• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reboot: Favorite Ending Credits?

Favorite ending credits

• RGBY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GSC

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • RSE

• FRLG

• DPPt

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • HGSS

• BW

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • B2W2

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • XY

• ORAS

• SM

• USUM

• LGPE

• SWSH

• Total voters
You know, I praised and (co-)voted for BW in that previous thread, but upon reflection, I think I gave it overdue credit. The music for BW's credits sequence is absolutely epic, don't get me wrong - but the visual component really is just stupendously dull, and I think it's not entirely fair for me to just gloss over that.

Aside from that, my feelings... haven't really changed all that much! B2W2 is still my unambiguous favorite because the music is really poignant, and the "journey back home" scenes are filled with so much character and emotion. Following that, I still really love the credits sequences for SM (more for the visual aspect than for the music, which gets a little repetitive) and XY (essentially the opposite, where the music is the best part, although I do like the stained papyrus concept art visuals. I'm also fond of the musical and visual elements for HGSS's credits, and for the cutscene elements of USUM's credits. ORAS's credits have a very clever technical conceit (keeping track of the specific Pokémon you used at various points in the story), but I'm not so keen on the medley-style music.

The rest I consider serviceable on both fronts, but not particularly compelling.

Platinum, as I love the music theme, and it shows the flashbacks of your journey, too.
I also like Black/White, for the amazing music theme, and HeartGold/SoulSilver for featuring all the important characters in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom