• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent Gaming Purchases

Hades (Switch), yeah I'm late to getting this, hopefully I find it just as great and fun like I did with Pyre (my favorite of Supergiant Games).
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny (Switch)

Super Monkey Ball Adventure on PSP (Yes, I know the game's meant to be the worst in the franchise but I do remember enjoying the party games so it's at least nice to have it back in the collection), Destruction Derby: Arenas and Zone of the Enders on PS2 and easily the pick of the day Mario Kart: Double Dash on GameCube.

Managed to get Dragon Quest 4 DS for 30 bucks and Dragon Quest 6 DS for 55 bucks on Ebay. The latter seems to be expensive, but in recent times the DS remakes of Dragon 4, 5 and 6 have gotten extremely overpriced in the second hand market. 4 and 6 go around 80 to 100 bucks and 5 is at least 150 bucks.

I bought just the game cart, but i don't care at this point. I ain't paying basically twice the price to just have it with the case and manual. Plus i have some empty DS cases, so i have a place to put them. And i can just print the game cover to put it in the case, so there's that.

I've tried a lot of things over the course of the last year. I tried Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, and it's a nice game. Some of it is surprisingly tricky, but I don't think it's anything that anyone will have too much trouble with, with the exception of trying to get the gems, which are required for progression. The neatest thing about the bonus dlc was the mini worlds themed after levels in Odyssey.

I also tried an indie platformer called Hue, and it's a nice-looking game for certain. It can get tricky, but it can be done with some brain power.

Finally, there is Kirby Star Allies, which I can say I'm glad I finally tried a Kirby game, as with New Pokemon Snap, I've had the most fun I've had in years.

Decided to hunker down and pre-order Pokemon Shining Pearl. I'll pre-order Brilliant Diamond next week when I get my paycheck. I also just bought Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon's Roar.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Hori Split Pad Pro so that I can enjoy Brilliant Diamond without drifting joy cons! Once it arrives I'm going to try sending my original joy cons to Nintendo for repair. (I considered repairing them myself using the cardboard trick, but I don't feel confident fiddling about with screws.)

Recently beat Metroid Dread, with 100% completion! You can read a review I wrote about it here. Overall it was a fantastic experience and, in my opinion, the height of the series so far as a new fan.

Now that Dread is done (though I might try an any% run of Hard mode still yet), I've picked Bayonetta back up; hopefully I'll be able to finish that before BDSP later this month. I also picked up Mario Party Superstars and have played a few rounds of that. It's pretty fun with friends!

I went to Gamestop today to see if there were any Black Friday sales that interested me. I found none, but I did find a physical case of the Star Wars: Jedi Knight Collection, which contains both Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast & Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy in a single package, for the Nintendo Switch for just $30! It turned out to be worth the trip in the end!

Back
Top Bottom