• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent Gaming Purchases

Just finished downloading Klonoa, I'm so pumped to get started on this one. I also found Devil May Cry 5 going for cheap at the store while I was buying the Playstation credit, so I picked that up too, since it's been something I've had my eye on for a while.

I bought Fire Emblem Warriors- Three Hopes a few weeks ago.

Bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition during the steam sale a couple of weeks ago
1657848460753.png

Double dipped and got The King of Fighters 2003 on Switch. I was in the mood to play this one again yesterday, weirdly enough I like this one on the Switch more than I did on the PS2.
didn't know you were a KoF fan, 2003 is kind of rough to unlock the true ending in, but it's proto 11 and 11 is probably the best canon KoF game.

as for me, I purchased a ps1 longbox of nhl shoot out. it's a shitty sports game, yes, but the longbox makes it worth to collect.

Got Digimon Survive. I'm up to the start of Part 2 after the battle with Dokugamon. Also Agumon's first Digivolution for me was Tyrannomon, which meant I've taken the Harmonious route so far. I've also gotten my affinity with Aoi up to 6, while the other two are still at 0 (I wasn't actually trying to raise affinity with only Aoi so far, it just kinda happened with the choices I made). So far so good. I admit I've never played a tactical game like this outside of maybe Fire Emblem Awakening (as I'm not really that big on Fire Emblem) so it's actually kinda refreshing to try something new. And I love the fact that they got Agumon's original VA again, just like in Cyber Sleuth, which really makes Agu feel more alive. While I've only heard his Japanese VA in Cyber Sleuth and not in the original anime (as I'm more of a dub guy, as I like to be able to understand what I'm watching instead of reading subtitles) it still has a very nice tone to it that matches him perfectly. Overall, it was worth the wait, as the game is fun, clever dialog, smart AI, and has a very diverse cast of characters.

Just a question: Is there someone with a Nokia-like voice? Just so I can prepare myself mentally.

Umm... not from what I've experienced thus far. The closest is probably Saki but it's nowhere near Nokia-level (especially volume), as it more reflects her younger age (she's only a first year middle schooler, thus is one of the younger characters). But outside of her and maybe Miu (who is also pretty young but has a slightly more tomboyish female voice) they're about the closest you can get to Nokia yet at the same time can't reach that level by a sizable amount. So you don't have to prepare your eardrums for any Nokia-level attacks.

Umm... not from what I've experienced thus far. The closest is probably Saki but it's nowhere near Nokia-level (especially volume), as it more reflects her younger age (she's only a first year middle schooler, thus is one of the younger characters). But outside of her and maybe Miu (who is also pretty young but has a slightly more tomboyish female voice) they're about the closest you can get to Nokia yet at the same time can't reach that level by a sizable amount. So you don't have to prepare your eardrums for any Nokia-level attacks.
Suddenly, I don't need a dub anymore... Thanks!

I have found Saki to be a rather pleasant character. To me her voice is sweet and enjoyable and, even when she freaks out (practically every character sometimes freaks out in this game), she is far from being nasty like Shuuji or annoying like Ryo. The last one, with his incessant complaining monologues, is, without a doubt, the most tiresome character for me.

OBS: I have that in my gameplay one of the Main Characters --Ryo-- has already died, I wonder if this is plot-driven or if I could have avoided this outcome? I don't want to search the internet and come across spoilers.

Last edited:
I have found Saki to be a rather pleasant character. To me her voice is sweet and enjoyable and, even when she freaks out (practically every character sometimes freaks out), she is far from being nasty like Shuuji or annoying like Ryo. The last one, with his incessant complaining monologues, is, without a doubt, the most tiresome character for me.

OBS: I have that in my gameplay one of the Main Characters --Ryo-- has already died, I wonder if this is plot-driven or if I could have avoided this outcome? I don't want to search the internet and come across spoilers.

Hey, I'm not exactly harping about Saki. Her voice is much easier on the ears compared to others (Rina's English VA in Next 0rder certainly comes to mind). I'm just saying she's probably the absolute closest to Nokia, and even then there's no real comparison between the two. Ryo and Shuuji, on the other hand, are especially annoying, especially since I foresee that Shuuji getting some karmic retribution due to his treatment of Lopmon (granted, I'm only up to the start of Chapter 4 so I don't know for sure, that's just a feeling I'm getting). And no, Ryo's death isn't preventable, at least that's what I've observed. It seems to be story-based, possibly to show the player the consequences of what can happen in this game via a sacrificial lion method. At least that's what it seems like to me. It also has the extra tidbit of changing the title screen, as when characters joins and/or die the title screen changes to reflect that. Interesting detail there.

Caved and bought two item packs in Cookie Run Kingdom.. whoops. But fortunately they only totalled to around $3. :sweats: Definitely refuse to get too into gacha spending again, that's the most I'll do aha.

Back
Top Bottom