• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Red?

jinglejoe

Reaction score
Remember in Gold, Silver, and Crystal when you could battle Red, do you think you can do that in HeartGold and SoulSilver? Maybe you can even battle Leaf.

Perhaps.
I enjoyed battling Red in the First 2 games and would love to go there again.Maybe you and Blue/Soul/Silver will double battle Red and Leaf

I actually do wonder if they'll put in Leaf too. Maybe she's a champion too in some cave somewhere? lol.

What would be cool is if they made it to where you battled Red if you chose to start out as a guy and you battled Leaf if you chose to be a girl.

You'll definitely battle Red, that much is certain. Leaf, Iuno. It'll be cool if they have an active role in the story (the Kanto part anyway) instead of only being seen in Mt. Silver.

Perhaps.
I enjoyed battling Red in the First 2 games and would love to go there again.Maybe you and Blue/Soul/Silver will double battle Red and Leaf

Actually,that's a pretty good idea! Regardless of what gender you chose,I want both Red and Leaf/Blue(I call her Blue) to take part of the storyline. Also a double battle with Silver against Red and Green(Blue for American players) would be epic as well.

I like the idea of battling red if you are Gold and battling leaf if your soul or whatever her name is.

Well, it's great in theory, but I really think you should get the chance to battle both of them at different times in the story.

You'll definitely battle Red, that much is certain. Leaf, Iuno. It'll be cool if they have an active role in the story (the Kanto part anyway) instead of only being seen in Mt. Silver.

Leaf can be as active as she wants, but Red should remain as silent and mysterious as he was before. It's more fun that way—makes you actually use your imagination.

And his Pokémon need to out-level Pearl's level 85 starter!

Yeah, Pikachu should be level OVER NINE THOU- *shot*

I like the idea of battling red if you are Gold and battling leaf if your soul or whatever her name is.
And it actually makes sense as presumably if you chose the girl now you also chose the girl in FRLG so the sense of 'battling yourself' remains intact.

...Or something. :B

And it actually makes sense as presumably if you chose the girl now you also chose the girl in FRLG so the sense of 'battling yourself' remains intact.

...Or something. :B

When put that way, it makes sense. And this is probably what will happen. But the option to battle both would be really cool.

the Red you battle is Red from Yellow. His strongest Pokemon is his starting Pikachu and he has all three starters, so it's Red from Yellow.

No third gen Yellow, no third gen female match. :1

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom