• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: The Etymology of Your username

Shiron is the name of a character from the manga series Legendz. When I first read the series, I really liked it, and I started using the name. Since then, it's just been one of the names I've stuck with.

Mine is named after the most mysterious occurrence of my childhood. Even know that I know what it actually is, I still get chills when I encounter the enigma that is the missingno.

I see you aren't providing an explanation to your Username , 1337 ....

My username comes from the first Greek letter, Alpha (is that it?), and Totodile, my favorite Pokémon. duh.
But I'm going to have my name changed soon.

Ha ha this is a bit of a trip down memory lane. This little story starts around May 2005

The name is based from a scene in the futurama episode "Hell is other robots." 1ACV09

At one point in the episode Bender (how had found religion) and the group at at Elzar's restaurant. They are about to eat an bender interrupts them wanting to say robot grace. While babbling on he says "To quote 'The Prophet Jerematic'" and proceeds to talk in binary.

When i saw that i thought the name was awesome. I was playing Ratchet and Clank at the time so when i went to join the Insomniac Games Community Forums and needed a name i chose "The Prophet Jerematic"

Eventually when i wanted to create my own email account i wanted to use 'The Prophet Jerematic' The only problem was i didn't want spaces in my email so i shortened it to 'TPJerematic'

for the most part i have been using that for any and all of my internet adventures.

(There is an exception to this. For a few things i use Homestarrunner from the web toon.)

I was looking to find foreign equivalents of my name. Had no luck so I tried an alternate spelling and found "Iteru", the Ancient Eqyptian name for the Nile. Have always wanted to go to Egypt and Iteru just appealed to me.

Plus I later checked it and it means "to freeze" in Japanese, which magnified my love of it.

My new name combines my two favorite SSBB characters-Luigi and Sonic. Simple enough.

Tina's just a name I like. I think I started using it on the Internet since I was... 8 or 9? Ever since then I've used the name Tina on most of the forums I'm active on, and use it as my main IRC nick.

Other names I go under are Raina.. which is a typo that I made on my Platinum (I mistook the Katakana "ra" for "te", and forgot to make the "i" small XD), which I never realized that I mispelled it until like... the second gym and was way too assed to restart it.

Another one I go under is Szayzel which.. um, actually, I have no idea at all how I came up with it.

Last one is Teener, which is a nickname that one of my old friends from Bulbagarden Paintchat gave me... and now I find everyone calling me that. XD

My username references the fact that I enjoy Pokemon, and the fact that I am essentially royalty in terms of being great.

meh, being great isn't so hard. being AWESOME, on the other hand, is something you have to work at.

I just got slapped in the face by my brother, and I was in a really good mood the day I chose my name.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom