• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Red Gyarados?

jinglejoe

Reaction score
I wonder if we could battle the red Gyarados like we did in Gold, Silver, and Crystal? It would be cool, I want another shiny in my collection.

Share your thoughts about it.

It would be stupid if they didn't include it, given all the hints they were dropping about it in DPP.

No Red Gyrados? Let's throw out the rest of the plot why don't we?

it better be there its one of the things that makes the originals so memorable. Plus this was the introduction to shiny pokemon.

It will definitely be there. It's one of the bigger parts of the game.

agreed. Red Gyarados is a huge part of the plot...pokemon being forced to evolve by team rocket, yatta yatta yatta.

There is no reason what-so-ever why they'd remove the Red Gyarados...

But the people that bothered to breed for a shiny magikarp will feel like their efforts gave nothing

Originally posted by Ho-oh Lover 4Ever:
But the people that bothered to breed for a shiny magikarp will feel like their efforts gave nothing

That doesn't really make sense. If someone knows enough about Pokemon to know about shinies, I would assume that they either knew that the first shiny was Red Gyrados, or they would be online, talking on forums about it. If they already knew about it, they wouldn't breed Magikarp.

Plus, the argument that people who worked harder would 'feel bad' isn't a reason to not have Red Gyra.

They better have Red Gyra, that was the best part of the original game.

The trainer's note for Red Gyarados will say it's from the Lake of Rage, so that would be how you can tell the difference.

It would be great to see Red Gyarados's overworld sprite with updated graphics. And yeah, no reason to remove it from the game.

That doesn't really make sense. If someone knows enough about Pokemon to know about shinies, I would assume that they either knew that the first shiny was Red Gyrados, or they would be online, talking on forums about it. If they already knew about it, they wouldn't breed Magikarp.

Plus, the argument that people who worked harder would 'feel bad' isn't a reason to not have Red Gyra.

They better have Red Gyra, that was the best part of the original game.

Ok I was just talking about CrownFire

Red Gyarados was the Best Until one Time It Couldn't eat any
Rare Candy but in The Anime the Gyrados Evolving were all Red
so I want Lake of rage to Be full of Red One's
as in Anime

Red Gyarados was the Best Until one Time It Couldn't eat any
Rare Candy but in The Anime the Gyrados Evolving were all Red
so I want Lake of rage to Be full of Red One's
as in Anime

no. There is one real red gyrados in the lake. you might find another through insane luck, but only if you really try.

There as that report on TV about the red gyrados, so yeah, I think it'll be added.

There as that report on TV about the red gyrados, so yeah, I think it'll be added.

I like how everyone's ignoring it was removed in Platinum; and is clinging to this as "proof" of it being in. It's actually proof against. Of course, it will be in anyway; and the TV report in DP was nothing more than a reference.

It was still referenced in the game at Lake Valor.

A better question is that how is everyone ignoring the fact that this is a GS 'remake' and not a new game set in Johto?

agreed. Red Gyarados is a huge part of the plot...pokemon being forced to evolve by team rocket, yatta yatta yatta.

Oh yeah, it is definitely an important fraction of the Team Rocket storyline....
but i believe i heard that the Red Gyarados will in fact, NOT be able to be captured. Instead, they will make it so that Lance captures it instead. I have no evidence though, just merely stating a possibility relied unto me by a third-party ;-)

I like how everyone's ignoring it was removed in Platinum; and is clinging to this as "proof" of it being in. It's actually proof against. Of course, it will be in anyway; and the TV report in DP was nothing more than a reference.

Well...not everyone OWNS Platinum lol ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom