• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Regarding Leaks and Rumors (UPDATED 7th Aug - READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Every Pokemon generation prerelease is different, and every time we think we've figured out what GameFreak is planning they still end up surprising us. The one constant I have seen since starting on Bulbagarden for the HGSS release is that leaks and rumors (and many, many fakes) will always be shared between our users. Whether they involve the region, the starters, story details, or what kind of event legendaries we can expect to see, there will never be a drought of unconfirmed information to be discussed, at least not for very long.

However, during my time moderating for the Black and White release I witnessed one of the largest leaks in Pokemon history. Hundreds of players saw the entire Unova Pokedex long before the games came out. While I know that there were some that were not bothered by this, many players were unhappy that they had accidentally spoiled themselves on later parts of the games. In addition, we saw a number of very heated arguments pop up in regards to the starters' final evolutions much like we have seen recently. Personal attacks became so common that it was agreed to suspend all discussion of the leaked starters until the game was launched.

We don't want to have a repeat of the BW release. Mistakes were made on all sides, but that should never result in topics of conversation being banned. We have no intention of ever silencing discussion on leaks and rumors again, barring a few, extremely unlikely scenarios playing out.

But this means that we as a community need to come to an agreement. For the sake of those who would like to discuss confirmed information about Sun and Moon without being exposed to leaks or rumors (including faked images and video), we ask that all discussion of these topics be kept in this thread. This includes signatures and avatars as well. Discussion outside this thread of leaks, rumors, and faked media will be deleted by our moderation team and we will send you a private message regarding the matter. Please note that we have no intention of giving official warnings or infractions for posts accidentally discussing this kind of material unless absolutely necessary. Posts that aggresively spoil for others may receive official warnings.

As always, remember that Coro Coro magazine is an official publication that has been approved by TPCi and GameFreak to reveal new Pokemon details. Images will still be posted in the appropriate thread.

I also would like to take one final moment of your time and discuss Bulbagarden's official stance regarding the final games breaking the official street date launch (because let's be honest, it's likely to happen again). We still consider information revealed through videos, streams, images, and text that originated from these early releases as leaked information. By all means, discuss it in the appropriate thread, but do note that we will not be sharing any leaked content on our official social media channels and request that it not be shared into any other threads elsewhere on the forums. By extension, you will not be able to find leaked information on Bulbapedia.

I hope this helps clarify our team's thoughts on leaks and rumors. We strive for Bulbagarden to be a place where fans can have a great time and chat about their favorite franchise, and it can be difficult at times to appeal to multiple crowds. In the end, we believe this is a fair compromise that will allow trainers to respectfully discuss leaked information without accidentally tarnishing the experience of other players. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this policy, please send me a private message.

Train on!

Last edited:
If you must mention potential spoilers (from any of the possible leaks recently) outside of the rumour/leak thread please use spoiler tags. We aren't going to keep editing them in for you, so if it keeps happening warnings/infractions will start being given out.

For those who don't know how to use them

-Either type [*spoiler]and put your text here[*/spoiler] but remember to remove the * from the coding
-Click the Insert button, it's between media (looks like a film/photo reel) and undo. It looks like a sheet with lines with a dot in the top left corner. Click that and choose spoiler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom