• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

LMAO OK… this is a fun story and this thread is my excuse to tell it, —and the only way to tell you how I got to this alias is by giving you a breadcrumb trail of my internet life. So first and foremost, all my online aliases have been different colors, which is… interesting because this was not the intention.

But anyway, back when I was pretty young and at that age you probably shouldn’t be online, I went by the name Red after Red from Pokespe (god I loved pokespe), because my best friend from childhood went by the name Blue (because we read the english version, ‘Gary’ was Blue of course.) So when we traversed the internet together that was how we went. Later on though, I got more and more into my art and started going by ‘Aqua’ the name of my persona that was a Lugia Gijinka.

I went by Aqua for a lot of my early teens, but then I got super into a particular anime called K Project… And had a deep, deep attachment to Yashiro Isana, the same way I loved Allen from D.Gray-man LOL (not a husbando feeling mind you, I don’t really know how to describe it, I call them my kids LOOOL.) So I started to go by Shiro in reference to Yashiro’s own nickname… Shiro!

I liked associating myself with the color white more than aqua, I think because in media it’s usually portrayed as a color of purity, a blank slate, something unfamiliar and untouched. I felt it represented me because I wanted to hold onto the person I was, but I was a blank canvas, waiting to paint my own path, kinda thing. Also, well, it just is nice and princess-y feeling, and that’s what I wanted to be! LOL…

But as I got older ‘Shiro’ sounded a bit too rigid for me, it didn’t carry enough femininity to it, and with a lot of French heritage in my bones well… Blanc was my choice! I’m aware that my spelling of the word is actually the masculine form of Blanche in French. But to be honest… Blanc just sounded more feminine to me personally! It portrayed the gentle nature I wanted to get across. It wasn’t influenced by Emmet at all actually, but he probably helped me come to the conclusion that white was the color to represent me as I got older LOL.

So yes… there you have it, from Pokemon trainer Red, to a Lugia, to another anime character altogether and… to a Subway Master I suppose!

when i was younger i had a lot of usernames like the one i currently have, my most infamous being chibighost (remember that era?). i liked the macabre mixed with the cute. i always loved ghosts and to associate myself still with ghosts, but distance myself from some of the baggage i had when i did go by chibighost (i was in a bad headspace often, and i would take that out on other people, i was not a nice person), i decided to go by toastedghost after an old youtube video of a song about a ghost that would take toast.
yeah.

I think I've posted here before but it was so long ago, I might as well post again since there is a bit of history attached to my username.

So I was an editor on Bulbapedia before I started to seriously post on the forums, and for Bulbapedia I chose the name Blazingfist (which is still my name over there). I honestly don't remember why exactly; I'm just not terribly creative with names but I've loved Fire-types and Blaziken in particular since I was young. Teenage me just probably thought it sounded cool.

Well sometime after that I started using the forums and went by the name of Mr. Blaze, I probably wanted to go a bit different for the forums while still remaining recognizable. I eventually changed that into Shiny Blaze because I was really into Shiny collecting back then.

And then finally, when I joined Bulbagarden staff, I changed my name to Neo Blaze, since I felt at the time it kind of signified a new era for me on this site. It's kind of ironic since I've gone by this name for more than 8 years by now, so there's not much 'new' about it anymore. But eh.

Mine is one of those that has basically my entire internet life tied to it. In 2016, my parents finally allowed me to make a roblox account after I had been playing as a guest for a year or so. I was 12 at the time, and I was big into characters with fire power (Namely Kai from Ninjago) and decided to roll with EpicFireDUDE30, with 30 being my birth year ('03) backwards. (I also really liked my capital letters.) I roll with that for several years, had an extremely mediocre youtube channel under that moniker, but as time goes on my interests shift and come 2018 I'm really into cars, namely Chevrolet and GM. I've found this site called GMAuthority, a blog with GM news and I'm checking it pretty regularly. I eventually decide I'd like to participate in the comment sections because that's just how I roll. Now at this point, wolves were my favorite animal (I unfortunately do not remember where that all started) and so I decided that for my GMAuthority name I'd need something more topical than my roblox name, so I create the name Chevywolf30, keeping the 30 at the end as kinda my signature flare. That was all for a while, I lost interest in GMAuthority because while it was interesting, a lot of the news was just frustrating so I moved on. Come August of 2019, I am making a Discord account, again I don't remember how that came about, and by this point I was definitely tired of the epicfire name, so I decide to pull out Chevywolf30. From then on out, whenever I created an account, Chevywolf30 was my go to.

I needed a username to sign up for Moshi Monsters, turned to my mother for a suggestion, and she came up with 'pokemoll', a portmanteau of 'Pokemon' (my favourite thing, ever, of all time) & 'Molly' (my name). I liked it enough to continue using it on the other sites I signed up to around the same time, and it stuck in certain places. No, she didn't teach me very much about internet privacy, lmao. x)

As a kid I generally didn't really have a defined alias I used for the internet, I would come up with something new for any place I joined. When I was like, ten or so, though I decided I really didn't care for one of my aliases because it felt childish to me, so I decided to change it, and wanted to have something more "mature" sounding... so I slapped together two words that I thought sounded like they had that vibe, without really considering representing myself.

It quickly became my default for everything I joined, and even though I don't really feel like it particularly represents me anymore (or really ever did), I don't hate it enough to try to come up with something better, so it's stuck around.

Bismuth is my favorite element, and as for the "84" part, I think it came from the fact that either "Bismuth83" was unavailable here or I mistyped. It ended up working out fine, though, because 1984 is when the original Transformers cartoon came out, and I'm a Transformers fan.

So Claire is my name! It comes from the french word "clair" which means "clear", "bright", "light" etc depending on the context. The 'e' makes the name feminine and believe it or not most girls names that are of a french origin end in 'e'.

As for the numbers in my name they... mean nothing. I just use the letters "386" because back when I first needed to think of a username on the spot to sign up for a game I used to play I couldn't just use "Claire" because it was taken and I'm terrible at thinking of good usernames for myself! I also couldn't use numbers like 1 or 2 after my name because those were all taken as well.

Fun fact: The word éclair means flash of lightning but I'd never expect a non-french speaker to know that such a tasty treat could have such an ominous name-

it came from a video of a song i used to watch all the time. also to me it kinda mixes my personality today with the ghost, and my personality back when i first joined with the toast (those who knew me back then know i made countless jokes about food and such)

It's my name ¯\(ツ)/¯, the Japanese character ッ is the katakana for "Tsu", but in terms of my name it's literally just there to be a smiley face :p

"Chidamari Sketch" is an image boards meme term that is essentially a nickname for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The character designer of PMMM: Ume Aoki, previously was the creator of anime/manga series Hidamari Sketch/Sunshine Sketch, which was a regular "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" slice of life involving art students. Owing to Madoka Magica's surprise deconstructive nature, "Chidamari" actually means "pool of blood"

This handle originally coincided with me using characters from the show as avatar/signature motifs. I haven't really themed the franchise much since then, nor really actively caught up much, but simultaneously me just sticking with the name, people more-or-less clinging to said handle as well and it fitting with my usual thematic sensibilities (I have a predilection for cute/scary dichotomic themes); it's sorta stuck on to the point that I don't think I can ever replace it.

Last edited:
Dreary_Rowlet is a username I've been planning to use for a long time before the Bulbaforums, although I ended up using it for this because of it's relation to Pokemon! (pretty obvious why)
Rowlet is one of my favorite Pokemon since I've been introduced to Pokemon, I remember being so obsessed with it, drawing it and buying so much merch of the potato owl! The Dreary part is because I liked how it sounded.

I've thought of changing it though, but I feel like it's too iconic to change lol

A few years ago, I wanted to make an animation YT channel, and went with the name CatzAnimated for quite a while, since I like cats a lot, and animated should explain itself to say I wasn't very creative would be an understatement. Eventually, I realized I probably wouldn't be able to make this channel come into fruition since I knew little to nothing about animation back then, so recently I've dropped the "animated" part and the name Catz just stuck with me.

I don't reminder if if I actually commented here before, so here it is just in case :

Back when Super Smash Bros. Brawl was all the rage, I liked playing with Ivysaur despite being arguably the absolute worst character overall (which couldn't really be tiered as such since it was Pokémon Trainer who was tiering here, and Squirtle + Charizard's performances were okay, especially the former). Herbizarre happens to be the french name for Ivysaur. You do the math !

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom