• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent Gaming Purchases

Pretty much from a while ago (3-4 months or more) but Super Mario Maker 2 and Minecraft for the Switch.

Managed to nab a phyisical copy of Dragon Quest 5 with everything, the case, the manual, the whole shebang for 100 bucks. Now, that sounds high, but since Nintendo refuses to put the Dragon Quest DS remakes (and really any DS game as far as i know) on the Switch Virtual Console, a lot of games from the 2000s in consoles like the Gamecube and DS have gotten much more expensive in the second hand market. Dragon Quest 5 DS for example goes for 200 bucks minimum, but i got lucky and managed to find a copy for 100 bucks. Now i got the trilogy of Dragon Quest DS remakes.

But again, Nintendo, release the DS games on the Switch Virtual Console. There's an huge library of great games in the DS that many people don't have access to because they only have a Switch and they are not gonna get a 3DS just to play them, if they could pay for those games in the first place, which in many cases they can't.

I bought Muse Dash just a minute ago (this was a few hours ago to be fair, I posted in the wrong thread before accidentally) because it was on sale on Steam ($0.89 instead of $3) and I had enough leftover money? I've tried it before and liked it, and I'm a sucker for rhythm games sooooo why not? It's nice!!

Pre-ordered Hogwarts Legacy Collector's Edition for the PS5. I already pre-ordered the standard version of the game on Switch as mentioned in another game thread, but since the PS5 version releases earlier (next month), I decided to double dip for it. I was really lucky that my local GameStop even had a collector's edition left, so I'm really excited to see the goodies I'll be getting. So excited to finally play this game soon, looks amazing from all the footage shown of the overworld and fights. Already have an idea on my first playthrough on which house and magic I'll go into and use (Hufflepuff using the Dark Arts).

@lisianthus
Given what I know about Puyo Puyo’s, um, unique sense of humor, you and Onee-san are in for one heck of a ride... let’s just say that it really flexes that E10+ rating, haha. And since the language barrier likely isn’t a problem for you, might I suggest that perhaps you try Tsuu, Sun, and 4 one day, too? Many of those versions, particularly the latter two, have unique rules and game setups that are never explored in any future entries again, making them one of a kind.

Oh, and obligatory plug for Easy Come, Easy Golf if you enjoy golf games, which is Everybody’s Golf/Hot Shots Golf from the PlayStation-sphere in literally all but name (thanks, Sony, for driving the developer out of bounds, if you know what I mean!). More of a suggestion than a recommendation since I haven’t actually played it yet, but I’ve played the Sony-backed originals and the most of the reviews suggests that it’s basically that, except on the Switch and at peak form. It’s apparently relatively cheap, too, given what you get. Also note that if you happen to have Apple Arcade, this game is basically a port of that! Proceed with that in mind.
Or, if you happen to have certain Switch firmware and like to have fun with it, perhaps you’d like to try some 1984 Golf instead?

As for me:
Pokémon Legends Arceus and New Pokémon Snap!

A late birthday present to myself!

I mean, the game isn't even out and it's still in the funding campaign, although it has already reached the baseline goal, but I can't wait to play it and share it with you.

Henchman Story, I remember seeing the trailer a while ago, thinking it looked fun, and then just forgetting about it when it came out. Suddenly remembered the other day, so now it's in my Playstation (well probably more likely the hard drive attached to my Playstation) and ready for me when I get to it.

Bought the Metroid Prime remaster. I do have the original gamecube version, but i no longer have a Wii or a Gamecube and either are more expensive even on second hand market and i have to get a TV from myself since i no longer have one in my room (i haven't watched TV in ages). Plus i like the ability of playing one of my favorite games of all time on the go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom