• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Regarding Team Plasma's Appearance in the TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvet

Reaction score
This thought just occured to me as late, I have been going through some of the old episodes of Best Wishes, and I remember them showing a Team Plasma member at the end of the episode before Burgh's battle. I was curious as to whether or not, because of the debute, whether or not, they'll still include Team Plasma within the Anime or simply scrap them.

What are your thoughts?

Seeing as its so late in the series and either they will be scrapped completely or they will appear and the episodes with them will be reworked to fit the current spot with in series. They may just save it for after the Unova League.

Maybe they could actually expand the Unova series. Having Team Plasma appear at the League (with N interrupting the tournament XDD), and maybe the plot could continue on to the Eastern part of Unova. There's hardly anything going on there in the games - maybe they're aiming to give those places some spotlight, too.

really don't know! the stupid thing is we saw TR plotting for so long in the first 23 episodes and than they didn't do anything! It's stupid not t come back to that!
Would really love t see N and company appear really soon! Fukiyose is pefect fpr that! Isn't it!?

It's entirely possible that the skipped two-parter ended with the Plasma-Dan being disbanded.

It's entirely possible that the skipped two-parter ended with the Plasma-Dan being disbanded.
I think you are the first person who has suggested this. If that turned out to be true, it would certainly be a bizarre anticlimax without even taking the skip into account.

Team Plasma ended up being the new Porygon... never seen again

Unfortunately, I think Team Plasma will never be shown. The only reason i might think otherwise, was Zekrom being shown in the first episode. What was that all about? It had to do with something about N, or Team Plasma. It'll probably just be like the GS ball though. Never brought up again.

They probably will show them in the next season. Sadly, the skipped two parter ruined the whole best wishes era for me

They ARE going to appear. And it's going to be very soon. And when they do get shown, N will appear and so will jerk face Ghetsis. I'm not worrying about them not getting shown because I get the feeling they will be. And I mean, Giovanni mentioned Team Plasma(sorta) in the damn first episode!!! I know that Pokemon isn't one of those shows that ALWAYS does what they say, but since he mentioned them, they NEED to get shown.

Consider where we are going to be by the end of the month. There is not much of the primary part of Unova left. Unless they do plan on going to the other half of Unova, we do not have the time, and even if they were to attempt it, it would be as lame as TA and TM in terms of setup. Pray for all of Unova to be featured, or TP is screwed.

Consider where we are going to be by the end of the month. There is not much of the primary part of Unova left. Unless they do plan on going to the other half of Unova, we do not have the time, and even if they were to attempt it, it would be as lame as TA and TM in terms of setup. Pray for all of Unova to be featured, or TP is screwed.

Hmmmm that is very true. Though, I did have this idea, since there's seven sages of Team Plasma plus N that would make 8 main members in total. So what's stopping Ash, and his friends from spreading out through Unova and fighting them in the different locations and cities that had Gym Leaders? Basically re-doing Unova, except instead of Gym Battles, they're hunting down Team Plasma down.

At this rate? No, we won't see them unless they show up at the League. Although I've got to say that if that two-parter finished with Team Plasma being disbanded then that idea is phenomenally stupid and whoever wrote that episode should be fired because I want to see N and Gheetis. Those two alone could probably redeem Black and White, and Team Plasma itself would be great.

Why on earth would they have Team Plasma disband in the middle of the series? That just sounds like really lazy writing to me.

Now I'm even more pessimistic. I really thought Best Wishes would stand out from all the other arcs. Now its just a lot of wasted potential.

Two episodes and they just...... quit? I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem likely, no matter how you look at it.

Team Plasma was by far one of the most notorious villainous teams in the Pokémon video game franschise, so I would think they'd had a prominent role in the Best Wishes series. They just don't write characters that important out like that.

I's positive we will see them sometime in the series. And I'm sure when they do, it'll be a big episode (or two).

Now I really wish the anime producers would say something about it. Because we can't have another GS ball - that was one item, and it was forgotten since Celebi was going to be in the fourth movie.

...hey, could it be possible they're going to introduce Team Plasma in a future MOVIE??

They don't want to offend/get sued/attacked by PETA or other animal rights organizations by portraying them as wrong/villains/evil.

Just kidding.

Earthquake victims come before fans, so they don't show the episodes as not to remind victims of that day due to those days being the air date of the episodes.

It's like 9-11 references in television in the USA. Unless you're careful/joking about it, American and on on late night adult animation/comedy shows , you don't make kids think it was funny till 22.5 years(one generation) after it happens. Same with the earthquakes. Only adults are allowed to portray it that way, children are encouraged to pay respect to the dead in order to build good character, so making fun of a national tragedy is taboo until you are in the R or its Japanese equivalent demographic, which by then is the episodes are most likely forgotten by the members of the target demographic of the show at the time.

And the US won't see it until Japan and South Korea See it, so I don't think we will see it until we're too old to care.

I don't like the sound of it, but this is a case of "think of the children, then make it like their parents watch them on the internet, not letting them view adult matters, and while hoping it does not become a controversy in our own country, never air the episodes. And *not calling anybody here this*13+-year old foreigners who spend all day and night in their parent(s) basement on the computer don't count, since they are not in the target demographic and are too old for our show, according to our anti-internet way of thinking!"

We(fansite members) don't matter to them. We're just copyright violators/pirates/a loss of profit in their eyes. We need to get 5-10 year old Japanese and international kids to speak up and demand those episodes. Otherwise, a GS Ball it is.

SOL.

Last edited:
Hey...what if they really introduce Team Plasma in a future movie? Like @Muk-a-matic said, it was bad timing that the earthquake happened when it was scheduled to air, the plot involving buildings being wrecked down.

Though, IF it's a movie some two years later or so, we might be able to see them XDD

Almost every movie had been focused on region legendaries, or future legendaries with the exception of Movie 8 where Mew was a legendary in the past generation and Lucario was NOT a legendary, and Movie 13 where Celebi and the dog trio were past legendaries and Zoroark was NOT a legendary. But those two are exceptions.

Reshiram and Zekrom had taken up their spots in Movie 14, but there's STILL a lot of legendaries not revealed officially yet. And there's a legendary that's related to Team Plasma - Genesect...though it's I don't know if it could be called a "legendary" since it's artificially made, but that's not the issue for now.

Since Movie 15 would be about the Muskedeers and Kyurem (I don't know if it's confirmed, but it's highly likely), maybe Movie 16 or 17 could be about Genesect. The location would be the P2 Lab and its surroundings.
There could be a total of three or four leading groups in the story
- Ash and crew
- Ghetsis and scientists of Team Plasma who created Genesect and is using it for their evil plans.
- N who opposed the experiment and tries to liberate Genesect.
- some fourth party who just happened to be there

What do you think?

^ Sounds like a watered down version of the real plot with the Unova Dragons. I like Genesect, but Team Plasma deserve what Team Galactic had.

Believe it or not, its actually still a small sliver of chance for Team Plasma appearing, because of the episode that featured the Black Hero and Zekrom. They could still be considering a Team Plasma plot... possibly.

However, it seems like both Giovanni and Team Plasma were mostly dropped after that incident, so I'm not holding my breath. Unless something major is revealed around the time of the anime Dragon Spiral Tower or in Opelucid City of coarse, which would be the best times to reintroduce them back into the plot.

Another scenario is them interrupting the league, or having N compete in the league as a mysterious trainer. Having the plot climax right there or go on all the way through Eastern Unova.

Getting back to reality though, they likely won't appear, its a real shame.

TaiChiChasers said:
Two episodes and they just...... quit? I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem likely, no matter how you look at it.

I don't think it's unlikely at all. By the time the 22nd episode aired, the TV series had already skipped the introduction of both N and G'Cis, the speech and Karakusa Town, the theft of the skeleton in Shippou City, and the encounter in the Pinwheel Forest. They then went and gave the Site of Dreams stuff to the Rocket-Dan.

You also have to remember that each episode takes six months to finish, meaning that everything up to the Raimon City Subway two-parter was already being worked on by the time the disaster struck. Unless there are even more skipped episodes that we're unaware of (and that seems unlikely, given what we know), there are even *more* skipped Plasma-Dan encounters.

It's obvious that the writers had no intention of even *trying* to adapt their plotline from the games, regardless of what happened on 3/11. Given what we've seen so far, I don't think the idea of them turning the Plasma-Dan into a "villain of the day" is that farfetched at all. The writers seem to want to do make the Rocket-Dan the main villains of this series, for whatever reason, and I wouldn't put it past them to make the Plasma-Dan less important to achieve that.

It's a shitty theory and I hope it's not what ended up happening, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom