• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Well, my previous name was Endolise. Personal confession, I have an almost synaesthesia-like relationship with words (and other things, but that's beside the point), so certain words will have a particular texture or "flavor" in my mind. I actually designed the name Endolise in line with this; I wanted something that felt... wooden, or oak-like. But it also feels very old-fashioned. Combining those flavors gives it something fairy tale-esque, and I thought the balance of consonant and vowel was satisfying.

Esserise came about simply because I wanted a flavor change. It's supposed to be more fiery, more modern, and... wispier, to contrast my other name's passive, historic, wooden feel. I also wanted something that sounded more feminine than my previous name. It took a little while to come up with a structure that I liked while still maintaining the same number of syllables and working within the same framework of beginning and ending sounds, but making it distinctly different to the ear. But I am happy with it.

I don't expect any of that to make a lot of sense to anybody whose brain doesn't process words as weirdly as mine does. :p

I could explain, but I doubt many people would want to hear it.

Let's just say I went walking into the shadows one dark night, seeking a truth about the ever-present light. And I learned the old names have not lost their power after all, but merely sit back and wait for someone to realize it is under a different mask we give them a call.

So Ebail was a rl nickname I got back in high school from some friends. Some people know the reason behind it being that name.

Me and some friends were sitting at lunch, and one of my friends just called me Ebail out of nowhere, and so after giving it a bit of thought I said I liked that name. When I went to join BMG in 2010 I had been thinking of what username to come up with, and Ebail had just crossed my mind so here I am much later still using it for all my online stuff.

WolfeyStar is basically who I am online. So I just brought it here before someone else took it away from me.

The reasoning? It's based on "wolf" which happens to be my favorite animal. The "star" part was just a random addition, though maybe my interest in the Warriors series at the time influenced the "star" part. Either way, it's just kind of a random name.

My username is my name, and I like my name, so I wanted it to be my username. :U

It's my real name, and it gives me flexibility on my profile. Kakashi Hatake used to mean I could only have a Kakashi theme. Now I can have any theme.
giphy.gif

"Peekaboo Pikachu" came about because there is a famous skier (sp?) from the place I live whose name is pronounced "Peekaboo" (spelled differently though). I added "Pikachu" because I like how similar it is to the word "Peekaboo".

The only thing that sucks is that now I'm restricted to making my avatars Pikachu-themed, whereas my actual favorite Pokemon tends to change depending on my moods. I know it's possible to change your username but I haven't seen that option on my profile yet. :cry:

I know it's possible to change your username but I haven't seen that option on my profile yet. :cry:
I believe you need to be a member for at least 1 or 3 months, and username changes are locked for 3 or 6 months before you can change again.

My username means "Wolf of God" in Latin. It also comes from the Powerwolf (my favourite band) album of the same name.
And I can assure you my name has nothing to do with the lupus disease (if any of you were thinking that).

I'm what I'd consider pretty chill and worry-free in general (doesn't mean I don't have my fair share of concerns). I was even less worrisome back when I joined the forums, so yeah. I would probably go with something else if I were to join now, but noworry just sticks too well.

It's a long story.
So me and my sister both like Smash Bros. and one time we were playing with my friend on Wii U. We were doing a Coin Battle (rip) and my sister would always use the name "COINRAINER" for them. She selected the name, and my friend misread it and asked her, "Why did you name yourself 'Contrainer'?" We all laughed and I changed my name on SSB4 to "CONTRAINER". It became my username on many sites.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom