• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Red shippings discussion

..What's the difference between Gold and Ethan? Do you mean Special Gold?

I consider Gold and Ethan different. Their outfits are different, Ethan has a marill, and is totally hyper. AND he has different grandparents.

Last edited by a moderator:
..What's the difference between Gold and Ethan? Do you mean Special Gold?

..I don't have any Red x Yellow artwork, being that there is no Yellow, but I have Red x Red.

9552644m.jpg

8907199m.jpg

8068957m.png

7559684m.png

7522652m.jpg

6768340m.jpg

6464214m.jpg

4893332m.jpg

3418934m.jpg

10612092m.jpg

Mmm fanart. ^_^ You're supposed to give credit to the people who made the fanart by the way.

As Ren the Ryoko said, Gold (not from the PokeSpec Manga, Gold from the original Gold/Silver/Crystal games) is very different from Ethan (with Ethan being the main male character in the remakes. He is a remake of Gold, but they're too different to be the same person, in my opinion.) Personally I prefer Gold as he looks much more badass than Ethan does. (And, as I chose Kotone/Lyra as my player, Ethan was depicted as being extremely hyper. I... don't like that much, to be honest.)

Red/Gold = Hawt. Mt. Silver is their smexy get away. (Blue and Silver will be so jealous)
Definitely. :drool:

My favorite one is Red/Leaf.

<.< >.>

And I came up with a name for Red/Pikachu. *Drumroll* STARTERSHIPPING. YEAH.

And I came up with a name for Red/Pikachu. *Drumroll* STARTERSHIPPING. YEAH.

It doesn't have a name yet? Blasphemy! We better get to work making this pairing popular then.

Mmm fanart. ^_^ You're supposed to give credit to the people who made the fanart by the way.

Ah..
>>
I can't recall honestly. I have a lot of fanart on my PC so..

To me, Ethan and "Gold" are one entity. There is no "Gold". Heck, that was never even his name.
But it's odd. I support Ethan/Red gen 4 wise, but not gen 2 wise. That must be because I only support it when Lyra is the protagonist.

It doesn't have a name yet? Blasphemy! We better get to work making this pairing popular then.

Ah..
>>
I can't recall honestly. I have a lot of fanart on my PC so..

To me, Ethan and "Gold" are one entity. There is no "Gold". Heck, that was never even his name.
But it's odd. I support Ethan/Red gen 4 wise, but not gen 2 wise. That must be because I only support it when Lyra is the protagonist.

Of course his name was Gold. What did you call him before the remakes?

Red/Gold = Hawt. Mt. Silver is their smexy get away. (Blue and Silver will be so jealous)
lol

His official name.
He's got five (technically six, since one is just the Japanese take on one of the others) official names:
ゴルード, Gold, ケンタ, ヒビキ, Ethan, and Jimmy
Well, that's six, only considering the English and Japanese names... there's more if you start tacking on more languages. Still, the current "official" name for this character in English is Ethan, though the longest standing one is Gold.

Anyway, Red pairings that I like are...

Green/Red (or Blue/Red for western fandom)
Red/Gold
Black/Red (xD Well, not that I've actually seen stuff for it)
Lance/Red
Red/Misty (Yeah, one of the few straight pairings I can deal with; manga-verse, as well. =])

He has two official names. Ethan and Hibiki. Jimmy is his anime counterparts name and Gold only refers to certain manga counterparts...

Enough of that..

Let's talk pairings, not just about which pairings you like.

Red/Green (the boy)

Originalshipping is the hottest shipping in Pokemon :D

I support RedXLeaf. Maybe pairing Red with some of the female Gym Leaders can work (either Misty. Erika or Sabrina).

Personally, I never liked same sex pairings or pairings with Pokemon (specially the latter); but hey, there's place for everyone I think.

i'm a green/red fan all the way, though i'll admit to liking red/kotone, red/clair (don't ask), and a few others as well
despite his solemn attitude, he's very shippable ;)

I like OriginalShipping and whatever Red x Daisy Oak is called.

Originalshipping? That's Red x Green, right? In the games it's Masarashipping.

'Never thought of Red with Daisy. I'm more of a Leaf and Daisy fan.

My main game red ships
Red x leaf
Red x dawn
Red x may
Red x kris
Red x hilda
Red x selene
Red x rosa
Red x serena
Red x akari
Red x Irida
Red x korrina
Red x misty
Red x sabrina
Red x cynthia

Other than that, I can ship red with almost any girl you can think of. but not all. and no i don't like yaoi ship. And in the same way, I ship manga red with the manga versions of these and most girls you can think of.

My main game red ships
Red x leaf
Red x dawn
Red x may
Red x kris
Red x hilda
Red x selene
Red x rosa
Red x serena
Red x akari
Red x Irida
Red x korrina
Red x misty
Red x sabrina
Red x cynthia

Other than that, I can ship red with almost any girl you can think of. but not all. and no i don't like yaoi ship. And in the same way, I ship manga red with the manga versions of these and most girls you can think of.
Oh I forgot red x marnie and red x lillie

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom