• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent Gaming Purchases

the other captain toad
Reaction score
I got Portal 1 and 2. I need more puzzle-solving games.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Purchased Collection of Mana for Switch yesterday.

I've never played a Mana game before. The Trials of Mana remake looks good, but the Collection is a much better deal for me as a newbie. And a little cheaper.

snombinary rowlesbian
Reaction score
i only have a switch, my latest purchases were:

- animal crossing: new horizons (i've sunk too much time into this game, ahaha)
- okami hd (super charming, never played it before!)
- dark souls (also never played, kinda loving it even though it's hard?)
- spyro: reignited trilogy (for my girlfriend, but i played a lil bit when i got it in a humble bundle)

i've been eyeing trials of mana, i really loved the demo! maybe in a couple weeks...

disgusting.
Reaction score
valkyria chronicles 4 complete edition, castlevania anniversary collection, castlevania requiem, star ocean first departure r, and a single costume for KoF14 (kung fu shun'ei)

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Recently purchased the Trials of Mana 2020 remake (PS4 version), though it'll be a few days before I get it, as my local Gamestop is closed due to the coronavirus, so it's being mailed to me instead. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I decided to give it a chance, along with having seen a lot of Youtube videos on it. Of the cast, Kevin is probably my favorite at the moment (and that's not including the fact that my name is also Kevin) due to his more interesting class-up options and history. Second place, at the moment, is a tie between Hawkeye and Angela (and, no, it's not because she's the Mrs. Fanservice of the game, I just like offensive magic sorceresses a lot, probably because of my love for the Ninas from Breath of Fire 2 and 3). So, as a result, that trio might be my starting party, though I'm not sure which of the three will be the "main" hero of the set just yet. I hope it'll be a good game, as I've been dying for a new game to play in order to keep me from going crazy from boredom from the quarantine.

The Ghost of Tsushima
Reaction score
Persona 5 Royal off PSN. Can't play it yet though since I have assignments due early next month :confused:

Saffron City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Paid for the subscription for FFXIV. It's only a month long subscription; debating renewing it at the end of the month, but I have some time to sort that out. Depends on where I'm at with it/if my friends are still playing it/if I feel like continuing to play it even if they aren't.

Standing Out
Reaction score
Just recently got the Wonderful 101 Remaster and Bug Fables for the PS4. Finished off the story for 101, gonna try some extra stuff like recruiting all 100 Wonderful Ones before putting it away for now. Haven't started Bug Fables yet.

Saffron City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I bought a few skins on League of Legends to treat myself for getting out of Bronze. Can't remember which ones off hand, but it was 4 skins total.

Reaction score
DLC for Street Fighter V:

• Capcom Pro Tour 2016 Pack (includes costumes for Chun-Li, Cammy and Necalli + the Ring of Destiny stage).
  • Capcom Pro Tour 2017 Premier Pack (includes costumes for Ryu, Ken and Guile + the Ring of Pride stage).
  • Capcom Pro Tour 2018 Premier Pack (includes costumes for Akuma, Sakura and Birdie + the Ring of Power stage).
  • Capcom Pro Tour 2019 Premier Pack (includes costumes for Kage, Sagat and Rashid + the Ring of Justice stage).
I refrained from buying the 2020 pack, at least until I know what is the last costume and this year's stage.

Reaction score
Birthday gifts included the Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance novel, Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses and the third Shadow Heats game on PS2 and a 208 in 1 DS cart that's basically a flashcart with 208 games on it (bought it for both the Robot Wars and Fire Emblem game on there since there's no way in the highest reaches of hell I'm coughing up hundreds of pounds for them, no siree).

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Both Wargroove and Squidlits were marked down during the Switch eShop summer sale, so I got them.

Squidlits was just a dollar and I had spare change, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

Reaction score
Both Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Dragon Quest XI are 30% off on the eShop this week, probably the lowest price they'll ever reach

I'm so happy I waited this long for them to be on sale