I realized that if you take the number eight, flip it on its side, and flatten it, it looks similar to an infinity symbol, so... yeah. Bakuphoon + Infinity symbol = InfiniteBakuphoon.

That YouTube account ended up never being made, since my ambitions exceeded my actual ability as an arranger at the time. I passed on joining the forums, too. But I decided to keep the name in case I ever changed my mind, so here I am now as InfiniteBakuphoon!

My Nick doesn't have any meaning. I think i first heard it in my dream so it's destiny i think?

LETTUCE DELVE INTO THE MYSTERIES CONCERNING MY NICKNAME OF CHOICE
-I did not choose the "sky" part because I wanted to be cheesy (although I do love cheese)--I put it in because I always get distracted by the sky (among other things; my head is always "in the clouds"), and my Zodiac [Gemini] element is Air, so that sealed my decision. Also, it sounded pretty cool alongside Lucario.
- Lucario is one of my favorite Pokémon. Duh. xD

Last edited:
I chose the username Carl Grimes because that's the name of the character I most relate to from any series ever. Connecting with said character has enabled me to better deal with some things that I'm currently facing. I have built up my inner strength and my confidence through this character, and so I have taken on his name.

Gengar is obviously Gengar. Somewhat surprisingly, this isn't a deliberate blend of Gengar and Godzilla.

I chose this name for a Pokémon Roleplay once upon a time, as a villainous Gengar in opposition to a Lucario known as the Aura of Justice (Cliché, I can admit now). They were played by a friend whom I have since unfortunately lost contact with.
Although those days are over now, I've become attached to the name enough to use it in here, Bulbapedia, Pokémon Showdown, Smogon's forums, and other places. It's pretty much an online identity now.

After being a lurker for many many many years I decided to try to actively participate in these forums about 3 years ago I think.. I actually still can't believe this name wasn't taken before

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

The upcoming game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Also, because I have a rather painful past on this forum.

Well it started 9 years ago (in 2007), I had moved back to the UK from Cyprus (for only a year and a half before returning to Cyprus again). I was looking at schools in the area with my Dad that I could go to, and they were all full, we thought it was weird at first but then realised how much the UK had changed since we left the first time (immigration ect), so I found one (that last one with a few places left) - Harrow High School - very ghetto, very chavy, very......... well, let's say the kids were all on the same page, except me... I never fit in anywhere except with the girls that would talk to me (mainly out of sympathy) at lunch times ect.

At this time in my life, I was so thankful for Pokémon.. I would come home, mostly after having bad days or bad experiences with bullies, and could also never speak to my Dad about it (I was dealing with my sexuality at the time, and I was being bullied for that reason exactly, it was awkward for me at that age to talk to my Dad about it). I found a chatroom, on XAT called Pokémonandfriend on a Piczo site (that was the craze back then), and I found my happiness.

Everyone on the chat was so welcoming (even if I was a complete stranger to them), and they took me in. I could talk to anyone, be myself, and have fun with Pokémon, the sites we made (and this was around the time DP got released so we all just got into online battling too). The owner of the chatroom was a girl named Tori, and she helped me through some of thee most difficult times as a teen, we would talk for hours on the DS voice chat on Diamond & Pearl, even if it was a random conversation. She told me I needed a name, even if it was just for the chatroom, and everyone on their mostly had a favourite Pokémon that gave inspiration for their username.

I thought for days about what my favourite Pokémon was... I eventually came up with Electrifying-Jolteon, and from there came the nickname Jolty, and then Jolty94... but the nickname is so much closer to my heart for all the reasons stated above. I'm 22 now, that was 9 years ago, and I'm so thankful for everyone who helped me through those times, and I would do the same for others in that situation. You are never alone in the world, and there's always someone going through a similar or worse situation. So thanks Pokémon for saving my childhood :p

Fourth graders at my elementary school do this thing called Indian Day (as in Native Americans). Each of us had to think of an Indian name for ourselves, but we couldn't use names of real Indians (like Sitting Bull). I came up with "Swift Fox." I decided to revive last September.

I wasn't particularly creative at age nine, so I just ripped the name from the children's story Stone Fox. It wasn't until 14 years later that I learned the swift fox was a real animal.

A friend of mine decided I need a cute nickname and came up with Kit Chan. Kit is short for Kitsune and also means baby fox in English and Chan is a Japanese honorific for children and endearing people, particularly young women, so the nickname has the meaning of endearing fox girl. Plus, as a cook I like that it sounds similar to kitchen.

Mine's the name of my own Pokémon region for which I had a spriting project for when I joined BMG in 2010!

Don't really have a particular reason. Juli comes from my real name, Julia, and "ko" is the Japanese word for child, and I just wanted to try something new after sticking with Firechick for so long.

Well my name was sort of inspired from a dream I once had, and also from the saying, 'fraction of one's self'. I won't really go into depth why, but it seems fitting and okay for me.

My username's inspiration is pretty simple. The word Harry comes from the name I assume while playing Pokémon games (still not my real name), and ghost, my favorite Pokémon type.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom