• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Soooo this one actually has some story to it, surprisingly enough!

I was talking with a friend from another site and I wanted to change my username to something that more accurately reflects my personality more. Given that I love colours and colourful things, I settled on "colors", but said friend is European and he was not having it with the Americanised version of the word so he highly suggested the UK/European version instead and lo and behold, colours is born.

I've used this spelling for so long now that "colors" just looks weird to me. xD

Turtonator is my favorite Pokémon and I wanted my username to reflect that, however I’m not a fan of the name Turtonator and I didn’t want to tie my account to a specific Pokémon, so I based my username on one of Turtonator’s most noticeable traits.

Came from "lapis" (a blue gemstone) and the Japanese word for sky, "sora".

I created my username last year on another forum, it's basically Pikachu and Pokedex put together.

It’s the name my wife and I came up with for making Let’s Plays together! Might be too subtle, though. Most of the time when people read it, they read it as “counseling.”

Lightning and fire are two phenomena I find fascinating, and Blast was a way to wrap it up with a cool word.

I find it kinda silly nowadays, but I grew attached to it so I used it for this account.

It's the romanisation of an anime character's name I stole when I was in the market for a new username some number of years ago.

Here's the long story short of it

It's a reverse of the name of this guy.
image.png.d83cb24dbb8d39a7994975df64ab2fff.png

This is Pete Riske.

He is uncannily unlucky due to supernatural influence that he refuses to aknowledge. However, the curse on him also dictates that when things are at their worst he'll have unexpected strokes of good luck. And through it all he's super chipper and optomistic. He's one of my personal heroes.

He's from a game called sentinels of the multiverse which you can check out Here.

It also has a video game version which is the same as the card game but it's a video game so you don't have to buy the physical products and wait for them to arrive and then have them take up shelf space and then never play them because your friends aren't interested.

If you don't want to buy the card game or have bought it and want to know about the lore of the game check out the podcast Here. It's made by the game's artist and writer Adam and Christopher (respectively) and tells you a lot about the story behind the game. There's actually a hella lot of lore.

Finally, there will be an RPG coming out based on the card game that takes place in one of the two timelines that branch off after OblivAeon which is the final expansion of the card game and is about the end of the multiverse. There is also a tactics game with a base set that takes place in the other timeline but hasn't had any other expansions come out due to it being heavily reworked

Sory about all the advertising but I just really love this game and am very passionate about it and want to share it with you all.

Okay, maybe that's not the long story short. I already had this written out on another forum so I copied it to here.

It comes from オーキド (ōkido) — as in, the JP name of the Oak family, y'know, from Pokémon. (e.g. オーキド・シゲル、オーキド博士 etc). It's sometimes romanized in English as "Orchid".
The more you know!

I never knew how to pick a username, since I had no cultural awareness. So I looked around at probably the first forum I registered at and there was this dude with a name, had to do with horses. And...that's it.

The next forum I registered at I did "Clip Clop II" lol. Sorry, zero imagination...

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom