• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Red Green Artwork (again)

pokeant

Reaction score
This issue has been raised in the past, and yet there seems to be nothing being worked on. A few of us has reasons to believe the pokemon artwork we labelled as from Pokemon Red and Green is wrong and should be moved. All of the correct Red and Green artworks had been uploaded now. Shouldn't the artworks be moved to the correct names now? Furthermore, in the most recent Nintendo Direct (November 12/13 2015), the artwork used to demonstrate the Scyther Pinsir trade in the japanese version uses the correct Red Green Scyther Pinsir artwork instead of the one we currently labelled as Red Green. The one we currently labelled as Red Green is used instead for the english Nintendo Direct video (for Red and Blue).

I'd like to add that a number of us have tried to inform the admins but the only one who responded was a junior admin who told me that they didn't have the rights to change them because the process would involve swapping names.

I think it's important to give them the right names so everyone can easily distinguish the original (1996) artwork from the later (c. 1997) artwork.

The Gen I VC reveal has confirmed the images were indeed mistakenly set to the wrong games, prior claims didn't have verifiable evidence & we can't approve a mass-move without concrete evidence.

The staff will be organizing a mass move in the coming weeks.

I'm so glad something is being done now. While we're on the topic, can I request that for the Sugimoriart template, if the image is from Red/Green we use these images of Charizard and Venusaur:
Charizard
Venusaur

I'm so glad something is being done now. While we're on the topic, can I request that for the Sugimoriart template, if the image is from Red/Green we use these images of Charizard and Venusaur:
Charizard
Venusaur
They'll use whatever is the primary official art, as that will be what will take the standard filename that's already in use on the template.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom