• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recipe Resources

AiedailEclipsed

Poet Laureate
Reaction score
So, guys, where did ya'll get your recipes from? Your grandma's rusty metal Peanuts recipe case? Epicurious?

Personally, I get mine from a combination out of the above. If I'm looking for some fancier stuff, I go with Epicurious, but if I just want a simple family recipe, I go with the Peanuts.

Do ya'll have any interesting stories about where you get your recipes, or just a list of resources (websites, etc) you use for them?

Well this is the background behind my pizza sauce quesadillas.

So one day me and my family were really bored and eating plain cheese quesadillas and it was a storm outside so we couldn't do anything outside.

So what we did was have "contests" on the quesadillas since we all knew how to make one and you could customize it however you liked.

So me being the Italian lover stuck pizza sauce and parsley in my quesadilla.

So BOOM Pizza sauce quesadilla.

I think mine won the contest too :p

what's Epicurious? o_O?

I mainly just make up recipes as i go when making something familiar, making little changes here, adding something new there, switch up cooking styles.. until eventually i've made up an entirely new dish (by my family's standards anyway lol)

Epicurious is a website that has thousands upon thousands of recipes and cooking tips. Good site.

As for where I get my recipes... I get them all from my mum and my grandmum. They're both amazing chefs and they taught me how to cook.

Online or on Food Network or the Cooking Channel or family.

My dad. He's got some serious training from his days working on restaurant software and his backlog is amazing. I usually take his recipes and add or remove spices. Usually the latter, because sometimes he can be too overwhelming in that department. Otherwise, just taking the basics, and through trial and error getting something great.

I'm really mixed.

I do go on websites but I have a Be-Ro book that is my own and has a lot of nice recipes. Also, my mum is someone who gives me her cooking ideas and helps me as well as, I take Food technology as a GSCE option so I learn a lot there.

I get most of my recipes from my mom (who got them from her mother, and some family recipes go back for generations). I'm Latin American on my mom's side, so I come from a family of cooks and healthy eaters. :p Pretty much every woman in my family cooks, and we're all really good at it and have at least one signature dish.

However, one year for Christmas I got Personal Trainer: Cooking for the DS and that's been really helpful too. Usually what I'll do is follow the recipe exactly as it is, but when I'm more comfortable with a dish I'll add my own personal touch to it, like adding more of one seasoning or less of another or substituting an ingredient with one that I like better. I think that anyone who loves cooking should go out and get it because it's easy and a lot of fun to use.

Personally, I have a lot of different resources. My main resource at first being my very own father, since he's a very good cook, and he's actually sat down to teach me how he makes his recipes. Then there are times where I just sit down at restaurants and go, "you know... this is actually really very good. I wonder if I can replicate it in some fashion or another.".... I'm also very fond of experimenting, as Myrddin may confirm. BU Seeing as I've sat him down through my creations as my personal guinea pig. =v= Though, LUCKILY, he's still alive and he's complimented all of my work. =v=b

As for my last resource, I do have my fiance to thank for it. It's got so many lovely recipes, and every time I visit the website, my mouth waters and my eyes definitely grow bigger than my stomach. Food Gawker.

@Shiay : I just got a very interesting screen when I went to that site. Apparently, I did the secret handshake wrong. ^^;

@Shiay : I just got a very interesting screen when I went to that site. Apparently, I did the secret handshake wrong. ^^;

Oh? o3o I'm a bit confused as to what you mean there. XD; I've always gotten copious amounts of food images and recipes every time I visit. * ⌐ *~

Oh? o3o I'm a bit confused as to what you mean there. XD; I've always gotten copious amounts of food images and recipes every time I visit. * ⌐ *~

XD The message I get is literally, I got the handshake wrong. For the full message...

foodgawker
No Soup for You!

Sorry dude, your secret handshake was wrong.

XD The message I get is literally, I got the handshake wrong. For the full message...

foodgawker said:
No Soup for You!

Sorry dude, your secret handshake was wrong.

Fffffffffff-- Wow. XD;; In all the time that I've gone and used the recipes submitted to FoodGawker and browsing around, I've never actually gotten that message. XD;;

I do hope that it still lets you see the food items on there. If not, that would really suck. ;A;;; Because there are a LOT of good and delicious looking dishes on that site. One of my friends that my fiance linked that to was all like, "Damn... this site is God's fucking cookbook right here." XD

Last edited:
It works now :D Yaysies! And oh my God, if it was possible for your eyes to have an orgasm...

I have to add better homes and gardens cookbook to my resource list. My mother digged this out of our old stuff and I was looking for it for ages, and now that I have it I'm on a 90s cooking spree.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom