• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

I love Inigo from Fire Emblem, basically! I identify with him quite a bit so being associated with him makes me quite happy. ;u;

Omega - Omega Ruby, the game I was playing when I made this today
Blazer - Blaziken changed to make it sound 'cool'.

oh, lord. this username is essentially a massive throwback to my name when I originally joined the forums; it's an amalgamation of the word "pokemon" and my name, "molly". I was 10 when I joined, hence the lack of creativity... but hey, people recognize it so it'll stick.

An online friend back in 2013 was calling me "Zexy-chan" because I liked Yugioh ZEXAL. It was short, and it stuck.

Well, originally I went by Ryuutakeshi because I needed a name for my high school and I liked Dragon Warrior so I took two japanese words and mashed them together. Even though I left the club after a month I was already using the name on forums. And then I kept using it for another decade.

Falconwing is a more fitting name I think for me. It was the title I gave to a character I wrote up in basically the same month I came up with Ryuutakeshi. Yet Falconwing has endured since then and been expanded on. My Avatar is a commission I got done of Tannen Falconwing, and I decided to do the switch at that time.

Flowers are just about my favourite thing ever, just love em. So pretty. *_* I don't like choosing favourites either, so when I go by Flower on forums or other sites, I don't tend to pick a specific flower name. Just "Flower", or if that's taken, "Flowers". If both are taken, then I'll go with one of my favorite flowers, or Zektzer, how I'm known on other sites like DA. =')

Well, I wanted Juno, mostly because of the Aeneid, but sadly that was taken... So I settled for Aphrodite. She's my favorite Greek deity, probably, so I was happy with it.

Oooh, I can comment on this thread now that I've changed my name! I finally decided that "Jack Pschitt" is too 14-year-old for me nowadays. Years ago, I was having these same thoughts and I asked people to propose a classier alternative. @Kakuna Matata; suggested "Cap'n Jack", so credit is due to her. I'm not sure why that was the only one I remembered all these years later, I guess it must have been the one I liked the most. Now, here we are!

For the first half (Matrix), I had in mind a long time ago on another gaming website to use the word Matrix as a name since it sounds cool.

As for Chap, this'll be a story.

My bro has the game Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and in the town is was a deer named Erik.

One day, as I was playing it, he walked up and asked if he could call me "chap" as a nickname, like the British do. So I said yes.

Another day I played The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and began a game with the name Chap.

Since then I have put the two words together as MatrixChap.

It's actually kind of a lame story...

A full decade ago at the ripe age of 13, I was well in to my journey of amateur (and tacky) web design. Rather than pursue mastery of the technologies, though, I was more interested in getting some sweet, sweet page views. My latest and greatest scheme was to create a page that offered free downloads of my favorite songs!

I should mention that my tech knowledge was a bit unbalanced, and despite being able to design and publish horrible web pages, I had no idea how to rip CDs. So, my beautiful collection of music was assembled by plugging in some earbuds into my Walkman, holding one of them up to the built-in PC microphone, and letting it rip in Windows sound recorder. The clarity and stunning dynamic range that resulted from this state-of-the-art process produced encodings that were like no other. Of course, to distinguish myself, I also saved copies that were played back at 2x speed and with a raised pitch. Every song had an accompanying sped up version...you know, in case you were in to that.

The only thing that I needed to complete my masterpiece was a catchy name that would stick in the minds of my numerous patrons. It had to have some tie back to the purpose of the page, and I was shooting for something alliterative as well. I also decided it needed to incorporate some sort of creature that would be used as the site mascot. I spent some time doodling in MS Paint, and somehow settled on a snake wearing headphones as the face of my empire. From that, the name of the website was born...Serpent Sounds.

I decided to use a form of that as my screen name, to better promote my wonderful creation in various chat rooms and communities across the web. Though business was obviously booming, I mysteriously abandoned the project after a short time...however, the screen name persisted on my existing accounts. To make things easy and consistent, I continued using it as I joined new websites and communities. Fast forward 10 years, and you'll now find the remnants of my adolescent adventures still defining my online presence.

I do have a handful of accounts, created in more recent years, that use the screen name "Railgunning". That's simply a not-so-secret reference to a certain electrifying middle-schooler.

Mine is just cause I'm terribly uncreative. Waaaaaaaay way way back when (in high school, around 1990-2001) I was a huuuuuuuuuge Gundam Wing fangirl. I had a ton of the model kits that I put together (sadly don't have any of them anymore. IIRC, my boyfriend at the time stole them. Well, the ones my bitch roommate didn't step on, anyway), had watched Endless Waltz to the point where I could recite the entire thing by memory (can't do this anymore), knew all the details of Episode Zero, etc.

One of the pilots is Chang Wufei. His wife was this kickass chick named Meilan, who nicknamed herself Nataku after a protection god. He had no interest in fighting or anything so when the colony came under attack she jumped into a mobile suit and tried to defent the colony. Long story short, Wufei had to join the fight and Meilan died saving him. This changed him forever into the character he is in the series. Wufei nicknamed his Gundam "Nataku" after her, but its original name is Shenlong, which means "dragon" in Mandarin. So. Dragon Nataku. Uncreativity at its finest~ (and, of course, being super-creative, I still use the same username/gamertag more than a decade and a half later)

@Serpentsounds; Fitting, because snakes don't have ears. #roasted

Is there any way I can get my hands on those sick music files by the way?
Unfortunately, not only the have those mythical recordings been lost to the ages, but along with them went the original, one-of-a-kind piece of fine art that was the snake logo. It's arguably one of the greater tragedies of our time, and my carelessness is partly to blame. I can't do much to atone...the best I can offer present day would be live a cappella renditions upon request, which I dare say would be unforgettable experiences, for better or for worse.

My favourite animals are turtles, and Torterra is one of my favourite Pokémon. He's the Continent Pokémon, so he's a ContinentTurtle :p

Whenever someone who isn't into Pokémon asks me, I just say it's from the myths of a turtle carrying the world on its back. Still Torterra :p

Can't recall how I came up with it, except that it was founded sometime around high school (2005-2007) when I would write a lot. Almost took it on as a pseudonym.

Hm. An old thread I haven't posted in. Let us fix this.

My name originates from a combination of the letter "A", which is the first letter of my real name and my favorite letter, scarlett, and crimson. This became Arilett, which was changed to Arylett because that was a better spelling. It is meant to symbolize the one thing that has defined me throughout my entire life when everything else has constantly shifted - my deep connection to the color red. Since I was a child, that is the thing I have known with the most certainty. That I absolutely adore that color and use it to represent myself no matter what. There are no questions, and there has never been any doubt. Such an immutable aspect of my identity is perfect to represent me. This name was created 11 years ago, although I only started using it regularly everywhere 9 years ago. Yes, I've been Arylett that long. I don't plan on being anything else.

As for Charnoa, that was more recent, around seven years ago. I needed a shorter handle from the one I was using (which was Arylett Dawnsborough) and I added Charnoa as a middle name. It was just kind of a random combination of words not so meaningful, save for the fact that it had to start with the letter "C." An old friend and I were talking about Charmander, and they were telling me that I reminded them of one, and I combined that with one of my favorite characters who I constantly used as an avatar; Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII. I only shifted to using Arylett Charnoa from Arylett Dawnsborough just one or two years ago.

My intent with this name is to create feasible second name that looks like it could actually be a real name, rather than a meaningless, disposable internet handle. A way to express my identity here, on my own terms, and for people to more easily remember who I am and what to call me. I think I've succeeded very flawlessly in this endeavor, far better than I could have imagined.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom