• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent Gaming Purchases

Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition for the PS4. Granted, this is the third time I've bought this game (the original in 2018, the Definitive Edition for Switch sometime this year, and now this version), and I had to make two trips down to my local Gamestop to get it (they had a shipment delay, so it hadn't been delivered yet when I got there the first time), so I know I'm mostly wasting my time and store credit. But since I vastly prefer my Playstations over Nintendo consoles, I had to get it. And it's not the first time I've repeatedly purchased the same game (my collection of Pokemon Platinum are certainly one example, and I do have two Sword versions, along with a few copies of Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS, and at least two copies of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team DS for the, well, DS) so it's nothing new for me at this point.

Also, from what reviewers have said, this version of DQXI has the most content, better graphics, more bonus content, and so on than the previous two versions. Considering that, fresh out of the gate, you get a bonus outfit for Hero (the DQ8 protag's outfit, which was a pre-order bonus from the original game) and a brand new costume for that annoying brat Veronica (you can dress her up as a boar, which, in my opinion, fits her pigheaded personality), along with 5 Skill Seeds and 5 Pep Pops (the latter are very rare late-to-post-game items) they're not exactly wrong. I'm not far, as having to devote two trips down to my Gamestop (along with other errands sandwiched in), so I don't know of some of the other stuff in it yet (though I do know of some of the new costumes, like a ninja-like one for Erik and a devil maid for Serena), I guess I'll just have to play the game for the umpteenth time and see for myself.

Bought Spyro Reignited for myself during the PS4 Black Friday sale. I'd already started playing a while ago, but since my bro got his own PS4 I lost access to the software. No idea when I'll get around to playing it, given that I'm mostly still on Hollow Knight for the moment.

Cadence of Hyrule (Nintendo Switch)

Last edited:
Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition for the PS4. Granted, this is the third time I've bought this game (the original in 2018, the Definitive Edition for Switch sometime this year, and now this version), and I had to make two trips down to my local Gamestop to get it (they had a shipment delay, so it hadn't been delivered yet when I got there the first time), so I know I'm mostly wasting my time and store credit.

Also, from what reviewers have said, this version of DQXI has the most content, better graphics, more bonus content, and so on than the previous two versions.

I really hate Square Enix sales policy around DQXI. The definitive edition would be should be sold as an update (even if paid) for those who already bought the "original" version and not as a full price new game. I bought the standard version already when the definitive version existed for the Switch and I really distasted Square Enix for not updating the PS4 and the PC version. When it launch the Definitive Edition for these platforms as being a new game, I hated the company a little more.

Obs: It looks like the Definive Version is a rip of the switch version, then i don't believe that it has better graphics. I see comparisons with the standard version and its graphics is definitive (lol) worse, especially in density and acurracy.

Last edited:
I really hate Square Enix sales policy around DQXI. The definitive edition would be should be sold as an update (even if paid) for those who already bought the "original" version and not as a full price new game. I bought the standard version already when the definitive version existed for the Switch and I really distasted Square Enix for not updating the PS4 and the PC version. When it launch the Definitive Edition for these platforms as being a new game, I hated the company a little more.

Obs: It looks like Definive Version is a rip of the switch version, then i don't believe that it has better graphics. I see comparisons with the standard version and its graphics is definitive (lol) worse, especially in density and acurracy.

To be honest I wholeheartedly agree. They should've just patched the original PS4 version with DLC instead of going this route. Heck, even if the DLC was paid DLC it would've been worth it instead of the triple release method. But, sadly, that wasn't the case and we ended up almost tripling their profits on the same game. As for graphics, yeah, they're a bit of a downgrade, so the reviewers were wrong there (I'm always skeptical of reviewers, to be honest, as they could possibly be paid to give "good" reviews, plus I hadn't really started the game when I posted last time, so I didn't notice it right then and there), though it's not the worst, as I've seen far worse graphical transitions between consoles before. Still not great, but at least framerates are consistent enough to not ruin things. I've started to get a more negative opinion of Square Enix over time, and this was probably yet another nail in its coffin. A simple DLC (even a paid version) to patch the original would've been more than enough to make the game better without the need for questionable marketing practices. So, yeah, I agree with you on that. A simple patch or DLC would've done the job just fine and would've prevented a need to buy the same game more than once.

Just got Bloodstained and Fate/Extella Link on sale. I thought there wasn't a boxing week sale and I went into the shop just to check on other stuff when I saw Bloodstained for $21 bucks. Gonna start them soon.

Grabbed the following cRPGs during the GOG Winter Sale:

Shadowrun Returns (75% off)
Tyranny - Deluxe Edition (50% off)
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Imperial Edition Bundle (35% off)

All of these for a total of $56.22.

Back
Top Bottom