• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

I've been using the name Falcon all over the internets since I was the biggest nub in this series of tubes. As you can guess, on any popular forum the name Falcon will already be in use, so I'll either stick "Red" in front of it, or put numbers at the end of it. *shrug* Falcons are cool birds.

I have a tendency to come up with really lame nicknames for my Pokemon, so when I caught an Elekid, I just tossed some random letters from "Electivire" and "Electabuzz" together in a random mess and got "Vibuze."

Which I decided was cooler than it probably is, so I used it as a username. As for SG, my usernames always use that. It used to stand for Shy Guy, on account of how I was once obsessed with that Mario character, and that I'm a rather timid guy in real life. But after a while, people just started calling me SG (Shy Guy was too long), and it kinda lost its meaning. So I tacked it to the end.

Exciting stories, I know... ^_^

From Wikipedia:

A knife with a double-edge, the Æsahættr possessed one edge of keen steel, which could cut through any physical material. The other edge was even sharper, extending to a point so fine that the eye could not see it. This edge was able to search out gaps in the fabric of space and thus cut through the fabric of the universe and into others, referred to in the books as other worlds.

I just think that it is the most awesome concept ever imaginable. I removed the special symbols for 3 reasons:
- To make it easier for people to quote (unnecessarily apparently).
- To save time logging in.
- To save myself from nick hassle whenever I go on the chat.

EDIT: And because I realised these three are irrelevant, I went to change it back. Apparently since I changed it, Æsahættr does not meet the admins standards.

Last edited:
Well, Jirachi is my favorite Pokemon.
1. It's a Psychic type.
2. It's a Steel type.
3. It's able to grant wishes.

And because I like making people happy, even though most people ignore me.

0802 - My birthday.

Æsahættr, I'm pretty sure the forum doesn't allow you to change back to any previous names...

Matthew Lloyd stems from the fact the captain of the Essendon Bombers is the man himself.

My short-lived very long username MontyPanesarsFlyingCircus replace Monty Python with the name of a cricketer.

The Huss came from another cricketer's name, as did Glinn Mgraw, which I use virtually everywhere.

Nickname from middle school - everybody came unprepared for class except me. When it came time to do assignments, I handed out paper. The name stuck.

Æsahættr, I'm pretty sure the forum doesn't allow you to change back to any previous names...
I'm assuming this is a new feature, because a while ago, I once changed my name to I Я Smrat then changed it back to Kthleen. Now I know never to change my name again....

Why do I use it? Because I've been using it, so I've gotten used to it, so using anything else would be weird.

Last edited:
Mine is a reference to the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King (along with my sig). Hooray for Arthur Eld!

I've been using the name Luna Tiger for...god, 12 years? But I do the name/avatar bounce when the desire hits me. Currently named after the character Ianto Jones from Torchwood. Team's general administrator in mangement, clean-up, vital provisions, and 'keepsaking', boss's boy-toy, and model for all suit-wearers/lovers everywhere. =3

im square because i like squares. Also because I got tired of being pop_tart.

Kater named me pop_tart on irc.

anywhere else i'm keroberos324, cuz i like CCS :D

Mine is Shinx3000, the 3000 was just randomly there, but the Shinx is because I like Shinx, well I thought so, but I realised it was Luxray I liked so my name really should be Luxray3000, but shinx3000 seems better.

Well, Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon, and I'm just a big freak, so that's how the name Umbreon Freak came to be.

My favorite anime character is Mondo so I wanted to use his name as my username. But I like to use the same username at all places that require one and on some Mondo was taken. Therefore I stuck TR on since it wasn't taken. It should be obvious but for those who don't know, the TR stands for Team Rocket.

Well, a long ago (exatly 6 years), I made an account in a Pokémon forum using "Raichu" as my username. Through that forum we used to meet each other to play game boy. So they started to call me "Rato" (because Raichu is a rat, duh), but on the internet, they mixed both and started to call me "Ratochu". And I enjoyed it :)

Uhm, well I'm a big fan of Fox in the SSB series and the Dashing part just comes from the motion he makes when you use his >B(Fox Illusion).

"Coon" is the beginning part of my nickname that most people I meet come to call me (and if you've ever traded with me in D/P, you'll know what that is), and "tank" is part of Skuntank, my favorite Pokemon. So logically, I put them together. The exclamation point is just for pizazz haha.

Syaoran Li was always my favorite character in Card Captor Sakura, my all time favorite Anime.

And Azure, well... I like the color blue o_O;

My username is one that I've had almost my entire life. My initials are P.A.K., and my aunt added the "Man" when I was about a year old. I used to go by various different names which were mostly variations on my first name of Peter. About five years ago, I settled on PAK Man when I joined another forum, and now it's the name I use on almost every forum I go to, although there are some where I don't use this name.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom