• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Regarding Team Plasma's Appearance in the TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious they did get the Plasma/Rocket eps and simply didn't air them because of what happened in Japan and the decision to postpond/ignore these episodes' existence... wether they already dubbed them before knowing they won't air them or not, will probably stay unknown... but they obviously got the eps when they got the first batch of BW eps (I doubt they got less than, like, 26 eps, for start...)
Sadly, by now, I don't expect these eps to ever air, not even edited/retconned/anything... and I don't expect Team Plasma to even exist in the anime at all due to this...

Sadly, by now, I don't expect these eps to ever air, not even edited/retconned/anything... and I don't expect Team Plasma to even exist in the anime at all due to this...

Why wouldn't you expect them to air? They'll probably edit out the wild Krok scenes and make changes if Tepig evolved by the time these air, but they're still completely done episodes.

My guess is they're waiting till after the league to restart it into the filler arc in Eastern Unova.

You might be right, but I'm going with the "better get ready for the worst case" way, so either I'm right and I'd get less disappointed by it since I expected it, or I'm wrong and will be surprised for good when they do appear eventually
So I'll stay convinced they'll never appear until proved otherwise...

Why can't they just air them with the same story and same position in the continuity? It's not like something like this hasn't happened before. Episodes can be aired out of order due to broadcasting issues be they for linear story TV show or episodic ones. In those cases, however, they don't attempt to rewrite the episodes in accordance to the broadcasting mistakes since it'd be a waste of effort. Plus, it's possible to explain in the cold opening with text (you know, like the "When watching TV, be sure to sit from a safe distance" warning due to Porygon) that the two parter takes place right before BW025, Ash and Burgh's Gym Battle, and they are now being aired properly as said before. They don't even need to mention the Earthquake or when they were suppose to air, just that they're airing never-before-seen episodes and no one would care. They'd show the episodes with edited scenes to remove the shaking effects and that'd be that. Plus, this show is both linear and also episodic so they're always the chance that a viewer will have missed an episode (we've all been there) and airing the two parter in their original place in continuity probably would be much of a hassle.

What they did with the fishing eps suggest they prefer to retcon eps into current continuity rather than try to explain them airing out of order
So most likely, if they ever air these two eps, it'll be retconned to current continuity just like the fishing ep... wether you like it or not, that's the way they chose

What they did with the fishing eps suggest they prefer to retcon eps into current continuity rather than try to explain them airing out of order
So most likely, if they ever air these two eps, it'll be retconned to current continuity just like the fishing ep... wether you like it or not, that's the way they chose

The retcon for the fishing episode was probably because said episode was a filler at best even with Bianca and not significant at all like TR vs TP. Plus, did they even say official that this retcon is true? No.

What?... it was retconned... @_@" and being "filler" or not changes nothing...

How? It makes sense if the fishing episode was retconned since having it in Castelia City would've have served much purpose, especially since it's not relevant to the suppose plot. The TP two parter is "plot" related and retconning it would leave a gapping hole in the plot between BW022 and BW025. What happened to Giovanni, Pierce and everyone else in the Desert Resort? Why did Juniper randomly tell Ash she was going to the desert if he wasn't going? In fact, what did Juniper do in the Desert Resort and what happened? Why did Jessie, James and Meowth suddenly go off-duty for Giovanni directly?

"retconning it would leave a hole..." - yet you ignore how this supposed "hole" already exists right now and existed for almost a year... they clearly don't care about that at all and if these eps ever air they'll obviously be retconned to current continuity just as the fishing ep was
Anyway, as I said, I doubt they'll even air at all in any way or form so yeah... (even IF they decide to still feature Plasma in the anime, I think they'll change their initial plans and just make new eps with them with different ideas than what they thought to do at first...)

Come to think of it, in BW025 and onwards, no mention of the two parter or Team Plasma is ever made. One might say that it's because of editing but how could ShoPro do that without making them the least bit noticeable, especially at a moment's notice. It's pretty much like that in each episode that isn't part of a multi-parter or mini-arc: there's little to no influence on the next episode most of the time.

Well, I just made a video message to TV TOKYO about this matter. Some fans are giving up hope on the episode's airing. The video is in English but is subtitled in Japanese.

[video=youtube;-ds_z_MX2bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBU1Nulaps[/video]

Last edited:
matt0044 said:
Why can't they just air them with the same story and same position in the continuity? It's not like something like this hasn't happened before.

The only time this has ever happened is with the two Christmas / snow themed episodes in Kanto. And they probably would have retconned *those* episodes into later Kanto if the technology to do it as quickly and cheaply as they can now existed at the time.

Wait, third message? I take it you've done this before. Have they ever replied?

I did do it before. It was before the episode was postponed worldwide, too, when the fishing episode finally decided to air. However, no, they did not reply to me. I hope they do this time.

Since I posted my last video message, the YouTube account associated with that video got suspended, resulting in it no longer being available.

Also,

LDEJRuff said:
Well, I just made a video message to TV TOKYO about this matter.

I'll say this: if I received a message as rude as that, I'd ignore it too. I mean really, "and you'd better air the episode soon"? Who the hell are you to start bossing them around like that?

Your subtitles also shouldn't jump around from plain form to polite form like that.

I'm starting to think that TR VS TP just got thrown away in the writers trash bin.

Or they forgot about it. That would suck.

But it's been almost a year now - and no sight of TP yet - so they will not appear, I believe, unfortunely.

The only time this has ever happened is with the two Christmas / snow themed episodes in Kanto. And they probably would have retconned *those* episodes into later Kanto if the technology to do it as quickly and cheaply as they can now existed at the time.

Well, it's really hard to tell when they take place unlike TR vs TP but then again, Kanto wasn't plot driven as much as DP and onwards.

"retconning it would leave a hole..." - yet you ignore how this supposed "hole" already exists right now and existed for almost a year... they clearly don't care about that at all and if these eps ever air they'll obviously be retconned to current continuity just as the fishing ep was
Anyway, as I said, I doubt they'll even air at all in any way or form so yeah... (even IF they decide to still feature Plasma in the anime, I think they'll change their initial plans and just make new eps with them with different ideas than what they thought to do at first...)

If they did just redo the episodes, then I'd be happy. VERY HAPPY. Just air the damn things already!!! I'm getting more and more pissed off. I cannot wait any longer to see my darling N.

Also,

LDEJRuff said:
Well, I just made a video message to TV TOKYO about this matter.

I'll say this: if I received a message as rude as that, I'd ignore it too. I mean really, "and you'd better air the episode soon"? Who the hell are you to start bossing them around like that?

Your subtitles also shouldn't jump around from plain form to polite form like that.

You're right. It was a little rude of me, and I'm sorry. (sweatdrops) Maybe next time, when I do a video message to a broadcasting company with a request, I'll do it nicely.

I'm starting to think that TR VS TP just got thrown away in the writers trash bin.

Or they forgot about it. That would suck.

But it's been almost a year now - and no sight of TP yet - so they will not appear, I believe, unfortunely.

I doubt that they have forgotten about it, It probably just takes some time to decide where and when to show them, which could be after the league.
I would like to see them within the year though, or at least Giovanni/Team Rocket members other than JJM and Zeger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom