• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Red/Ash and Blue/Gary

Splinter6

Reaction score
This is a question i have been trying to figure out for days now is Red from the Manga and Video Games he same person as Ash from the Anime.
Heres my evidence,
They Both have a pikachu and the Kanto Starters and A Snorlax,
They both live in Pallet Town
They both are Champions in Kanto
They Look Like each other(Only a few slight differences)
And is Blue from the Games and Manga the same character as Gary
Heres my evidence,
Both live in Pallet Town
Both are Champions
Have most of the Same Pokemon
Both have Daisy as a Sister and Oak as a Grandfather
They Look alot Like each other(Only a few slight differences)
Thats my evidence what did you think

Also, while Pika played a relativly big part in Red's story, he wasn't as importent to Red as Pikachu is to Ash. Red's main Pokemon were Saur and Nyo, from what I understand.

On the subject of Gary/Blue: Least we forget that Daisy was never mentioned in the anime. Also, "Most of the same pokemon?" I think not. Does Gary have a Charizard? No.

It's like Crystal and Marina, but I don't think they are the same.

In yellow version you got the character from the anime (or Yellow). Red and Green are characters from the manga (but Blue is a girl but there are no girls in Blue version, though).

It's like Crystal and Marina, but I don't think they are the same.

In yellow version you got the character from the anime (or Yellow). Red and Green are characters from the manga (but Blue is a girl but there are no girls in Blue version, though).
No, Green is the girl, don't be such a weeaboo.

Green's the boy in the original version. Don't insult other people for their preferences.

Yeah, I like to call her Blue too because Blue is much more feminine than Green.

And all the Reds and Ash are different people, each living in a different universe. Same for Green and Gary.

Green's the boy in the original version. Don't insult other people for their preferences.
Can't we just cut with the confusion and use the nationally accepted names? I mean, different people using different names just makes things horribly confusing, and since a majority, if not all of us live outside of Japan, doesn't it make sense to use their names here?

Also, how could you say Blue is more feminine? I'm not one to associate colors with genders, but blue is pretty much the boy color (ever been to a hospital?), in contrast to girls' pink.

Or we can just say who is who in our post.

Red and Green(Boy), are counterparts to Ash and Gary, but not the same. And Blue(girl), has no counterpart, but some people say it's Giselle.

I guess, just seems like an unnecessary addition to what could be simple. Generally the forums I go to people just use the American names of everything so we can all understand, regardless of what our personal opinion on the matter is. I don't see why Pokémon fans have to be so stingy and just make things more complex.

Red doesn't speak, ash speaks way too much. I think this is enough proof XD besides this no they are just different people

I guess, just seems like an unnecessary addition to what could be simple. Generally the forums I go to people just use the American names of everything so we can all understand, regardless of what our personal opinion on the matter is. I don't see why Pokémon fans have to be so stingy and just make things more complex.

The manga is a different story. Red is always Red, but people have read different translations. Some go by the Viz/R/B/Y/G/S/C translation of Blue!=Gary and Green!=Girl, and others go by the straight Japanese translation of Green!=Gary, Blue!=Girl.

Also, how could you say Blue is more feminine? I'm not one to associate colors with genders, but blue is pretty much the boy color (ever been to a hospital?), in contrast to girls' pink.
Cause Green is SOOO much more feminine. Which sounds like a girl's name, Green or Blue? If you had ever read a baby name book, you'd see that, mostly, girls names end in vowels and boys in consonants. Dur.

Seeing as these characters are named after colours rather then more common names, I don't think conventional naming standards really apply here.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom