• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent Gaming Purchases

Back on the way home from Christmas, I stopped at a variety of stores looking for anything that might have been left over after the Christmas rush. Among them, we picked up a variety of accessories for Starlink on the Switch (though in hindsight, the digital version might be ultimately better -- not to mention much cheaper -- since it apparently includes access to a wider variety of accessories than the physical version), but the favorite acquisition is a figurine of classic Spyro the Dragon. Not an NFC figure or anything, but apparently it was a GameStop exclusive and I picked up the last one from the location we stopped at.

The Wii U with Xenoblade Chronicles X (spare me) and four Wii games which were No More Heroes, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Boom Blox and SpongeBob's Truth or Square.

No such luck on the PS4 side this time around.

I decided to try out GameStop’s on-line retro games they have for sale, to take advantage of my Pro Points before my subscription expired. I bought Shadow of the Colossus on PS2, Soulcalibur II on GameCube (the only version anyone who’s anyone buys because it has Link!), Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on Nintendo 64, and Sonic Battle on Game Boy Advance. For those who are curious about the condition of the games:

They all work, but all of them except Shadow of the Colossus needed a little bit of warming up before they started working. I was scared for a few minutes each time that they’d given me a dud, but they all booted up eventually and worked perfectly after that. Both of the cartridge-based games (Turok and Sonic Battle) were loose and the labels were in rough shape, but I expected both of these things, in fact none of my N64 or GBA games have the boxes, so I’m fine with that. Soulcalibur II was also loose, and for a disc-based game I have a problem with it not having a case, since I get really anxious about scratching discs. Shadow of the Colossus had a reproduction case, definitely not the original case it came in, but I appreciate the gesture all the same and it’s a case with cover art, so it’s fine by me.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of what to expect from GameStop when they sell you old games. If you really would like copies that are in good condition with the box and everything, go somewhere else. For me, it was good enough. And now I have four cool games! Okay, maybe Sonic Battle isn’t all that great...

Etrian Odyssey Nexus, it'll get here Feb 5th since I preordered it on Amazon. Kinda sad it's the final send off for EO on the 3ds. :(

Downloaded Dawn of the Breakers on the Switch today, saw that it was free and thought "why not try it out." It's a really cute fun gacha game with brawler combat, the fights are very simple sure but I thought it was a fun game to sink time into, I also like the game board style you move around on. Gonna play some more of it a bit later, I'm kinda hooked on it now lol.

An NES with controllers, zappers, and Super Mario Bros.

Looking into buying more games I 've played (Duck Hunt, Kirby's Adventure, SMB3, Gauntlet) and some I haven't played (Castlevania, Metroid).

Back
Top Bottom