• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Redesigns

Reaction score
How do you think your favorite Hoenn locations will be redesigned; IN 3D!!! :naughty: I can't wait to see Route 113, all that ash.

I really hope they make Slateport look like a port bazaar. I expect to see many colorful goods, fruits, and eye-candy in general. Oh, and many burly sailors loitering about.

Fortree city will also be very interesting.

Mt. Pyre should be fun, I'm hoping they can get a very spooky look to it.

Also looking forward to my favourite route of all regions, Route 119.

I wanna see how they pull off what they did in Route 120. That is the most memorable thing in any pokemon game to me, when the rain clears and you see clouds in the reflection. This time, they could actually put it in the sky where it belong.

Actually I want to see the all new Fortree city. It's just like we're in a tree house apartment but much bigger and oh...I also want to try what does it like to be walking in a wooden hanging bridge, fun stuff to do there you know.

I just wanna see my old secret base IN FRICKIN 3D!!!! *nostalgia kicks in*

Cut scenes need to be done well in 3D!!!

Like cable car rides, for example. I have high expectations for those rides. Like seriously, if that's not done properly I'm giving up on the series. (Just kidding on the giving up part, but I would be annoyed.) And of course the Sootopolis cutscene if they bring that back from Pokémon Emerald.

Were there any other cutscenes? If there were, well I would love to see those in 3D, as well!

Since berry trees have been totally redesigned in gen VI, I'm looking forward to seeing the new trees around Hoenn! They'll look a lot better than the empty patches of dirt I always ended up with when I didn't replant berries in Sapphire, haha!

I'm also hoping the gyms get a bit of a design tweak, the Kalos gyms were really fun and unique!

I'm excited to see Sootopolis in 3D. Keen to see how Pacifidlog turns out too.

What about the main characters? They've been redesigned in remakes? Although, hopefully we'll get the classic looks as trainer customization options.

I really just want to see how the redesigns turn out, but I wonder how places like Mt. Chimney and Mt. Pyre will look.

You know what? Wait for all of the underwater areas of hoenn! That will be a real treat for me to see!

-Fortree City
-Cave of Origin
-Sootopolis City
-Ever Grande City
-Lavaridge Town (the spring....)
-The cycling road.
-Sky pillar

I think that's all I got right now....

Oh yeah one more thing! Mt.pyre would be my favorite scene to see (not the indoor one of course!)

I'm not all that concerned about how my favorite areas will be redesigned. I'm much more interested in how my LEAST favorite areas will be redesigned. Perspective changes and differing scenery and terrain in X and Y made routes that would otherwise be boring just as compelling as the best of them. So perhaps in the remakes there will be more variation in the sea routes, caves, and otherwise uninteresting places between towns.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom